It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2004, 01:46 PM   #1
(male)

bozo69 HB User
smell of uncut penis

Hey I think my penis may have BO or something I have heard about this being common for uncut guys and I need some help. Do I just wash it with water, use soap or anything else? Also after I take a **** won't it end up smelling bad cause sometimes a little more comes out after I am done how do I fix this. Sometimes when I feel under the foreskin there is a slimy like substance but its not precum I don't know what it is. Basically I just need to know the best way to not have a bad smell down there. Thanks!

Old 06-11-2004, 03:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User
Re: smell of uncut penis

Read the section on "Smegma Build Up" in my stretching post
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=178155
To copy and paste it highlight the address and press "Ctrl" and "c". Then delete the address in the web browser's Address window and with the cursor still in that window press "Ctrl" and "v". Then press the "Enter" key.
Thatís on a PC. There must be similar shortcuts on a Mac but I donít know them.
Soap can actually cause an inmbalance in the natural flora and cause bad smells sometimes.
Cheers,
Geoff

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2004, 04:01 PM   #3

g i 2 boocoo HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozo69
Hey I think my penis may have BO or something I have heard about this being common for uncut guys and I need some help. Do I just wash it with water, use soap or anything else?
Soap and water works wonders. I used to be uncut (I'm 18 by the way) but got circumcised about a year ago. If you can pull the foreskin all the way back over the head of your penis, when you shower just wash your penis with soap and water, especially around the head. Avoid using the anti-bacterial soaps, like Dial, since they tend to be stronger and use a milder soap instead.

Quote:
Also after I take a **** won't it end up smelling bad cause sometimes a little more comes out after I am done how do I fix this.
I used to pull the foreskin back before taking a whiz just because otherwise I always had to deal with the "spray factor" for lack of a better term. Then I'd just shake the rest off. If you do that and use a mild soap to wash your penis when showering, you should be okay in the penis hygiene department.

Quote:
Sometimes when I feel under the foreskin there is a slimy like substance but its not precum I don't know what it is. Basically I just need to know the best way to not have a bad smell down there. Thanks!
What you're referring to underneath your foreskin is smegma which, as I understand it, is just a natural secretion of the sebaceous glands and is something that occurs in both women and in uncircumcised men. (At least, I haven't noticed any smegma on my penis since getting circumcised.) I've never noticed smegma on a girl, and I've looked for it too, though every girl I've ever had sex with was turned off by the smegma on my penis, despite the fact that there was never very much smegma there to be turned off by. Mine used to accumulate right on the underside of the head and I'd wash it off every day, sometimes more than once a day, since I'm physically active and always take two, and sometimes three, showers daily. I'd just pull the foreskin back and wash with soap and water and if I noticed any smegma down there, I'd be sure to wash it off.

Pretty basic stuff, actually. Nothing worse than having a dialog with your girlfriend about suffering from stinky penis syndrome.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-12-2004 at 10:08 AM. Reason: please note edit to your post and use proper terminology in the future.

Old 06-12-2004, 07:44 AM   #4
(male)

lelu HB User

An clean uncut penis has no more smell than a clean cut one.

Both cut and uncut smell if not washed!

Wash daily with soap and water, rinse well.

Skin back before urinating.

The only smegma I ever saw was when quite young... when I first discovered I could skin it back.

Old 06-12-2004, 01:30 PM   #5

Bill Magic HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelu
An clean uncut penis has no more smell than a clean cut one.

Both cut and uncut smell if not washed!

Wash daily with soap and water, rinse well.

Skin back before urinating.

The only smegma I ever saw was when quite young... when I first discovered I could skin it back.
Ahhh..you would be wrong with that assessment. A penis with extra foreskin wrapped around it will trap urine and other bacterias and definetly be more susceptable to smell more.

Old 06-12-2004, 07:35 PM   #6
(male)

bozo69 HB User

Well I cant tell if mine smells or not I just don't want it to and that stuff I dont believe is smegma its not white crusty its like slimy. I noticed it came more after I shaved down there would this have anything to do with it?

Old 06-13-2004, 06:49 AM   #7
(male)

lelu HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Magic
Ahhh..you would be wrong with that assessment. A penis with extra foreskin wrapped around it will trap urine and other bacterias and definetly be more susceptable to smell more.

Hmmm... No, I'm just quoting my personal experience. Like I said, there is no urine under the foreskin if it's retracted before urinating.
A smelly penis is an unclean penis... circumcised or uncircumcised.

Old 06-14-2004, 01:56 AM   #8
(male)

headtrip HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozo69
Well I cant tell if mine smells or not I just don't want it to and that stuff I dont believe is smegma its not white crusty its like slimy. I noticed it came more after I shaved down there would this have anything to do with it?
Thats smegma... make sure to pull it back when urinating, retract and wash it everyday while showering... if its still a problem, guess you'll have to wash more often.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:34 AM   #9
(female)

nams HB User

Just pull your foreskin behind and rinse your penis everytime after you pee. Its that simple! Wash it with soap every day when you take bath.

Closed Thread