It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2004, 10:20 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

joebloggs2 HB Userjoebloggs2 HB User
Any risks if I STOP masterbating?

I am trying to stop, I've been going for about 4 days now... I want to stop because I feel my self control is weak. Anyway - now that I stopped I always seem to be erect, it just keeps going up and down, is it safe if it's erect a lot of the time? I can just leave it till it subsides? also what if I am close to an ejaculation and I just suddently stop, I am not causing any damage down there, am I?

Thanks!

Old 07-23-2004, 05:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Re: Any risks if I STOP masterbating?

Hey bud, I remember trying to stop because I felt "out of control" too....that was a long time ago and while I was able to stop doing it daily (or a few times a day sometimes) I wasn't able to stop completely. I don't think you should try to stop all together, masturbation is a healthy and safe form of sexual release and you really need that. If you want to get better control of it, try setting some realistic goals and then keep to them.

You will notice that erections are more common and it won't take much to "get you going" the challenge will be yours to think of other things, ignore them as much as possible and try to maintain some sense of control. The only thing you will deal with if you masturbate and stop before ejaculation is "blue balls" and they can ache pretty good. But you won't do any harm to the equipment by doing that. Good luck but be realistic with yourself and your goals, and while I don't know what your habit was or why you felt so out of control, many of us have a 1 time/day habit and I don't think that is so bad now!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2004, 10:54 AM   #3

saam HB User
Wink Re: Any risks if I STOP masterbating?

I Assume You're A Young Healthy Man Who Still Contributes To Society Even Though You Masturbate Frequently. Do Not Put Yourself On A Guilt Trip. Masturbating Is A Safe,normal Release! Take Advantage Now Of Your Great Drive And Abilities As They May Fade As You Age. Blue Balls Is A Real Thing That Occurs If You're Almost Ready To Ejaculate Then Stop-quite Difficult And Painful. I Have Read That It's Unhealthy If Orgasm Is Reached And The Penis Is Squeezed So Hard As To Close The Urethra And Prevent Semen Expulsion. There Is Great Force That Has To Go Somewhere. I Read The Semen Can Then Back Up Into Urinary Bladder. Not Sure About Plumbing Damage That Results, But This Cannot Be Healthy For The Male System. Bottom Line-all Guys Masturbate,some Often,some Rarely. And The Frequency I Believe Changes Depending On Life's Circumstances. The Only Problem I See Is Masturbating 4 Times A Day And Ignoring A Partner's Needs...supplementing Yours With Masturbation Is Safer Than Any Other Way I Can Think Of!! Enjoy Yourself...

Old 07-24-2004, 09:59 PM   #4
Veteran

positive4u HB User

Joe..
Erections are actually healthy for the circulation in the penis. Religion aften conflicts with masturbation but masturbation is a normal, healthy activity. The male is made to reproduce and the drive is usually always there in a normal healthy male. Do not feel guilty. Frequency often diminishes as we get older, so enjoy it while you can.
Positive4U

Old 07-25-2004, 01:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

I stopped for 2 months once...one of the dumbest things I ever did. Made for lots of wet dreams, but didn't really help anything else.

Old 08-01-2004, 09:33 PM   #6

Mr.Brooklyn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebloggs2
I am trying to stop, I've been going for about 4 days now... I want to stop because I feel my self control is weak. Anyway - now that I stopped I always seem to be erect, it just keeps going up and down, is it safe if it's erect a lot of the time? I can just leave it till it subsides? also what if I am close to an ejaculation and I just suddently stop, I am not causing any damage down there, am I?

Thanks!

wow, isnt it wierd that u think your the only one?, i am goin through this same exact phase right now, i stoped jerkin off for about 1month, and from time to time i would masterbate and suddenly stop right before climax, and i notice that since i havent been masterbating, ive been getting hard for the most simple things. anyway, i had a wet-dream last night that was the culmination of 1months worth of no type of sexual contact...........i woke up thinking that i ****** myself because of the amount of seman that came out of me (the amount that came out was actually scary, i thought i broke something, lol). make a long story short, your not the only one goin through this man.

