It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2004, 07:23 PM   #1

Chris Stevens HB User
Options for a Man

Without going into TMI mode, just curious what guys have gone thru, if anything, like me.

I'm 30, 6'5" 300lbs, *but* down from 400lbs. In another thread, I was relating the idea that the current g/f and I getting to that point where we like to experience *everything* between us. But the past two times we've initiated it, I've gotten soft at the wrong times.

I want to be with this woman and I'm contemplating talking to my doctor to see if there's something wrong, internally. It got me to thinking, is there something that a guy like me, physically, can do to improve my performance?

-Could losing 10,20 or 30 lbs be a big thing? Get rid of my flab which is probably a detriment to me right now?
-Could my weight affect my testosterone production? If that's the case, would losing weight, coupled with some way to increase my T, help out?

I say "physically", since I don't feel there's anything wrong upstairs, since I get turned on by her, it's just something that's short-circuited when I'm with her intimately. And maybe right now, I feel that it's something physical, since my sex drive is there. I don't wish to disappoint her and I want to be with her.

Old 12-19-2004, 10:09 PM   #2
Inactive

merlin4k HB User
Re: Options for a Man

Quote:
I don't wish to disappoint her and I want to be with her.
That is your problem. You are putting to much pressure on yourself. Relax and enjoy the moment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2004, 07:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

wood650 HB User

You need to lose weight to get to the normal weight for your size for your own health. Fat can contribute from what I have read to excess estrogen. This may be a factor in any erection problems as you may have less effective testosterone. You could check with a doctor about that. Stress will kill any erection so relax.

Old 12-28-2004, 06:14 AM   #4
(male)

xandergr8 HB User

If you have high cholesterol (which is common in overweight folks), that can affect the quality of your erections. The blood flow to the penis can become restricted or even blocked just like arteries to the heart can. Also, it could be a simple matter of access. You didn't mention how large your penis is, but if you're on the small side, do you have trouble, well, reaching it where you want it to go? If you're not able to penetrate your girlfriend deeply that might lead to a diminished erection too.

Regardless, losing weight in a gradual, sensible way with a doctor's supervision can only help you.

Closed Thread