It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2005, 07:44 PM   #1
(male)

BIG_GUY05 HB User
Pain in left Testicle

I have had a dull ache in my left testicle for about 5 days now and it's really starting to worry me. I experience no other pains or any other weird feelings. I have already been to a clinic and the doctor said it can potentially be varicocoele. From what I know, the Varicose vein in testicles are above the testicles but my pain is coming from the bottom of the testicles. I mostly feel it when I'm sitting or laying down. When I compare my left and right testicle, I can feel a a lot larger squishy sack underneath my left testicle than my right. I am going to see my family doctor and get a ultrasound done tomorrow. Can someone please give me ideas on what this is so I can sleep tonight? Thanks.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:00 AM   #2
(male)

welsh_eccentric HB User
Re: Pain in left Testicle

does the sac around it seem to have swollen? if so, i had that, it was caused by an iguinal hernia (sp) in which the intestine pushes a bit of fat down the iguinal tube ( down which the testicles pass when they descend jsut before/after birth). its not that serious, i had an op, was in and out of hospital in 3 days, it hruts to walk for a bit, but after a week ur ok. i am now the proud bearer of a scar to boot pity its too low down to show off ( just above the groin)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2005, 08:48 AM   #3

jenna1 HB User

I also was going to say it might be a hernia. My husband has similar pains and went to our family doctor and he stated it was a hernia. It comes and goes and our doctor told him not to worry.

Old 04-05-2005, 09:00 PM   #4
(male)

BIG_GUY05 HB User

Ok, I am so confused now....

Today, my family doctor told me that it is NOT varicocoele and it is in fact epididymitis. He said my Epididymis on my left side was englarged and my right side was normal (which I can feel myself too). He prescribed me anti biotics and some anti inflammatories which cost me $50!!!!

A few hours later I had my ultrasound and the tech told me that it is varicocoele. I was so shocked to hear that! All my worries were over when I was told that I just had an infection that can be cleared with a few pills.

I still don't know who's right here and I also don't know what to do with these pills. Do I take them or can I return them some how?

Any ideas..?

Old 04-05-2005, 09:01 PM   #5
(male)

BIG_GUY05 HB User

Oh and thanks for the replies, jenna1 and welsh_eccentric!!

Old 04-05-2005, 09:26 PM   #6

jenna1 HB User

Maybe you should make an appointment with a urologist since they specialize in this area. It's always a good idea to get another opinion especially when you're getting a different diagnosis from your doctor and tech.

Old 04-07-2005, 01:32 AM   #7
(male)

welsh_eccentric HB User

jenna1 has a point, but i would take your first dose of the anitbiotics and see if it has any effect, a little bit wont kill you, but it should have an effect if your doctor is correct.

Closed Thread