It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2004, 08:39 AM   #1

Kanel HB User
How does it happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus
The body is able to reabsorb excess sperm and semen that doesn't get ejaculated. So wet dreams are just one way the body can get rid of excess semen, but not the only way. Many guys never get wet dreams even if they don't masturbate. So basically wet dreams are 'optional' - you're perfectly normal if you never get them. I've only had 1 in my entire life, when I was 19. I got it after only 5 days of not masturbating/ejaculating. Yet I had later gone 2 months without ejaculating 'trying' to have a wet dream, and nothing happened.

There's not a lot of research out there on how wet dreams work. But from what I can tell, wet dreams have more to do with how the mind works while your dreaming in the REM sleep cycle, than it does just to get rid of excess semen.
-What is the other ways the body can get rid of excess semen?

Old 03-17-2004, 10:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Katyana HB User
Re: How does it happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanel
-What is the other ways the body can get rid of excess semen?
It's broken down in the body and reabsorbed. That's a natural process

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2004, 12:13 PM   #3

antares_wish HB User
Re: How?

Masturbate, it's the way almost all men relieve the excess pressure. It's normal, fun and safe. It will also make your dating life easier since you won't be after sex as much, you can relax and be yourself and she will respond to that.

Old 03-18-2004, 08:20 AM   #4

Kanel HB User
Re: How does it happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katyana
It's broken down in the body and reabsorbed. That's a natural process
But does the body have any possibility to dispose of excess semen without ejaculating it from the penis? If so, how does the semen come out from the body?

Old 03-18-2004, 08:43 AM   #5
Inactive

Calixte_Silas HB User
Re: Getting rid of excess semen?

That's what nocturnal emissions are for. Wet dreams are the bodies way of clearing out the old stock to make room for new semen being produced.

Old 03-18-2004, 12:26 PM   #6

antares_wish HB User

Quote:
Originally posted by kanel
But does the body have any possibility to dispose of excess semen without ejaculating it from the penis? If so, how does the semen come out from the body?
I'm not a doctor so you have to take what I say with a grain of salt but I would guess that what Katyana is saying is that the body absorbs the semen just like you digest food in your stomach. I have no clue and I doubt that anyone other than a doctor would know for sure. Why not just ask your doctor on your next physical or do a search online?

Old 03-24-2004, 01:58 AM   #7
Inactive

Budoguy HB User

There is no such thing as excess semen. Semen is a mixture of secretions from the vas deferens (spermatozoa in an alkaline solution), cowper's gland, seminal vesicles and the prostate gland. Each of these organs, with the exception of the testes, is stimulated by the autonomic nervous system during arousal. This produces the secretion we call semen. It is only produced during arousal and mostly just prior to ejaculation. So if ya produce it, ya see it coming out.......to be perfectly graphic.

As far as sperm go, every 16 days or so there is another wave of spermatogenesis, after which sperm take about 72 days to mature in the epididymus. During sexual arousal, powerful contractions of the vas deferens smooth muscle conveys sperm in its nutrient solution into the pelvic cavity where it mixes with secretions from the other glands I mentioned.

I hope this clears up any misconceptions.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 03-24-2004 at 03:19 PM. Reason: This is a peer support board. See the board guidelines for further information.

Closed Thread