It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2004, 05:01 PM   #1

RebelRocker HB User
What can I do to prevent a prostate infection? PLEASE READ!

I have been doing some research and think that my recent lass of sexual drive and ED-like symptoms maybe be attributed to a minor prostate infection.

Can I do anything to stop it before it gets bad? I mean I had a "morning wood" today so the ED is lessening, but I also have occassional burning urination. This is a symptom of prostate infections.

So I'm posing this simple question, are there any dietary or life style changes that I can make to improve my prostate health?

Old 09-18-2004, 08:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

wood650 HB User
Re: What can I do to prevent a prostate infection? PLEASE READ!

You may need a medication like Cipro to stop the infection. I have had many prostate infections. They can cause problems with an erection as well as problems ejaculating. I have found that the feeling in the penis has to be greater than the burning and pain in the prostate for an ejaculation to occur in intercourse. If the pain and burning is greater than the feeling in the penis you will not ejaculate and you will most likely lose your erection. Get some medication and hopefully get rid of the prostatitis. It can be very difficult to get rid of.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2004, 08:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

wood650 HB User

I forgot about the dietary changes. You should drink nothing carbonated or with caffine. They will irritate the prostate. Some material even specifies no chocolate. The other important thing is that you should keep the prostate cleaned out, either through intercourse or masturbation. Ejaculating too often will irritate and make prostatitis worse, but not ejaculating enough will also make it worse. You will have to determine the correct rate for you. Every other day is right for me. Good luck.

Old 09-18-2004, 09:17 PM   #4

RebelRocker HB User

I dont have pain or burning IN my prostate.
I was speculating on it being a prostate infection purely on the grounds that I have occassional burning urination and have erection difficulties; 2 symptoms that exist with prostatitis.

Thanks tho. I wont drink anything carbonated or caffenated.

Old 09-19-2004, 05:04 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

You should not be diagnosing yourself. If you are concerned you have a prostate infection, then see a doctor about it. Wishing an infection to go away won't help. Real prostate infections can be a dickens to get rid of, so you would want to start treating it with antibiotics sooner rather than later.

Saw Palmetto and zinc are good daily supplements for prostate health. As was said, periodic ejaculations can also help. In general, a good healthy diet and exercise can't be beat for overall good health.

Closed Thread