It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2004, 07:03 PM   #1
peejee

Question Does excessive masturbation stunt growth and development???

Hi people,

I was thinking about something the other day and I wondered if anyone could help me. I am 21 and used to masturbate a LOT when I was going through puberty. When I say A LOT I'm talking once (occasionally twice) a day, 7 days a week!!! At that time, I was very skinny and just didn't seem to be developing like the other guys. My body had no muscle (and I mean no muscle just skin and bone), I didn't have any facial hair whatsoever, my testicles and penis were small and I had little body hair.

Now I'm 22, and the problems that plagued me as a teenager are still around. I'm now 6ft 3in with long limbs but other than my height I've never really "grown" into a man! I now have leg hair, armpit hair and pubic hair and some hair around my nipples and very light "peach fuzz" on my chin and below my nose but I am still incredibly thin. Not the type of thin that you would usually think when a 22yr old says he's thin. I have minimal muscle on my body. I have friends who consider themselves "skinny" but they have natural, long, lean muscle on their bodies whereas I seem to have bone. Any muscle I do have is very soft and no matter how much working out I do I can't seem to make it hard and tight. I look very boyish (I'd say I look like a 6ft 3in 17yr old) and my penis and testicles are still very small.

My question is: I have continued to masturbate excessively throughout my life (I'm now 22 and I jerkoff 5 times a week) from the age of around 14/15 so is it possible I have stunted my development in some way? I read something the other day that said excessive masturbation as a teenager uses testosterone that would be used in growth and development? Is that true? Have I stunted my development through excessive masturbation?

Any help please. Thanks a lot.

Last edited by peejee; 06-08-2004 at 07:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2004, 10:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User
Re: Does excessive masturbation stunt growth and development???

Quote:
Originally Posted by peejee
My question is: I have continued to masturbate excessively throughout my life (I'm now 22 and I jerkoff 5 times a week) from the age of around 14/15 so is it possible I have stunted my development in some way?
Your level of masturbation isn't excessive at all, I would say you are fairly normal in that regard. Frequent masturbation also didn't cause your growth situation either.

However being very thin with little muscle development can be related to a condition known as hyperthyroid. I suggest you visit a doctor and have your thyroid hormone checked (the test is called TSH). Perhaps you could write down your concerns before you go to the doc to make it easier to talk to him without getting embarassed.

Last edited by orion; 06-08-2004 at 10:17 PM.

Old 06-09-2004, 03:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

I agree with Orion, your masturbation habits seem totally in line for most of us. If masturbation stunted growth...I'd be about 2 feet tall by now! Seriously bud, I'd be looking for other reasons (or maybe there aren't any and its a genetic thing) But don't blame masturbation for this, it has NO effect on anything except pleasure!

Old 06-09-2004, 09:16 AM   #4
peejee

Thanx fellas. You've put my mind at rest!

Old 06-11-2004, 12:10 AM   #5

Matt muscle HB User

hey mate... your masturbation habits are very normal for your age... twice a day was not uncommon for me at that age.. and all my mates were very similar. No it wont stunt your growth... I think i know where you read that and it was probably one of those herbal remedy sites claiming that thier products if you buy them will remedy such a problem... saying that all men who masturbate more than twice a week will suffer from sexual exhaustion, and they have the cure for it!!!.....what a load of rubbish!!
However..i would have your thyriod checked and get a full hormone profile done..esp your testosterone levels.. not that you have a low sex drive!! But you are complaining about low development, so it couldnt hurt to make sure that all your levels are well within normal limits.

Old 06-11-2004, 12:27 PM   #6
peejee

Matt,

You're absolutely right. Found it on one of those american Herbal Remedy sites and it got me a little panicked. Thinking about it, it's probably the type of sites made by the same type of people who tell kids matsurbation will make you go blind and "self abuse" will send you straight to hell. I always thought lots of masturbation would improve your testosterone levels and vitality as it would stimulate your testes to create more testosterone??

Thanks for the advice I'll look into getting my hormones and thyroid checked. Great advice and thanks a lot, mate.

Old 06-11-2004, 03:09 PM   #7

euro18 HB User

Hey peejee

I think I am similar to you. I am 23 and look very boyish - I only have "fuzz" on my face too, when most of my friends can grow beards. I am 6"0 and very thin too - I always found it hard to put on weight when I was younger. I aslo have oily skin and some acne, so I look very boyish - in fact, before I went into a club, I was asked for ID recently! If i have low testosterone levels , well so be it - but I don't want anymroe cos that wouldn't help my skin would it?

Old 06-11-2004, 04:28 PM   #8

g i 2 boocoo HB User

If masturbation stunted growth in guys, we'd all be dwarves.

Old 06-11-2004, 07:19 PM   #9

Matt muscle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peejee
Matt,

You're absolutely right. Found it on one of those american Herbal Remedy sites and it got me a little panicked. Thinking about it, it's probably the type of sites made by the same type of people who tell kids matsurbation will make you go blind and "self abuse" will send you straight to hell. I always thought lots of masturbation would improve your testosterone levels and vitality as it would stimulate your testes to create more testosterone??

Thanks for the advice I'll look into getting my hormones and thyroid checked. Great advice and thanks a lot, mate.
Thought so!!! hehe!...thier marketing idea is quite clever... as they are trying to make money out of something that just about every male does... masturbation.. and then saying that doing it more than 2-3 times a week will damage your nervous system... which will lead to erectile dysfunction and inabilty to orgasm....however thier herbal pills will give you the stamina to overcome this go back to your old habits!!!!... wow the internet really is a plethora of ripoffs and misinformation hey!!... Many guys go through periods when thier sex drive is not optimal... and it can be for many reasons, diet exercise, stress, anxiety, drugs,lifestyle, mental health etc.... but masturbation or too much sex.... maybe if you were doing it 3-4 times a day... and even then i know of some guys that do that... and they certainly are not fading away!!
As you said..regular masturbation will help your body to produce fresh sperm and most likely stimulate test production. However extremly low muscular development, small genitals and slow hair growth could be a sign of low test during puberty... slightly hypogonadal, but it could also just be your genetics and how your body was designed to develop.... take a look at your parents physiology and your brothers if you have some.

Old 06-11-2004, 08:31 PM   #10
(male)

HappyCarnivore HB User

It shouldn't affect you in the least.

I discovered masturbation early, maybe age 8 or 9, and since then have been very regularly once, twice, or even three times a day masturbating. I am now 19, and have been very developed in all respects from an early age. I started shaving at age 13, got chest hair around the same age, and my muscular development has been very consistent.

No sir, masturbation has little/no correlation with physical/hormonal growth.

Old 06-11-2004, 09:51 PM   #11
(male)

Cat_Man_Do_1962 HB User

Have to agree. Quite normal.

I also discovered masturbation around age 9. I am now in my 40s, still masturbate, when needed, am 6'3" & 250 lsb. No stunted growth here.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:35 PM   #12
(male)

mandown321 HB User

Peejee, have you had your thyroid checked out? I have the SAME EXACT issues. I'm 20, 6'5", and 180lbs. I've started thinking about getting my thyroid checked out. If anyone else has any insight on this, by all means, feel free to reply.

Closed Thread