It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2005, 03:55 PM   #1
(male)

Dave56789 HB User
Is "blue balls" bad for you??

I have heard that the condition known as "blue balls" (where a male achieves an erection without being allowed to ejaculate) is harmful. I, like most men, have experienced it from time to time and have not noticed any problems with it, except for the uncomfortable feeling that lasts a few minutes. Is this condition really harmful??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2005, 05:29 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Justawondering HB User
Re: Is "blue balls" bad for you??

Nope most men just use it as an excuse to get a girl to do something for them There is no harm in blue balls

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2005, 05:56 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

ethera HB User

Yes, 'blue balls' is just a feeling of intensely wanting to 'expel' or 'release'...

Sperm/semen that accumulates is eliminated naturally by the male body, thru nocturnal emmission.

I do not include masturbation because that requires conscious thought and action ( though some might argue, lol ). The male body can in fact regulate itself without masturbation.

I am saying this because some would have us believe that masturbation is necessary, when instead it is a choice.

Blue balls are no fun, but we will be okay

Old 05-23-2005, 12:59 AM   #4
(male)

Raiju HB User

Yeah, it doesn't have to be a matter of having an erection, or even sexual activity and not ejaculating. Blue balls is just the feeling that happens when your testicals hurt from being so arroused and not ejaculating (usually) although it can happen from just not ejaculating in a really long time. It hurts like hell, but it goes away, either from nocturnal emissions, masturbation, sex, or just time passing.

Old 05-23-2005, 12:59 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

ScruffyGuy HB User

Yes, all true -- this is essentially harmless and nothing to worry about.

But not all men have nocturnal emissions, even when they have not ejaculated for a long time. In that case, semen created in the body is reabsorbed into the body naturally and new semen is created. It has a "shelf-life" of about three days, incidentally.

Erections are not a vital component of "blue balls." Every erection a man has does NOT have to result in orgasm. If that were the case... well, let's just say that the world would be a whole lot MESSIER than it is right now and that the makers of paper towels and Kleenex would probably be rich enough to own the entire planet.

But here's the thing...

It HAS been shown that overall, as we age, it is a GOOD thing to keep the prostate gland in functioning order. It has been shown that ejaculation keeps the plumbing moving along. It is SUGGESTED that ultimately this might aid in the prevention of prostate cancer in old age. It makes sense -- use it or lose it, right?

But you don't have to go nuts. "Normal" ejaculations which happen whenever they happen are probably all anyone needs. A few "extra" ejaculations for fun sure won't hurt, though!

Interestingly, there are cultures all over the world who ritualistically find spiritual pleasure in BOTH the retention AND release of semen. Some cultures believe more ejaculations are better. Others believe the build-up of sperm and resulting sexual tension unite body and mind and spirit.

Neither of them are "wrong." BOTH ways of looking at it can be a lot of fun.

I personally LIKE deprivation. Three, four, five days of no ejaculations... I love the tension. Keeps me in tune with my masculinity and my penis. That's just what works for me -- everyone should do what they enjoy most. When it becomes impossible to sleep anymore as a result of sexual tension... then I'll get some release.

So don't worry about it -- masturbate when you like -- or don't. You'll be fine either way.

The Following User Says Thank You to ScruffyGuy For This Useful Post:
bayouboy662 (07-16-2012)
Old 05-24-2005, 12:13 AM   #6
(male)

beorx18 HB User

I was wondering the same thing, however, i believe that i get a much worse case of "blue balls".

I have had it in the past only a couple of times. but more recently (since i have started becomeing intimate with my GF) i have started getting it more often, and when it hits, it may hurt very intensely for up to 4 or 5 hours... and then its just the usual discomfort for another hour or two...

Anybody know of something that helps to easy the pain? normal pain killers (advil, tylenol..etc) dont work.. not even a little bit

Closed Thread