It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2004, 02:35 PM   #1
(male)

Makaveli01 HB User
Very stressed...feeling helpless about discharge

Hi Guys,

First off, thanks for reading this.

Ever since I have noticed this clear discharge after a bowel movement or at the end of a urinary stream, I have become very depressed about it. At first I was scared it was an infection. Then when STDs can back negative, I thought it was NGU. I took 2 weeks of Doxycycline (sp?). Then later, a week of Cipro-7days. Then I saw a Urologist that gave me Macrobid for 2 weeks too. The only sexual encounter I can think back to is getting Oral Sex by someone, but that was 3 months before this symptom. I have done about 10 urine cultures, 3-4 semen cultures, 2 swab tests, 3 PCR tests for clamydia , Gonorehea (sp?). Nothing really shows up except Alpha-strep in low numbers which Urologists always say is just a skin contaminant. I have also done a TRUS and have a normal size prostate 20g , PSA-0.33, blood tests are normal. Prostate supposedly feels fine.

On one hand, I know that if I had an infection or inflammation of the prostate or urethra, I would have pain.

One Urologist said its normal and I just produce a lot of prostatic fluid and challenged me to look around and Ill see others have a similar symptom. And I did, thats when I stumbled across this site and a few others. It seems like many of you have this symptom.

But what does that really mean? Is it a normal condition? Is it prostatitis?

Wood650 (sp?) - I ve seen posts by you stating that you have this symptom and that you have had bouts of prostatitis. Did you notice this symptom before or after prostatitis?

Lance2- Ive seen you post about this too, you ever have prostatitis?

Thanks in Advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2004, 05:17 PM   #2
(male)

Makaveli01 HB User
Re: Very stressed...feeling helpless about discharge

btw, im 24 yrs old

Old 11-29-2004, 01:51 PM   #3
(male)

Makaveli01 HB User
Unhappy Re: Very stressed...feeling helpless about discharge

no comments or replies

Old 11-29-2004, 02:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

wood650 HB User

I don't think I have noticed such a discharge specifically associated with prostatitis. In the past when I was younger I would have strings of prostate fluid hand out of my penis after a bowel movement and even have some on urination. If you are young you are probably just making a lot of prostate fluid, and it is coming out on occasion on its own besides when it is ejaculated. Unless you have pain and burning in the prostate on urination or ejaculation, I would not worry about it. I think your urologist is right; you just make a lot of prostate fluid. Good luck.

Old 11-29-2004, 02:54 PM   #5
(male)

Makaveli01 HB User

wood650,

hey, thanks for your response.

i have to get over this somehow. its killing me mentally.

God Bless

Old 11-29-2004, 03:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

wood650 HB User

I guess I just don't understand why you are so upset about a prostate fluid discharge from your penis. I just took it to mean when it happened to me that there was a lot of fluid there and it just came out. No big deal. If you don't have prostatitis and no STD then there is nothing to be concerned about. It is just excess fluid. Just be glad that you are making a lot of fluid.

Old 11-29-2004, 04:24 PM   #7
(male)

Makaveli01 HB User

I guess its the whole process that had me distressed.

At first I ran into this website with very old information on it. And there were posts there by some doctor in the philipinnes (sp?). This doctor questioned the methodology on which STDs and other bacterias are cultured. He said that all discharges are because of bacteria. That website took me for a downward spiral. I saw several Urologist. And none of which said I had a problem, however for some reason I just felt they were missing something always. It was when I met my last Urologist who said he meets a lot of guys who have this and its common, he told me to ask 100 ppl and I'd see for myself that a lot of ppl have this. Well I was too embarassed to ask my friends so I did a search on the internet, and this site was one which popped up. I see that many ppl have experienced it here, which makes me feel better, in seeing that its a normal thing.

But I just went through a lot to get to where I am now... almost 1 yr, i thought something was wrong with me, even though docs would tell me other wise.

I went through about :

10 urinalysis/urine cultures
2-3 urine cytology
3-4 Semen analysis/cultures
2 Swab Tests
Blood And Urine test for STDs
Trans Rectal UltraSound 20g
PSA =0.33
2 antibiotics.

I did everything. I wish I did not go through this. But hopefully my knowledge of this can help the next person

In fact I was on a wild goose chase thinking I had some hidden bacteria that couldnt be cultured. How bad does that sound. Todays research, by world expert Urologists, points out that there is more bacteria in asymptotic men than there is in prostatitis patients!

I even saw one of those experts on prostate or prostatitis and he said that prostatitis is assosiated with PAIN.

Sorry for venting. Thanks again for your reply.

Old 11-29-2004, 06:13 PM   #8

nkok_nito HB User

i just left u a post in the mens health mak k.i.t good luck .... from what you and wood discussed mine is different ( i would always test positve for n.g.u ) i always get a clear discharge after i urinate or a bowel movement .. then it would go away ...

Old 11-29-2004, 10:58 PM   #9
(male)

Makaveli01 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkok_nito
i just left u a post in the mens health mak k.i.t good luck .... from what you and wood discussed mine is different ( i would always test positve for n.g.u ) i always get a clear discharge after i urinate or a bowel movement .. then it would go away ...
What really is NGU? Ask specifically what organism. If you look it up on the internet it is usually caused by Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma, Chlamydia T. But you have been on all sort of antibiotics.

I dont know what all your symptoms are but you said ..."i always get a clear discharge after i urinate or a bowel movement .. then it would go away "

that sounds like the same as me, and Wood650 and many others on this board, if you do a search, and many others on the internet. I did some research and I can post about 15 links with over 100 ppl having this symptom.

So is this your only symptom or do you have others? Did doc do a DRE, if so did it hurt?

Did you get that Chlyamdia PCR test done?

Old 11-30-2004, 06:49 PM   #10

nkok_nito HB User

a mak what is a pcr test i remeber us talking about it but i forgot to ask my doc can he perform that ( sorry about that good bud

Old 11-30-2004, 11:49 PM   #11
(male)

Makaveli01 HB User

lets just talk in that other thread, i answered you there.

Closed Thread