It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2005, 04:03 AM   #1
(male)

Russianman HB User
erections in the morning

hey i read alot of stuffon the internet, but answer methis question please

should you always get morning erections? or is it abnormal that u only get them sometimes.

Old 01-07-2005, 05:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrOwl HB User
Re: erections in the morning

You will not always have one. It depends a lot on your sleep pattern. I would not worry about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2005, 06:53 AM   #3

skadoo101 HB User

Nocturnal (night) erections occur when you dream. So, if you wake up in the morning with an erection, it was from the dream you were having right before you woke up. Keep in mind that you don't always remember dreams or remember even having them.

So, if you wake up with a flacid penis, you just weren't dreaming when you woke up.

Old 01-07-2005, 08:41 AM   #4

vigorstrength HB User

I sleep on my stomach. No wonder I always wake up in a TeePee tent position.

As a teen, it seemed like I always had morning erections. If not, then in the shower. The penis of a teen is nearly uncontrollable!
Even after being married for 2 years and in my mid-twenties, I get them every now and then, but usually not after an evening of sex.

Last edited by vigorstrength; 01-07-2005 at 08:41 AM.

Old 01-07-2005, 11:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrNice HB User

Most men get them fairly frequently. Nothing you can do to "get" or "not get" them. It's not something you have control over.

Old 01-07-2005, 11:49 AM   #6

skadoo101 HB User

I've also read that it helps keep the penis healthy, by engorging it with fresh blood. So it is a good thing.

It can be awkward when you share bathrooms in the morning, like in shool dorms or at home. But I got over it pretty quick. After all, it's a natural thing.

Some of the guys at the college dorms teased me about it at first.. but then got used to it. Plus I gave them crap back, like hey "at least mine works" or other smart remarks. And what was funny about it is that as time when on, you started to see a few more because people shut up about it.

It's amazing sometimes how shameful we get about our bodies and it's functions.

Old 01-07-2005, 11:55 AM   #7
(male)

Russianman HB User

thanks for all the replies, yeh thanks, well i get them 3/4 of the times. i find that i get them if i have a good night , if i am really tired and sleep alittle then some times theres no morning glory oh well, illtry to get my beauty sleep as much as i can //thanks aghain

Old 01-08-2005, 09:20 PM   #8
(male)

Earth&Fire HB User

If you are sexually healthy, you will get morning erections, but they will not always be at that time of the morning when you awake. You may awaken at 8:00 am but your erection occurred at 6!

Old 01-10-2005, 05:55 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

pcantona HB User

It is a way for your body to "hold it" because you need to go to the bathroom OR you dreamt something.

Closed Thread