It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2004, 03:19 PM   #1
(female)

HannahUK HB User
Noise during sex

I have only been with a couple of guys but the one thing that surprised me was that they didn't make any sound....during intercourse or oral. I'm the kinda gal that lets it all out, so I find it a bit odd that a guy can remain so quiet.

Is it normal? I don't really have any male friends to ask, but I know that most of my female friends make a lot of noise.

The one guy LOVED it but the other wasn't so keen. I know there is no "right" way to have sex .... If I was a guy, and as a woman, I think noise is sexy.

Furthermore, it is usually that I cannot help but let it all out because it feels so good. I don't understand how a person could remain quiet?!

Last edited by HannahUK; 06-30-2004 at 04:13 PM. Reason: survey parts removed

Old 06-30-2004, 04:31 PM   #2

USER-NAME HB User
Re: Noise during sex

ya, guys dont make much noise because... i dunno actually!! we just dont!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2004, 04:57 PM   #3
(female)

Januarygirl83 HB User

Hey there! My boyfriend doesn't make any noise either and I always do so don't worry about it. At first I was concerned because I'd always make noise and that let him know that he was doing the right thing... but then when I'd pleasure him he always was silent and I didn't know if that was because I was doing something wrong, though he'd orgasm. So, I asked him why he doesn't make any noise and he says that I do and he doesn't because we're different and that's just how he is but not to worry because it does feel good...there's other ways to tell if what you're doing feels good, so don't worry!

Old 06-30-2004, 05:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

You can also talk to your partner(or future partner) and let them know that you would like to hear some noise from him. I know I have had both silent partners and not so silent partners. So not all guys are quiet. My dh was quiet when we first got together and told him how sexy and what a turn on it was for me to hear any noises from him. At first it wasnt much groans and a few moans. He was just use to keeping quiet from his teen years of not wanting to get caught. Over the years it has gotten to be rather interesting listening to him. All it took was talking to him and letting him know that it was a turn on.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 06-30-2004, 08:54 PM   #5

super fluke HB User

i make luv-noise whenever i can, but i've heard about a ton of guys who don't make noise during sex, so i'd say it's normal.

only 1 of the 3 women i've been with in my 20 years was quiet in the bedroom... it kinda made me uncomfortable, heh... she just smiled most of the time, making other faces occasionally...

i STRONGLY prefer a vocal partner!

Old 07-01-2004, 02:39 AM   #6
(female)

HannahUK HB User

Hey january girl, I know what you mean! I know he's enjoying it because if he doesn't he usually says....but I would like some confirmation sometimes. I often wonder whether I should try to be quiet one evening to see how he likes it! because I know he wouldn't like it. I spoke to him about it ages ago, and he said he just likes to enjoy it or something. I dunno I wasn't really listening I may mention it again. but then I don't want him to make fake noises either.

As for the quiet men out there, i've gotta tell you that it's more pleasurable for the woman if you make the right noises, because then she knows she's doing it right, and thus she can enjoy it without worrying whether she's hitting the right spot. try it out!

Old 07-01-2004, 05:39 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

vintagegirl HB User

This is an interesting thread. LOL, try having phone sex with a man who does'nt make ANY noise whatsoever. I did'nt know what was going on the other end or if what I was saying was working. When he was ready, his breathing changed and he just said in a monotone voice, "I'm c**ing". Thanks for sharing. That was quite possibly the worst sex I EVER had.

I think men and women learned to be "quiet" as teenagers...masturbating or having sex in the house with parents nearby. I have noticed that I am more vocal when masturbating alone than when I am having sex with someone else. I know this because I've had several bf's ask me--"did you c***?" and I thought it was pretty obvious that I had, but apparently not. I've only known one man who made any noise and it was a huge turn on for me. I once knew a fake moaner and that was... ugh, that was the phone sex guy as well.

Old 07-01-2004, 06:30 AM   #8
(female)

HannahUK HB User

vintagegirl, it's difficult isn't it? because it isn't that I don't enjoy the sex, I do, I just think that it would be so much more enjoyable for me if I could hear sounds of approval. I spend the whole time wondering if i'm doing anything right. And not to go into too much detail but when we do it doggy style...sometimes I just wish i had a book, or a telly in front of the bed or something - to keep me entertained. I have asked to get a mirror because at least if I could see his relfection I would know that he's enjoying it.

However there's nothing worse than fake noises, because they arent genuine. I just need to keep looking for a noisy man!

Old 07-01-2004, 08:18 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

desertdweller HB User

Why not try talking to him during sex? Ask him a sexy question so he has to answer.My BF does this and it always leads to us making noise.

Old 07-01-2004, 09:11 AM   #10
(female)

HannahUK HB User

Yeah I tried that
"does that feel good?"
"yeah"
It's always short answers, never anything interesting, it bugs me!

Old 07-01-2004, 09:50 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahUK
Yeah I tried that
"does that feel good?"
"yeah"
It's always short answers, never anything interesting, it bugs me!
It's a bad habit from trying not to get caught. Later, it becomes very difficult to change that habit. Trying to remember to be more vocal is hard work and takes away from the pleasure some. It isn't easy reversing it.

Old 07-01-2004, 12:40 PM   #12
(female)

HannahUK HB User

I find this interesting. As a young girl, I could hardly let it all out because my parents were in the next room. This is the same for most teens in a family household. Yet, women grow up to make noise (or they are statistically more likely to) and yet men seem to remain silent. So how come most women can get over it and most men can't?
Masturbation is more of a touchy subject with women as well, so you'd think women would have more problems with the whole sex noise thing.

Old 07-01-2004, 06:29 PM   #13
(female)

Januarygirl83 HB User

Well it's not even just with sexual intercourse, but with oral sex as well when I brought this up to my boyfriend at first. We both live with our parents still but we mostly "do stuff" while at his house. Even with his family home, I'd still make noise simply because I can't help it. We laugh sometimes about it and I say "hey i can't help it!". We both think it's funny. Usually if I think I'm getting too loud, I'll put my hand over my mouth which helps a lot. But since he said he just doesn't make noise, but still enjoys it, that is good enough for me and I haven't questioned him since...I can tell if he's enjoying whatever is going on in other ways like he'll squeeze my arm or whatever...and I'll know.

Closed Thread