It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2004, 09:52 PM   #1

ahg HB User
Little bumps on head of penis.

I have little flesh colored bumps on the head of my penis, they do not itch, do not turn red or become irritated. They are fairly minor, but i went to the doctor and he said it doesnt look like an std...He said it looked like a male yeast infection. Probably from a female. He prescribed something but they are still there. I have no symptoms of a std such as burning or anything like that. Anyone have anything similar or heard of such a thing? Thanks.

Old 07-09-2004, 04:36 AM   #2

Band|t HB User
Re: Little bumps on head of penis.

Ive got that, dont know what it is... but doesnt bother me really. Mine are located on the edge of the head of my penis in that little dip.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2004, 09:45 AM   #3

vietnam HB User

mine too theyve always been there.

Old 07-18-2004, 07:40 PM   #4

madvikes HB User

I got'em too. First noticed them after I started having sex but they were probably there before and I just didn't pay attention. Pretty common I believe.

Old 07-18-2004, 08:11 PM   #5

kovena HB User
Lightbulb Re: Little bumps on head of penis.

Congrats....You all got Vaginal Warts on your Penis's.! They are not serious except that you will spread them to anyone you have sex with. It is caused by a virus related to the one that makes moles grow. It is transmitted by sexual intercourse. I am really wondering why your MD did not know what they were? I got them from a my ex-partner(they had nothing to do with him being ex!). He told me he had them and I have heard of them and knew they were nothing serious. They do not itch, or burn, or even turn red they don't spread to a large areas. They are just there! I am not sure whether they can be transmitted to the throat, but if I were you I would wear protection for your partners sake to protect them from getting them in their throat and possibly vocal chords. I would be candor about them to my partner. If you have been with this one partner for a long time and then they showed up, you probably got them from that person. Good Luck! Be Happy...it could be worse!

"Above All Do No Harm" Love and Healing Light to All....kovena

Old 07-18-2004, 11:12 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Exclamation possible genital warts?

kovena, I don't think they have vaginal warts on their penises. You probably mean genital warts. And while genital warts are very common, I think it's very important that you not downplay the potential seriousness of this particular STD, despite how common it is. There are different types of HPV and left untreated, some can lead to cervical cancer in women. This IS a serious and often fatal cancer. By 'congratulating' these fellows and making it sound like nothing, you aren't encouraging them to find out if this is in fact what they have so they can have it treated - if not for themselves, for every person they sleep with in the future, because they are VERY contagious.

All that said, I am not doctor and am not about to 'diagnose' your symptoms. Genital warts can be small, flat, flesh-colored bumps or tiny, cauliflower-like bumps and are usually seen on the tip of the penis. They can also be found on the shaft of the penis, on the scrotum, or around the anus.

Read up on genital warts (HPV) and then ask your doctor for a proper diagnosis. They CAN be treated.

Old 07-19-2004, 12:01 AM   #7

kovena HB User
Red face Re: possible genital warts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisby
kovena, I don't think they have vaginal warts on their penises. You probably mean genital warts. And while genital warts are very common, I think it's very important that you not downplay the potential seriousness of this particular STD, despite how common it is. There are different types of HPV and left untreated, some can lead to cervical cancer in women. This IS a serious and often fatal cancer. By 'congratulating' these fellows and making it sound like nothing, you aren't encouraging them to find out if this is in fact what they have so they can have it treated - if not for themselves, for every person they sleep with in the future, because they are VERY contagious.

All that said, I am not doctor and am not about to 'diagnose' your symptoms. Genital warts can be small, flat, flesh-colored bumps or tiny, cauliflower-like bumps and are usually seen on the tip of the penis. They can also be found on the shaft of the penis, on the scrotum, or around the anus.

OHMY! I did not know that they were serious! And I did not know that they were not vaginal warts that are benign. So I was lied to to be gotten in bed eh>?OHMAN! I am so sorry if by saying what I did was dangerous. I will read up on that right away. Now I am scared to death. I know exactly who it was who took me to bed too. It was my Psyche Professor in College and I had such a crush on him I would (obviously) do anything for him. I thought we had a relationship until he got me in bed and then dumped me. So he had Genital warts not benign Vaginal warts eh? I have never had any problem from it(I just figured I had it because he said I would get it because it is contagious, but also told me it was not a health issue and normal for women to have them) and my Fiance has never gotten it (we have been together for 13 years) So maybe I don't even have them since there is no symptoms and my Gyn would have seen if there was something wrong....would'nt he have? But I will be sure to mention this to my Gyn ASAP and find out what he says...I will let you know and again I am so so so sorry for being so wrong. OHMY I should have known not to stick my neck into places I do not belong, a Mans sexual site. I thought I was helping...Sheesh...I only hope that they see what you have written. Did you write to them personally and tell them not to mess around with it> How come so many of them have it? I have already had cancer of the cervix and uterus in the 70s and had total hysterectomy. So I cannot get cancer there Thankfully. How come my Fiance did not get them if they are so contagious if it is Genital warts.? This is making me sick to my stomach.....
kovena

Read up on genital warts (HPV) and then ask your doctor for a proper diagnosis. They CAN be treated.

Last edited by kovena; 07-19-2004 at 12:09 AM.

Old 07-19-2004, 12:23 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
kovena, i didn't mean to scare you so badly. It's quite possible you didn't end up catching them from that awful teacher. He was a total liar (or a total idiot, that's always possible) about them not being a health issue for women.

As I said, there are different types, and some are benign. In either case, they can usually be removed, so I highly doubt your teacher was diagnosed, knew exactly what kind he had, and then chose to not have them removed...

If it happened back in the '80s, as you said, surely your dr would have noticed them by now... next time you're in, specifically ask that you be tested for HPV. Also, it is possible to carry the virus but not exhibit any warts, so your bf could have them, but if neither of you have ever exhibited any symptoms I think you can relax a bit...
_______

Another comment for the guys who've already posted, have you looked into Pearly Penile Papules (PPP)?

Old 07-19-2004, 09:43 AM   #9
Inactive

Jay2683 HB User

I'm pretty sure they're not PPP however I am certain they are nothing. The individual who claims they are vaginal warts is kinda a beanbag. I've had the for years, before I ever had sex, long before. There is nothing wrong with you.

Old 07-25-2004, 12:03 AM   #10
(male)

july555 HB User

It is really unlikely that they are warts. Warts are caused by HPV virus and are much more likely to show up on the shaft of the penis, not the head. I had mine checked out by 2 docs., both said they were just pearly papules, like the kind that occur on the underside of the penis. Now that was just my experience. I hope that helps and i hope you didnt get HPV., if you did, its not taht bad of a disease, just consult w/ a doc. about them.

Closed Thread