It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2005, 05:06 PM   #1

Racer70 HB User
Can somebody give me some info please!!

Hello

About 7 months ago my girlfriend gave me oral sex and she had a cold sore. I freaked out thinking that I would get herpes so I started washing my penis with a harsh soap. After a couple of days of this I noticed that the tip of my penis was red and inflammed and had a burning sensation. I went in and got tested for std's even though we have only slept with eachother and have always wore a condom. All tests came back negative including the herpes test. I went to the doctor and he said it was contact dermatits( an irritant from the soap). The tip of my penis is still red and sometimes inflammed and on the head there are little red bumps. Does this sound like a bacteria or a fungal infection. I know for sure that it is not an std. I know that if your skin dries out bacteria can then enter. If anyone has any info please help me so I can get on with my life instead of worrying about this. Thank you

Old 01-01-2005, 05:30 PM   #2
(female)

HollyGoLightly HB User
Re: Can somebody give me some info please!!

Well you got tested and you don't have herpes or anything else, other than contact dermatitis from the soap. Why don't you wanna believe it? If it's still red, go back to the doctor and get some cream for it. I doubt it's any kind of major infection sitting there for 7 months. Are you washing it, looking at it, prodding it a lot? You could be irritating it. By the way, no oral sex when your partner has a cold sore! You really can get genital herpes that way. But you didn't get it, ok? I hope you stop worrying

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2005, 06:19 PM   #3

Racer70 HB User

I wish I could stop worrying about it, but I have already tried a few different creams. I don't want the tip of my penis to be red and irritated forever. I don't know what else to do. I don't think it could be a plain old irritation if it has been around for seven months.

Old 01-01-2005, 06:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

It certainly could be if you have been constantly messing with it putting different creams and stuff on it. For all you know you have been irritating it and making it worse, not giving it time to heal. A herpes outbreak itself doesn't even last that long.
Have you continued to be sexually active this whole time too?

Old 01-02-2005, 09:04 AM   #5

Racer70 HB User

Another thing that I notice about it is when after I am done showering, The reddened area feels kind of mushy or ruff. Does this sound like a bacterial or fungal infection??? Or just severely damaged skin??

Closed Thread