It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2005, 10:58 AM   #1
(male)

Robert4170 HB User
Post male physicals

okay, u always see comedy skits and jokes about male physicals. My problem is that i always seem to get an erection when it comes time to drop the pants. I get like a nervous feeling in my stomach. i just wonder whether this makes me gay that i get this way when another man touches my groin or is this normal? Also, i worry about the doctor like criticising my penis 'behind closed doors'. Like, should u trim or shave before a physical to help the doctor, so he doesnt have to touch a hairy scrotum or something? i need ur help! i got a physical this month.

Old 01-02-2005, 11:43 AM   #2
(male)

logan1982 HB User
Re: male physicals

Male doctors have better things to do than make fun of your penis behind your back.

I don't think it's completely abnormal to get an accidental erection if a guy touches you down there.. that doesn't make you gay.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 02:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

Hey bud, that is actually quite common...our penis responds to stimulation and nerves will sometimes make it worse. Don't give this another thought, docs see it happen all the time. And forget about being criticized for your size when you leave....think of how many penises docs see in their career. I suspect there are many that he/she could make comments about and don't. They are professionals doing their job and need to move on to see more patients, they don't give it another thought...and neither should you.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:15 AM   #4
Veteran

Darkfur HB User
Talking Re: male physicals

Don't worry about shaving or anything, just be clean. I've started to get erect during exams in the past, but the doctor didn't care. I don't care anymore either. Getting your junk checked out is rather relaxing, really!

Old 01-03-2005, 09:27 PM   #5
Inactive

merlin4k HB User

Don't worry about what Dr's. will say behind your back. Who are they going to tell? Dr's. have a patient/Dr. confidentiality rules they have to follow.

I had to see a Dr. about a hernia repair From the time I saw the first Dr.(Nov 2003). thru the end of the surgery and follow up exams (June2004). I was seeing by 20 Dr's, student Dr's and nurses. If they told anyone about my penis size or lack of pubic hair I don't know, but, I do know since that time I have not seen any of the Dr's or nurses.

By the way I would like to say Thank you to all of them for doing a great job.

Old 01-03-2005, 10:19 PM   #6
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User

I've been paraded nude or semi-nude in front of many doctors when I was young... I was born with Cerebral Palsy and I am 54. Don't worry about the exam. You might very well be nervous, but don't worry. Good doctors have seen it all, and they won't embarras you

Old 01-04-2005, 07:24 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

consider yourself lucky. a lot of men get erections, and when the doctor touches their penis, testes, or anus, they ejaculate.
doctors see erections, and even ejaculations, all the time. they are used to it.
it's a normal part of human anatomy.

Old 01-05-2005, 06:07 AM   #8
(male)

sabro77 HB User

I wouldn't worry about it man. I get physicals once a year and have gotten erections many times. My doctor says he sees them all the time, from really small to really big, so I doubt you could have anything he hasn't seen before at least a dozen times.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:25 AM   #9

smooth69 HB User

I have annual physicals. My doctor is a male and his nurse will have me remove all my clothing and sit on the table to wait for the doctor. I will get an erection without fail when he does the genital portion of the exam and I have also ejaculated during the DRE. I just have a little more to clean up. I am also completely shaved and my doctor has never made any comment about my erection, ejaculation or hairless state. He's seen everything so just be yourself.

Old 01-06-2005, 08:31 AM   #10

skadoo101 HB User

All the previous posts pretty much summed it up. Doctor's have seen everything. Enjoy the fact that you have a working, healthy penis and sex drive. And by sex drive, I'm not trying to say you are aroused by a man handling your genitals.

By and large we males are physical when it comes to sex... we respond the best to physical stimulation. Someone manipulating your genitals will feel good even if you're not attracted to the person doing it and those good feelings (or anticipated good feelings) can lead to to an erection. No worries.

Even in my mid thirties, I get sem-erect during a the genital exam at my physical. And I saw a urologist recently for some pain during urination - this resulted in a much more thorough genital and rectal exam than I get at the regular physical so I became almost fully erect. Doctor didn't even bat an eye.

If you're really concerned about it, just ask your doctor next time (if there's two people in the world you need to be completely honest and open with it's your doctor and lawyer.) He'll tell you that he sees it all the time and it's nothing to worry about. He can also tell you if he thinks your penis is a normal size - remember, he's seen many so can definitely judge.

As for the hairy state, it doesn't matter. Some guys have alot and some guys don't. I wouldn't be worried about shaving down there either, after all, maybe your doctor does too! He is human after all.

Closed Thread