HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Sexual Health - Men (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexual-health-men/)
-   -   erections in the morning (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexual-health-men/239731-erections-morning.html)

Russianman 01-07-2005 04:03 AM

erections in the morning

hey i read alot of stuffon the internet, but answer methis question please

should you always get morning erections? or is it abnormal that u only get them sometimes.

MrOwl 01-07-2005 05:29 AM

Re: erections in the morning

You will not always have one. It depends a lot on your sleep pattern. I would not worry about it.

skadoo101 01-07-2005 06:53 AM

Nocturnal (night) erections occur when you dream. So, if you wake up in the morning with an erection, it was from the dream you were having right before you woke up. Keep in mind that you don't always remember dreams or remember even having them.

So, if you wake up with a flacid penis, you just weren't dreaming when you woke up.

vigorstrength 01-07-2005 08:41 AM

I sleep on my stomach. No wonder I always wake up in a TeePee tent position.

As a teen, it seemed like I always had morning erections. If not, then in the shower. The penis of a teen is nearly uncontrollable!
Even after being married for 2 years and in my mid-twenties, I get them every now and then, but usually not after an evening of sex.

MrNice 01-07-2005 11:41 AM

Most men get them fairly frequently. Nothing you can do to "get" or "not get" them. It's not something you have control over.

skadoo101 01-07-2005 11:49 AM

I've also read that it helps keep the penis healthy, by engorging it with fresh blood. So it is a good thing.

It can be awkward when you share bathrooms in the morning, like in shool dorms or at home. But I got over it pretty quick. After all, it's a natural thing.

Some of the guys at the college dorms teased me about it at first.. but then got used to it. Plus I gave them crap back, like hey "at least mine works" or other smart remarks. And what was funny about it is that as time when on, you started to see a few more because people shut up about it.

It's amazing sometimes how shameful we get about our bodies and it's functions.

Russianman 01-07-2005 11:55 AM

thanks for all the replies, yeh thanks, well i get them 3/4 of the times. i find that i get them if i have a good night , if i am really tired and sleep alittle then some times theres no morning glory oh well, illtry to get my beauty sleep as much as i can //thanks aghain :wave:

Earth&Fire 01-08-2005 09:20 PM

If you are sexually healthy, you will get morning erections, but they will not always be at that time of the morning when you awake. You may awaken at 8:00 am but your erection occurred at 6!

pcantona 01-10-2005 05:55 AM

It is a way for your body to "hold it" because you need to go to the bathroom OR you dreamt something.