It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2004, 04:42 PM   #1
(male)

whatisthis42 HB User
I could be crazy but please help

Hello,

I have been having some symptoms which do not seem normal to any particular STD, yet I am still worried a bit about what might be happening.

About a week ago I noticed my pubic hair was getting long so I decided to trim it a bit, it was at this point where I noticed small bumps which seemed to be below the skin. The bumps were few (3 I believe) (maybe 2cm around)and were not grouped together. These bumps are almost on my waiste line, at about the point where my boxer shorts elastic band sits.

At the time there was no color to them. For some reason I decided to try to pop them. They did pop - and the secreted a thick puss like liquid. (I know this is gross but I am trying to describe it to the best I can).

Since I have done that I have been quite over villigent, touching these bumps throughout the day. It has been drivign me nuts. Today I poked at one with a needle and saw a little black mark and it turned out to be an ingrown hair that I was able to remove. However I was to see what looked like an ingrown hairs but not able remove it hair from the other two.

The marks are now a little red, more of a darker skin color then red though. They seemed to be centered around these ingrown hairs, but again I was only able to pull one ingrown hair out. The bumps, which are now more wounds then anything seem to be going away and are only painful (barely any at all even then) when I touch or mess around with them. I have been applying neosporin since this morning.

I have been with the same person for over a year and she is having no symptoms of an STD. I have never had an STD but I did have a herpes scare. I went to the doctor and he said I was again being over vigilint and that I was fine and that I did not have herpes.

My question(s), does this sound like herpes? I have heard the pain is quite pronounced with herpes and herpes normally includes blisters on the penis or scroutum of which I have none. These sores (for lack of a better term) do not itch either.

Is it common for men to have problems with their pubic hair such as this, I do walk a lot and wear layers of clothes as a result of the cold winter? Mine seems very thick and it some spots it seems like two hairs are comming from one follicle.

If I find ingrown hairs is it wise to remove them by myself with a needle or is it best to leave them alone?

Also, just because I am wondering, is it often for men to obsess over the possibility of having an STD even after all evidece points otherwise? Sometimes I think I am OCD.

P.S. This is not the first time this has happened to me, I have had this same exact problem before - and then it was attributed to an ingrown hair, but I did not have three at once.

Last edited by whatisthis42; 12-15-2004 at 04:46 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2004, 08:28 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Fizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB User
Re: I could be crazy but please help

You've diagnosed this yourself.

You have ingrown hairs.

I've had them. Most men have.

Usually if you just leave them alone, they'll eventually become encased by skin cells and can be removed easily. In other words, the body tries to eliminate them. But they'll tend to itch and bother you.

Sometimes these things can grow to rather astounding lengths internally, and usually coil like a watch spring.

Bill

Closed Thread