It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2004, 05:36 PM   #1
(male)

18AndDumb HB User
Pain a week later?

Hey, first time posting. I'm just kinda worried about something and figured this might be a good place to ask. About a week ago (22nd of Oct.) I was playing an impromptu game of football with some friends. Everything was cool until my friend threw a long bomb behind me. I turned around to recalim the ball and its bounce put it squarely in my nuts. Hurt like anything. I went down, obviously, and sat out for about 20 minutes or so, then played again, thinking very little of it.

Since then my left testicle (which absorbed most of the impact) has been mildly swollen. Also, I've had pains in my inner thigh and in my abdomen in the area to the left of my penis. I've also experienced a mild change in my digestive patterns, and mild nausea from time to time(such as if I sit down wrong and apply pressure to a painful area) Additionally, my left testicle has been hypersensitive, and seems to hang somewhat lower than usual.

I went to see my doctor today, and he said that my Lymph Glands at the base of my left thigh were swollen and that it might be Lymphinitis, and prescribed 10 days' worth of antibiotics to be sure that any infection was taken care of. He said that I shouldn't worry about any damage to my testicle unless there was blood in my semen, I checked and everything seems in order. But I really haven't played sports much, haven't had a significant history being hit in the balls, and don't know if this is normal or if I should seek a second opinion.

Any input is appreciated, I'm beginning to get somewhat worried about viability and such, but the doc said it was probably just a bruise. Can anyone confirm this sort of abdominal pain or is this abnormal?

Thanks for your input

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2004, 06:04 PM   #2
(male)

18AndDumb HB User
Re: Pain a week later?

Previously I forgot to mention one other detail which concerns me. During arousal my testicle seems even more sensitive than normal, almost achy, and very uncomfortable. This concerns me also, but may just be a result of increased blood flow in that area where it is already sensitive. Thanks for your input!

Last edited by 18AndDumb; 10-30-2004 at 07:07 PM.

Old 10-30-2004, 07:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrOwl HB User

What kind of protective gear were you wearing down there?

Yes, trauma down there can cause some problems. Most of them temporary. If it gets worse then you might need to see a urologist.

Athletic injuries can occur in informal games almost as easily as in orgranized sports. I saw a teenager lose both upper front teeth in a fun pickup game of flag football.

Last edited by MrOwl; 10-30-2004 at 07:23 PM.

Old 10-30-2004, 07:17 PM   #4
(male)

18AndDumb HB User

No. I wasn't anticipating the game and normally it's unnessecary. I had jeans and briefs, essentially no protection. Perhaps the breifs prevented them from "dodging" the impact or something. Dunno. Thanks for replying

Last edited by 18AndDumb; 10-30-2004 at 07:20 PM.

Old 10-30-2004, 07:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrOwl HB User

Well, the briefs might have helped a little. They are better then boxers would have been.

We really need to be more careful in informal games then in formal sports. In formal sports we are required to wear adiquate protection.

In your case a protective hard cup would have saved you the pain both then and now. The new ones with soft sides are really fairly comfortable. I use them for fencing and can forget I have one in.

By the way you are NOT dumb. You just like to have fun.

Last edited by MrOwl; 10-30-2004 at 07:34 PM.

Old 10-31-2004, 01:45 AM   #6
(male)

18AndDumb HB User

Hehe, the reference in my name was more intended to mean ignorant than stupid. 18, virgin, etc. Cool to know that this isn't abnormal, I've been hit before, but never this hard and never had any symptoms persisting beyond a day or two perhaps. A week seemed extreme, but then again it's sensitive as anything down there anyways, so I guess a bruise would in fact cause all the soreness and such. Thanks again for posting

Old 10-31-2004, 06:01 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrOwl HB User

Being a virgin is not stupid. I think it is wise. Your virginity is a precious gift that you can give only once in a lifetime. Save it for someone, you plan to spend a lifetime loving.

Closed Thread