It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2005, 08:53 AM   #1
(male)

rusty3200 HB User
Burning prostate on ejeculation.

I'm 58 and have had chronic prostatitis for 20 years plus.

In the last year or two I have a strong burning in the prostate area after ejaculation. The burning only lasts for a few seconds but its definitely noticeable. Its not in the penis. The ejaculate is yellow in color and sort of dribbles out with little sensation. The build up excitement is still prettly good but the climax is somewhat disappointing. I only EJ once or twice a month at most because of the burning and the anal/retal discomfort afterward which lasts for about a day.

When I first got chronic P, I went to several urologist who did several painful tests and put me on antibiotics. I took a boatload of antibiotics but they didn't help. They did cause gastritis and other significant side affects. I am now allergic to sulfa drugs (bactrim and septra). So I quit going to MD's and over the years it hasn't been too bothersome.

I take Lexapro (anti-depressant) 10 mg a day and Xanax as needed which is about .2 mg (low dose) a day on the weekends.

I'm wondering if there is anything that might reduce the burning sensations some. I've given up hope of ever being free of this problem but reduction in this sympton would be helpful.

I don't drink alcohol or carbonated beverages or smoke. I do like chocolate. I'm not overweight and I am in pretty good health.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2005, 02:36 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Cinemagic HB User
Re: Burning prostate on ejeculation.

Sounds like you shouldn't give up on the MDs. A trip back to the urologist might be in order.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread