It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2004, 01:12 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User
Husband says he doesn't masturbate

My husband says he doesn't masterbate nearly as much now that we are married. As a matter of fact he said since we moved in our new home (back in April) he hasn't masterbated even once! He is 32. He isn't a real sexual person, meaning I want sex more then he does. I'm 28. I just wondered....I feel bad even posting on here, but I thought I knew all guys and I thought they all masturbated alot. Am I wrong to think this way?

Old 12-06-2004, 04:08 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: Husband says he doesn't masturbate

well i do it once or twice a day..and, im 38 so maybe he's lieing, or maybe somthings wrong.. i don't know

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2004, 05:27 PM   #3
(female)

SallyQ HB User

Did he used to masturbate a lot more? Did you ask why he isn't doing it as much? Maybe you're just satisfying his every need and he doesn't need to do it as much! My boyfriend and I are bothy 28 and he masturbates typically once per day. But I don't think there's any magic number of times that defines what is normal. Some men do it a lot. Some never do it. It's all OK. Would you like for him to do it more?

Old 12-06-2004, 06:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

wood650 HB User

I went for years in my marriage and did not masturbate. I only masturbate now because my wife has gone through menopause and does not want sex as much as I do. If he is getting his sexual needs met by you there is no reason for him to masturbate. Also if he does not want sex as much as you do it is good he is not masturbating because that would cut down on the amount of sex he would want with you.

Old 12-07-2004, 12:59 AM   #5

fisherwoman HB User

My husband very rarely masturbates. The only time he has was a few times we hadn't had sex in weeks. He says that even when he was a teen-ager that he never did it daily. When we first started dating, I sent him home one night after some very heavy petting. Now 21 years later, I asked him if he masturbated when he got home that night and to my surprise he said no, that he figured he'd wait for the real thing when he came over the next day.(He was sure I'd give in by then) He tells me that he has never really been that obsessed with masturbating. He has always been very interested in sex though, no problem with sex drive.

Old 12-07-2004, 03:07 AM   #6
(male)

18AndDumb HB User

I do a lot, but then again I've gone weeks before without even realizing it until afterwards. For me it's not something I need to do, it's just something I do from time to time. If I were having sex with a girl I doubt I'd be nearly as interested to begin with. To each his own, I suppose.

Old 12-07-2004, 04:47 AM   #7

6foot2-190 HB User

It's certainly possible. It's also possible that might still be in the mood for a quick solo release now and then (sometimes we men prefer the quick no strings attached simplicity of a quick masturbation over the intimacy and partner pleasing aspects of real sex) but since he knows you want it more often than he does he might feel pressure not to tell you he still masturbates. He might think it would really bother you if you knew he occasionally "takes care of himself" when you aren't getting as much sex as you would want. Have you ever pressured him for more sex and his response is something to the effect of not being in the mood? If that's the case he would sound pretty hypocritical if he frequently tells you he isn't in the mood, but yet still masturbates.

Old 12-07-2004, 06:18 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User

I guess I could have worded my original post a little differenly or I should have given more information. He was never really all about "sex" all the time. Some men are like "I want it all the time" I'm sure some of you men reading this probably know what I mean, but my husband was never like that. He is good with 1 time a week.

He told me he really never masturbated that much before. He is not really hip on talking about it with me. He said that is a private thing and he gets embarrassed and he said no one has ever talked to him about it before.

I guess I really feel like I don't want him masturbating, cause he doesn't give me sex that often. So I would be mad if he did. But what can I really do...nothing.

Old 12-07-2004, 11:13 AM   #9

fisherwoman HB User

In your question, you were wondering if it were true that all men masturbate alot, and it was answered that No,they don't all masturbate alot, so if your husband says he doesn't, then he could easily be telling you the truth. How long have you been married? Sometimes these kind of conversations get more open and honest after a couple has been together for a long time,and their relationship is at a point where both feel they can totally be themselves without the other being mad or disappointed. My marriage is like that now, but it took 20 years. Even 2 years ago I wouldn't tell him if I had been masturbating and he probally wouldn't have told me. Maybe he does just have a low sex drive. When you were dating was he trying to get you into bed all the time? Or when you were first married? Sounds like he has always been this way. Have you tried doing sexy things to get him turned on more?

