It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2004, 08:27 PM   #1
(male)

EseStud HB User
sexual health and losing virginity

Okay, I think it's better for a guy to read this, since a girl would probably be offended by this. It seems that society discourages women from free sexual activity, but encourages men to freely practice sex, and they are viewed as inferior if they cannot lose their virginity. Why is it this way? Does this have anything to do with sexual health? Is it really the case where a man can become impotent or lose his sexual peak if he is not sexually active? I do actually consider myself active, but I have to confess I'm 24 and still a virgin. So I can understand many of you might think I'm inferior, or in the lower 1% of men, but more importantly, I would like to know if this has anything to do with overall sexual health. I personally think masturbation counts as "sexual activity," and I am regularly involved in that, but if I don't actually have "a partner," then how does this affect my sexual peak or potency? Fortunately, I haven't noticed any real change or drop since I was 18. In fact, sometimes I don't even know if I've reached my sexual peak yet. If anybody can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it, thanks.

Old 12-26-2004, 09:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mecpcpj HB User
Re: sexual health and losing virginity

You may not have realized whether or not you've hit your sexual peak because it still feels great to you regardless. I've heard that a male's sexual peak is at or around 19 and a woman's is around 30-35.
Regarding potency, as you get older your sperm count subsides a bit. You produce the most sperm when you are younger. This doesn't mean that if you don't have sex or masturbate that you'll lose your potency. Sperm is produced every 3 days or so. If it isn't used (ejaculated) it simply dies and new sperm is produced. Whether or not you engage in sexual activity is irrelevant to how potent you will be when the time comes to have intercourse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2004, 06:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hoop HB UserHoop HB User

You're not inferior to anyone else. You are just a 24 year old virgin. Stop thinking about how others view your status. It will only get you down. Set your own time table, stick to your principles and don't let anyone else influence or talk you out of it.

Sexual peak varies depending on the person. In general, the previous poster is pretty much correct, based on studies, I guess. I reached my sexual peak at 18 when I lost my virginity. Now, 30 years later, I will be very honest here, but my peak hasn't changed. Like I said, it varies, but please don't think I'm bragging here. It's only good when I can get it. HA! I'll bet people don't think about that one much.

HOOP!( Ohhhhh! IIIII wish I was an Oscar Myer virgin! ...everyone would be in love with me!...) LOL

Last edited by Hoop; 12-28-2004 at 06:37 AM.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:01 PM   #4
(female)

JuiciCouture HB User

Hi, I have no idea why i am on this board, I just cant sleep and keep reading things.. But I just wanted to say, From a 21-year old girl's standpoint.. Any girl would be honored to find a male virgin. Its probably one of the most unique qualities and extremely sexy. Trust me, If you find the right girl.. You will have a better sex life than people who sleep around, because the girl will feel more free with you and I imagine there would be less jealousy in the relationship as well.
Well, I would personally like to say congratulations on being so strong... I think its awesome and sexy and interesting.

Old 12-31-2004, 06:47 PM   #5

something_witty HB User

Listen, I know several guys who are 21 or 22 and still virgins, with varying degrees of sexual experience ranging from none to "everything but". It's more common than you probably think.

From my perspective (21 year old female), I wouldn't care a bit whether you were a virgin or not. If anything, I would feel kinda special if I was your "first". So relax, it won't affect your potency or sexual peak either.

When you're talking to a doctor, by the way, you answer "no" to the question about being sexually active if you just masturbate, since it doesn't really have an effect on your health.

Old 12-31-2004, 09:22 PM   #6
Inactive

llw03c HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EseStud
Okay, I think it's better for a guy to read this, since a girl would probably be offended by this. It seems that society discourages women from free sexual activity, but encourages men to freely practice sex, and they are viewed as inferior if they cannot lose their virginity. Why is it this way? Does this have anything to do with sexual health? Is it really the case where a man can become impotent or lose his sexual peak if he is not sexually active? I do actually consider myself active, but I have to confess I'm 24 and still a virgin. So I can understand many of you might think I'm inferior, or in the lower 1% of men, but more importantly, I would like to know if this has anything to do with overall sexual health. I personally think masturbation counts as "sexual activity," and I am regularly involved in that, but if I don't actually have "a partner," then how does this affect my sexual peak or potency? Fortunately, I haven't noticed any real change or drop since I was 18. In fact, sometimes I don't even know if I've reached my sexual peak yet. If anybody can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it, thanks.
i know what you mean but i can't put into words how i understand this but i'll try.

there is a correlation between a man's inability to lose his virginity and his inability to get girls (unless remaining a virgin is a religious prerogative). for girls, its easy to get laid. for guys its not. we have to "woo" the female (not sure if thats spelled right hehehe). this is a difficult task. usually praise is given when you can accomplish a difficult feat repeatedly (and getting a girl is quite difficult). for girls that have sex a lot they are called sluts since its "easy" for them. women are the prize, we have to fight to win them and if you're still a virgin, you're not good at the game and you lose to those who are. so, losing means inferiority and thus virginity means inferiority so when you are a 20 something virgin, people will think you're inferior, that you have no "game" and can't get laid and all the other. i hope this is kinda clear. its hard to say what i want.

as far as sexual peak, i think this is a function of several things: eating, habits, lifestyles, etc.. i think when you drink, smoke, don't exercise, don't eat healthy, etc, you'll probably decline faster. i'm 26 and still feel as potent as i did at 18, but then again i'm a virgin too so that might contribute.

