It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2005, 01:00 PM   #1
(male)

JonAlbertson HB User
Talking need Help With Premature Ejaculation. Please

Hello all. I have had a serious problem with premature ejaculation my entire life. I am willing to try any type of medicine to help my problem. I am not sure if anything besides depression/anxiety medicine can help. My doctor mentioned how SSRI's can help with the problem, and I have tried a couple as I am depressed due to the problem.
I was just wondering which medicine works the best for this problem. I have tried a couple
1. Zoloft - 20 mg- worked ok but i wasnt a big fan of the side effects
2. Effexor XR- this one worked the best so far, but I cant stand how they make me feel so i switched

and I am currently on
1. Prozac 40mg- working extremely well for the depression, but not well for the premature ejaculation
2. Welbutrin XR- i am on this for my lack of energy and motivation, but i know this doesnt work for the premature ejactulation. I actually have concerns that this makes my problem worse
3. Adderall XR 30 mg- for add. Not sure if this has an effect on the premature ejactulation, but I would like to know.

I am willing to change any of these medicines to help my premature ejactulation but I am not sure what works the best. My doctor is very willing to help and change medication, but he does not have a ton of knowlege on which ones work best for my problem.

Also I have read recently that a certain medicine for seizures works for premature ejactulation

any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot for your time.
Sincerely,
Jon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 10:37 AM   #2
(male)

JonAlbertson HB User
Talking Re: need Help With Premature Ejaculation. Please

sorry for the multiple posts..i just wanted to be sure i was in the right forum..thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to JonAlbertson For This Useful Post:
SERJ (04-25-2012)
Old 03-17-2005, 07:11 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

sgtcliff HB User
Re: need Help With Premature Ejaculation. Please

You might ask your doctor about Paxil, I took it for depression and one of the side effects of the drug was that I couldn't ejaculate for a long time. I could after some considerable work and effort on my and my partners part. I would definately ask my doctor about it.

Old 04-13-2005, 03:43 PM   #4
(male)

darian7648 HB User
Re: need Help With Premature Ejaculation. Please

Well, I too have suffered from premature ejaculation. Through searching for a solution for it, and believe me, I have tried almost everything, I have found that pain medication has been the only thing that works. I had Vicodin prescribed to me when I had my teeth pulled, and if you pop 1 or 2 of those suckers you can basically last as long as you want to, even without a condom....end result - orgasm is just as good, just prolonged a great deal. The thing about it is that you can't really get prescibed this too often as it is a narcotic and highly addicitve. I've also found that other pain medications, lortab, percocet, etc. work the same miracle...again to obtain a prescription you must actually have some sort of major pain problems or just have had surgery. Other than that, masturbating then wearing a climax control condom works somewhat, but still nothing comparable to those medications. I wish I too knew a medication that can be easily obtained that can help you control orgasm

Closed Thread