Old 08-02-2004, 01:09 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

wood650 HB User

If you masturbate and then stop just before ejaculating, you are causing a buildup of prostate fluid in the prostate, which did not get released. You can cause a prostate irritation or infection this way. You do not want prostatitis, believe me. The prostate needs to be cleaned out regularly for prostate health so stopping to masturbate is not a good idea for your prostate health. Prostatitis sometimes occurs when you have been having a regular release of semen and then stop or slow down the semen release activity. Any urologist will tell you to clean out the prostate on a regular basis. AT least 3 times a week is a good average.

Old 08-03-2004, 07:43 AM   #8

MikeyB HB User

What the hell do abstinent priests do?!

Old 08-04-2004, 06:57 PM   #9

seekingnormal05 HB User

Older woman posting thoughts here.

Later you will realize it was one of the fun, free things you got in life with
no danger attached. Don't worry about doing it too much for you as long as you are other wise a safe, sane member of society. So relax and let rip.

Old 08-05-2004, 06:37 AM   #10

devma5 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyB
What the hell do abstinent priests do?!
Man I dont even know if preists manage it or they just pretend they do

Old 08-08-2004, 06:30 PM   #11

B.C.F.C 4 EVA HB User

i heard too much masterbation makes you lazy and tired all the time, is this true?

Old 08-17-2004, 01:23 PM   #12

webcam HB User

Hello, i'm new member here. I've been masturbating since i was 16yrs and now i'm 21,i'm trying avoid it, beacuse i keep getting wetdream, anyone out there can help me out or is it impossible to aviod it.

Old 08-18-2004, 07:32 PM   #13

incapacitated HB User

I'd give you the same advice I've given my own two adolescent sons--relax and enjoy it. Masturbation is one of the great gifts to young folks (and even, now and then, to middle-aged or older dudes like me). Being "out of control" is one of those meaningless abstractions that we sometimes abuse ourselves with, and make ourselves feel guilty about. If you're young, you're going to have erections at all sorts of convenient and inconvenient times, and sometimes you're going to want to put them to the use that God or nature made them for--to be taken, by any means necessary, to orgasm.
Why quit? I must admit I did go twelve days back in my teens without touching my penis except to pee or towel off after a shower. My dumb reason then was that I missed wet dreams and wanted to see if I could make one happen, for old times sake. On the morning of day thirteen, I woke up with a hard-on and wrapped my hand around it. I'll just hold it, I told myself. It started throbbing. Well, I'll just caress it a little, I told myself. I did, and had an explosively wet orgasm. The game was over, so I masturbated again in the shower that morning, and in bed that night. And guess what--that night I still had a very wet wet dream. It was great, but it wasn't really worth losing those twelve days of pleasure.
I've told my boys--now 15 and 13--that at their age, their penises are competing with their minds to be in charge of their lives and should be treated like you would treat a dumb boss: humor them. If you're overdoing it, you'll know--you'll rub yourself raw, or your penis will refuse to cooperate, or both. I had a lot of "out-of-control" guilt in my teens, because nobody--not my dad, not my sex-ed class, not anybody--told me otherwise. But I just did it, and that's the advice I've given my kids: just do it.

Old 10-05-2004, 12:15 PM   #14
(male)

lordduzi HB User

There is no harm in masturbating, and no harm in not masturbating. Just remember as in most things a little moderation never hurts.

Old 10-06-2004, 05:57 AM   #15
Senior Veteran

wood650 HB User

You can cause prostate irritations or infections by stopping cleansing out the prostate. Most prostate problems occur after having regular sex and then stopping for some reason. The prostate is used to being cleansed out at a certain rate, and then if you stop it fills up with fluid to excess and gets clogged. Regular masturbation not only relieves the sex drive but also keeps the prostate healthy.

Closed Thread