It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2004, 03:11 PM   #1
Veteran

turbonamja HB User
Circumcision

Anyone had this done at an late age? I wanted to get it done but was not sure of the side effects, if any, or the pro's and con's of getting the procedure done. Do they put you under while performing the operation or how is it performed nowadays? In addition, how long does it take for the operation to heal up.

The reason why I am debating on getting this operation done is that sometimes when I am active with my gf, my foreskin will not pull back far enough and it irritates the tip of my penis and sometimes makes it red in that area. I am frustrated at that and also I believe I have way too much skin ... not an excessive amount but I want to see if I should get the procedure done or not.

Finally, how much would an operation like that run and would it be covered under insurance? Its embarassing for me to talk about it but I just need some information regarding this and if someone lives in Texas, please recommend a place. Thanks in advance!

Old 11-29-2004, 08:27 PM   #2
Inactive

merlin4k HB User
Re: Circumcision

I am circumcised and not considering it but, I just wanted to let you know that it will be painful for the next 2 weeks after. It would not be recommended to have any sexual relations for 6 weeks. So I have read from various web sites. Pray that you do not have any morning wood as the stitches could tear.

Make sure to talk with regular Dr. for a recommendation. Then ask that Dr. how many circumcisions he has done on adult males. Would he need to remove the foreskin completely or remove only the exess skin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2004, 09:32 PM   #3
(male)

JWilson43 HB User

I don't mean to scare you but I think I should be honest here. I have seen this procedure done in a number of surgical videos (on adult males as well as infants) and also have a freind who told me about a friend of his who had it done. To be blunt, it's like skinning a deer only they skin the penis and it is NOT at all pretty so if you do it, just make sure to get plenty of pain meds and be prepared for a shock when you look down at your "thing" there (or what's left of it) because it will be bloody and raw with a lot of pain, burning and itching

Old 11-30-2004, 03:55 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

WillNC HB User

There is an alternative course. Know what you are doing before you do!!!!

Old 12-01-2004, 12:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

bulletinboard25 HB User

Hey, got it done at 15.. i didn't go under, was afraid of that... so i just got the local(shot).. that part hurt... didn't feel a thing, took little time... but afterwards, i looked down, and almost passed out, it was scary! haha i didn't get any pain meds at all afterwards believe it or not, i think just an anti-biotic..... it wasnt really painful at all afterwards, but i wasn't active sexually, i was only 15! but yeah, it was really easy for me.... just the initial "look down" made me nauseous, i hate blood, and it was swollen and stuff! you can have the choice to go under or just have the local done.. if you don't want to know whats going on, i would say go under! your choice though.. don't usually post here, but saw this and thought i'd put my input in

Old 12-01-2004, 07:06 PM   #6
Veteran

turbonamja HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletinboard25
Hey, got it done at 15.. i didn't go under, was afraid of that... so i just got the local(shot).. that part hurt... didn't feel a thing, took little time... but afterwards, i looked down, and almost passed out, it was scary! haha i didn't get any pain meds at all afterwards believe it or not, i think just an anti-biotic..... it wasnt really painful at all afterwards, but i wasn't active sexually, i was only 15! but yeah, it was really easy for me.... just the initial "look down" made me nauseous, i hate blood, and it was swollen and stuff! you can have the choice to go under or just have the local done.. if you don't want to know whats going on, i would say go under! your choice though.. don't usually post here, but saw this and thought i'd put my input in
how long, if you remember, did it take you to heal up? i know you said you were not sexually active but did you get erect in that period? and if you did, did it hurt like hell when the sutures busted open? also, do you have any damaged nerves from the operation?

Old 12-01-2004, 10:41 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

bulletinboard25 HB User

how long, if you remember, did it take you to heal up? i know you said you were not sexually active but did you get erect in that period? and if you did, did it hurt like hell when the sutures busted open? also, do you have any damaged nerves from the operation?
12-01-2004 08:42 PM

from what i can remember, about a month to heal up to where its something you wouldnt' be embarrased of.. im sure i got erect in that period sometime.. my stiches didn't every open... they were the ones that dissolved so i didn't have to go and get em back out... i remember it itching super super bad where the stiches were, that was really it, i didn't have pain.. remember, i didn't even get pain meds, and i didn't even go under for it!

the only thing i can think of that sucks getting it done at a later age.. is you can kinda tell i had it done.. there is like slight scarring where the stiches were, really not that bad... but the only downfall of it.. im sure that ppl who get it done at birth do have scarring, but by the time they are old enough to realize what was done, its pretty much invisible..

I wouldn't worry so much about the pain, really it wasn't a big deal for me...

any other questions feel free to ask....

Closed Thread