Old 01-02-2005, 08:27 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoop
You're not inferior to anyone else. You are just a 24 year old virgin. Stop thinking about how others view your status. It will only get you down. Set your own time table, stick to your principles and don't let anyone else influence or talk you out of it.

Sexual peak varies depending on the person. In general, the previous poster is pretty much correct, based on studies, I guess. I reached my sexual peak at 18 when I lost my virginity. Now, 30 years later, I will be very honest here, but my peak hasn't changed. Like I said, it varies, but please don't think I'm bragging here. It's only good when I can get it. HA! I'll bet people don't think about that one much.

HOOP!( Ohhhhh! IIIII wish I was an Oscar Myer virgin! ...everyone would be in love with me!...) LOL

??? Why would him thinking about being a virgin get him down? I think its a good atribute. No rush and no worry ok?

Old 01-03-2005, 10:59 AM   #8

Renn HB User

<<
"When you're talking to a doctor, by the way, you answer "no" to the question about being sexually active if you just masturbate..."
>>

Hmmmm.... I follow what you're saying, & it may be true for the most part; but it depends on how the doctor himself looks at the question, which is ambiguous. To me, to say one is not sexually active CAN mean that the person is not having intercourse, but logically it is definitely not factually correct, if the person masturbates on a regular basis. A guy who masturbates several times a week is certainly "being sexually active," in a literal sense, just as much as is a guy who's having intercourse a couple of times, if the expression is used to mean he's engaging in sexual activity---that is, putting his penis & reproductive plumbing thru the paces, so to speak. If deliberately and intentionally stimulating the penis to the point of experiencing orgasm and ejaculating is not "sexual actitivy," I don't know what it is. Seems to me that for a guy to say he's not sexually active would mean not only that he isn't having intercourse, but that he doesn't masturbate either. So if you're "only" masturbating and the doc asks "Are you sexually active," the only way to be sure he gets the right picture (if you really care) is just to say Well, I'm not having intercourse, but I do [masturbate/use the ole right hand/do myself/go solo/hump the bed] or however else you want to put it.

Old 01-03-2005, 07:57 PM   #9
(male)

SomeRandomDude HB User

I can only speak for myself.. but sex is everywhere. TV... Movies... etc. I know always seeing it.. and even more so hearing about it from my friends gets me down (I'm a 25 year old male virgin myself)

I do agree depending on how one looks at it is could be seen as a good attribute, by the same token though I don't know much about this guy's situation, but I am CLUELESS around girls. I don't know what to say...what to do...how to act.

I also tend to freeze up around them. I'm confident though that it will happen when it happens, much like it will for the guy who started this thread

I would like to let him know that he is not alone out there. Perhaps that first time will be that much more special for each of us, given the time we have endured?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsgirl
??? Why would him thinking about being a virgin get him down? I think its a good atribute. No rush and no worry ok?

Old 01-10-2005, 08:42 PM   #10
(male)

EseStud HB User

Back in high school, I was extremely shy, had lots of trouble talking to girls. It is not a problem anymore, but now that I'm more outgoing and mature, I realize that having sex normally involves getting a girlfriend first, and that starts out with making friends. The problem is, I live in a completely unfamiliar environment now where I don't know anything or anybody. No matter where I go, the people I see are people who I will never see again in my life. That is my current issue.

Old 01-11-2005, 05:45 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

The reason a doctor will ask if you are sexually active is so will know if they should be ordering STD tests and checking for visual signs of STDs. Thus, masturbation only would warrant a "no" response. However, if you are embarassed to put down a no, then answer "yes", but state you only practice safe sex (which would be a true statement).

Old 01-12-2005, 11:38 AM   #12
Veteran
(male)

pcantona HB User

No there are no side-effects of not having sex and only masturbate, no need to worry. Medically your libido and health should stay the same. There are of course overall health benefits of being in a relationship and being intimate with someone, this keeps everyone healthier and happier. But there is no need for you to be desperate. Be a virgin for as long as you want. And if you one day decide that you are tired of it then I am sure you can change that, one way or another.

Old 01-13-2005, 09:41 AM   #13
(female)

Arigoofy HB User

You're not inferior man! Like the other girls, I think you're even more of a man by waiting until you find the right girl. The best sex is with someone you love. I have several male friends that are 24/25 and are still virgins and are saving themselves for the right girl. Good luck in finding YOUR special girl when the time comes.

Old 01-17-2005, 01:16 AM   #14
(female)

Dorothy06 HB User

I totally respect a guy who isnt out there sewing his seed...if I had my way, the man I lose my virginity to would not only be the man that I marry...but I would also be his first...but recently it seems that I havent been getting my way...anywhoo...be glad you are one of the rare ones...and don't worry what soceity thinks...heck I am 21, female...still a virgin...another 9 years I will be considered an old maid who has reached her experation date....

from one 20 something virgin to another...be strong...!

Old 01-17-2005, 07:21 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hoop HB UserHoop HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsgirl
It comes with age. The older a person gets, the more concerned they may get about being a virgin and it has a tendency of getting them down. It is not so much, or just the idea of being a virgin, but also the idea that they haven't found the love of their lives they have been holding out for and they are getting older.

I am not knocking the guy down. Like I said, he should stick to his own pricinples and follow his own time table. A virgin is in no way inferior to non virgins.

Closed Thread