It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2004, 11:44 AM   #1
(male)

cblizzle HB User
Libido Issues...25 years old, no errections

I dont know whats going on. Usually, I am very horny, but the past few months, I havent been as horny, and my errections have been kinda soft. Sex with my 20 year old girlfriend is terrible, and I just dont know what is going on with my body. Does anyone out there know the age brackets for men and loss of libido? I dont even wake up with erections any more! I was taking Propecia for a while, but I stopped about a week ago. Please tell me Im not becoming an old man. My balls hang really low, and I dont get erections at all during the day, and only rarely, and at weird times, at night. Please help!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-02-2004 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Please note edites to your post. Use proper terminology. Also, please post your sex-related questions on the appropriate Sexual Health board.

Old 11-27-2004, 03:47 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

zak HB User
Propecia is bad news. It causes impotence in some users.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-02-2004 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Do not refer to other chat or message boards. Please read the Posting Rules.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2004, 04:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

wood650 HB User
Re: Libido Issues...25 years old, no errections

Definitely stop taking the Propecia. From what I have read it counteracts testosterone and you don't want that. Good luck.

Old 12-02-2004, 02:34 AM   #4

STRONGNOW HB User

Yup...low test levels IMO from the Propecia.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:22 PM   #5
(male)

tony_tony HB User
Thumbs down Re: Libido Issues...25 years old, no errections

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblizzle
I dont know whats going on. Usually, I am very horny, but the past few months, I havent been as horny, and my errections have been kinda soft. Sex with my 20 year old girlfriend is terrible, and I just dont know what is going on with my body. Does anyone out there know the age brackets for men and loss of libido? I dont even wake up with erections any more! I was taking Propecia for a while, but I stopped about a week ago. Please tell me Im not becoming an old man. My balls hang really low, and I dont get erections at all during the day, and only rarely, and at weird times, at night. Please help!

propecia causes impotence. Stop taking that NOW!!!

Old 10-06-2005, 09:37 PM   #6
(male)

iller9 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRONGNOW
Yup...low test levels IMO from the Propecia.
You don't get low test levels from propecia but I think it does cause impotence.

Is it reversible?

Old 10-07-2005, 03:19 AM   #7
(male)

the_guyver HB User

Im 22 and i feel the same way, must be the time of year!

Old 10-07-2005, 02:04 PM   #8
(female)

sukkybaba HB User

Knock propecia on the head.thats not a joke.please do it now.
hope all goes well.

Old 10-07-2005, 02:14 PM   #9
(female)

sukkybaba HB User
Unhappy Re: Libido Issues...25 years old, no errections

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_guyver
Im 22 and i feel the same way, must be the time of year!
Are you taking propecia also?

Old 10-08-2005, 07:28 PM   #10
(male)

Chriznat25 HB User

Im 25 and I have the opposite problem. But thats not the problem here. Taking zinc in regular dosage amounts can/will increase sex drive. Granted, propecia will counteract testosterone, which creates DHT in the scalp and causes hair loss, and will shrink your testicles sometimes which create testosterone. Less testosterone from the good ol' testes= low sex drive, problems getting it up, etc.

So if you are off the propecia now, switch to rogaine which generally doesnt affect sex drive, and take a multi-vitamin with some zinc or maybe just a few zinc lozenges (you know, the vitamin c drops with zinc). Good Luck.

Old 10-09-2005, 04:07 AM   #11
(male)

myoptic33 HB User

I dont take propecia or anything and I am like that. I have no libido and rarely get errections. But I am happy with that. I feel not getting horny and not having your mind occupied with dirty thoughts frees space for other thoughts. Also I dont have to worry about STDs or pregency or any urges. I feel it makes my life easier. im 23 by the way

Closed Thread