It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2004, 03:50 PM   #1
(male)

bowhunter9 HB User
Question 22 and pretty concerned, please help

Ok, here is the deal. I am a 22 year old who is having trouble getting an errection. I have never had any trouble with this in my life until the last few months. In August I was having sex with a girl and I was fine. Then in October I was getting ready to have sex and I could not get an errection. The girl was a very close friend who I would have enver thought to have sex with, but the opportunity came and I took it. I dont know if it was nerves or what that wouldnt allow me to get it up, but I was very concerned. Yesterday I was thinking and I dont recall the last errection I have had, and I am very concerned. I think I have did a pretty bad thing, I masterbate everyday, sometimes twice and I dont make myself be fully errect to get off. Could doing this have really hurt me for life? Is my body not used to getting an errection? Is there any pills you recomend taking that could help? Maybe testosterone or any herbs? Please help, I dont want to talk to a Dr. about this if I dont have to. Its pretty embarresing, especially being a fulltime student and still on my parents innsurance, they would find out and I would feel weird.

Old 12-25-2004, 06:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

wood650 HB User
Re: 22 and pretty concerned, please help

It sounds like a case of nerves. I don't think masturbation would have any effect on your getting an erection. If you are masturbating too much your sex drive may be lessened and that would affect your getting an erection. Don't masturbate for two or three days and see if your sex drive doesn't increase so that an erection occurs. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2004, 06:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrOwl HB User

Skip masturbating for a while, that should help. Also do not worry about it. If you are truly relaxed and enjoying yourself, nature will most likely take care of the rest.

Old 12-25-2004, 06:54 PM   #4
(male)

bowhunter9 HB User

Guys thank you. I just worry, there is a girl I am really interested in and she is interested in me, I am kinda scared if things go good, and it comes to sex, I dont wat to fail.

Old 12-25-2004, 06:55 PM   #5
(male)

bowhunter9 HB User

by the way, the sex drive is there I think, just not the errection. But I am a very nervous person.

Old 12-26-2004, 08:57 AM   #6
(male)

edgework HB User

When I was a younger lad (shortly after the invention of the steam engine, I believe this was), I had noticed an annoying pattern in my sexual encounters. The first time I would try to make love to a girl, one that I actually liked and whose company I had sought out, I usually failed. On those occasions when I was able to rise from the ashes of defeat and continue the relationship, I would rise in all relevant contexts. Once this happened a few times, it was in danger of becoming a hard-wired self-fulfilling prophecy. One night, finding myself moving inexorably toward the same situation, I took a wild shot and said something on the order of "Look, here's the deal. I don't know exactly why this happens, but..." Turns out I wasn't mistaken in my initial instincts regarding her; she was cool, and guess what--that broke the spell. At least that night.

Most times where sex is concerned, your brain is not necessarily your friend. It's easy to think your way to frustration
about the answers

Closed Thread