Old 12-07-2004, 11:56 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User
In your question, you were wondering if it were true that all men masturbate alot, and it was answered that No,they don't all masturbate alot, so if your husband says he doesn't, then he could easily be telling you the truth. How long have you been married? Sometimes these kind of conversations get more open and honest after a couple has been together for a long time,and their relationship is at a point where both feel they can totally be themselves without the other being mad or disappointed. My marriage is like that now, but it took 20 years. Even 2 years ago I wouldn't tell him if I had been masturbating and he probally wouldn't have told me. Maybe he does just have a low sex drive. When you were dating was he trying to get you into bed all the time? Or when you were first married? Sounds like he has always been this way. Have you tried doing sexy things to get him turned on more?

Yes he could easily be telling the truth. I've been married for about 4 months. We've been together for almost 4 years and lived together for 1 year. No he never was all about getting me into bed. He says he wasn't ever that way w/any of his girlfriends and claims that the cause of some of his break ups were because he was a non sexual guy. He is diabetic and that does affect one's sex drive also. Your're right he has always been this way. Thanks for responding. I just don't think that he NEVER does it, as he claims.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-07-2004 at 04:44 PM. Reason: formatting removed (difficult to read)

Old 12-07-2004, 08:04 PM   #11
Inactive

Gundam HB User

Every men like masterbating ... fair enough ... but too much masterbation would also lead to "not as good" sex with your partner. Like if I masterbate in the afternoon & have sex with my GF the same nite I would find it very hard to ejaculate, & it's bloody frustrating.

So your husband not masterbating might mean that he wanna make sure he does his best when having sex with his beloved wife.

You should be happy mam.

Old 12-09-2004, 05:06 AM   #12
Inactive

Letterhead HB User

Come on the real age of doing masturbation for me is from 15 to 25. After that the rate start falling and after thirty in most cases it would reach zero per month. Zero per year and Zero for the rest of the life. So, don't worry about the masturbation thing. Rather you should be happy that you are satisfying him enough that he does not need to do it. He seems to be a controlled man. Try to tell him that you need for sex. A lot of natural things can cause him to increase his sex drives. Things that create heat in the body like chocolate or even coffee etc. Try it. It would work.

Old 12-09-2004, 05:44 AM   #13
Inactive
(male)

ManiMe HB User

What a subject for my first posting.

I am fascinated by this discussion. I really don't know to what degree masturbation is kept "private" within a marriage. Personally (I'm a guy) there are SO few opportunities (much less with supportive materials) - that masturbation frequency almost HAS to plummet UNLESS some sort of arrangement is struck.

I cannot imagine saying, "Pardon me dear, but I'm going to be in the bedroom for a few minutes to take care of my own needs"...

All that SAFE SEX out there has us believing that mutual masturbation was in vogue a few years back (is that, or was it ever, the case)...

All I know is that MY wife wants me to suck up to her for the possible privilege of sexual interaction (NO sure things)... Demanding constant affectionate attention - dinner - wine - mood setters ~ yet STILL she has no problem cutting things off on a whim (even though my name isn't Bobbit)...

IF my wife even suspects that I've masturbated - she resents THAT !!! That's despite her near total lack of sexual interest !!!

OH WELL !!!

Last edited by ManiMe; 12-09-2004 at 08:27 AM.

Old 12-09-2004, 05:53 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User

Manime-

I don't even understand half of your post...sorry.

Old 12-09-2004, 08:19 AM   #15
Inactive
(male)

ManiMe HB User

OK ~ I edited to add commas - thereby creating a parenthetic clause inside the parentheses... Also made other "changes"...

The "Bobbit" reference was referring to the gentleman outside of Washington, D.C. whose wife cut his penis off and cast it out a window on the road... later to be surgically re-attached (might have been before your time)...

I hope that helps...

If not... OH WELL !!!

Last edited by ManiMe; 12-09-2004 at 08:24 AM.

Closed Thread