It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2005, 07:54 PM   #1
(male)

user1020 HB User
cut on penis foreskin

About a week ago while attempting to have intercourse with my girlfriend im not sure how but i recieved a small cut on my penis foreskin, more specifically the back part where the skin connects to the head. There was alot of blood involved even though it was a tiny cut and was a very scary moment for both of us I even almost passed out. I think I got the cut because I never pull my foreskin back when it gets erect I just let it pull back on its own when I penetrate my girlfriend, and both of us were pretty dry and I think there was just too much friction. But anyways after the cut stopped bleeding it never bleed again but there was slight pain for like a day or two. But now a week later I masturbated and when I finished I noticed a few drops of blood. I was shocked to see that the cut was still there and not completely healed. Does anyone know of anything I can do to help the healing process cause I am really sexually active with my girlfriend and im scared that something like the last time we had intercourse may happen again. And what to do to avoid something like this ever happening again? Thanks for the help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2005, 08:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Re: cut on penis foreskin

Hey bud, sounds like you may have slightly ripped the frenulum, that tiny piece of skin under the head of your penis that holds the foreskin in place. That is really common for us uncut guys. So here is something to help with the healing, use a bit of antibiotic ointment (neopsporin works well) on the cut. Then let it heal (this is the part that sucks) nothing sexual, no masturbation or sex until things have healed, otherwise you'll keep opening the cut. That may take a few days/week or so. In the future make sure you're both lubricated and that should help, KY Jelly or Astroglide both work well for that. And, you may want to start retracting your foreskin manually before penetration so that there isn't the "force" pulling it back...this may increase the chances of another cut/tear. Hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2005, 11:09 PM   #3
(male)

user1020 HB User

woo thanks alot that makes me feel alot better. I put neosporin on right away, swore off masturbation, and told my girlfriend about it good thing she is understanding. I thought it would be like one of those big cuts that some boxers get, that keep reopening every fight . and no more rough sex for me untill things are so moist that slipping in is not a problem . thanks again you made my day.

Old 06-03-2005, 04:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Glad to help bud, take care of that lil guy...its the only one you'll ever have!

Old 06-06-2005, 01:18 PM   #5
(male)

user1020 HB User

Well just had sex yesterday and im happy to report everything is back to normal . This whole torn frenelum thing may even have been a good thing, because before my frenelum was kind of tight and now after it tore and healed it seems to be alot looser, the wound healed but the slight rip seemed to stay which seems to have done the trick for my tight frenelum. Has this ever happend to anyone else?

Old 06-06-2005, 02:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

Yes, I've seen and heard about lots of cases like yours. Sometimes though it continues to rip and bleed. I've heard of guys getting a stitch put in by a doctor to fix this. Mostly it rips once or twice and heals fully but longer as you have experienced.
Geoff

Old 06-06-2005, 04:18 PM   #7
(male)

user1020 HB User

Oh it might keep ripping and i might have to get a stitch now thats a scary thought . Damnit mom and dad why couldnt you just cut me . First it was phimosis then when I took care of that I found a build up of smegma, and now all this stuff about my frenulum ripping. Its definately not worth the extra sensitivity!

Old 06-07-2005, 03:25 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hey bud....glad things healed up good. Just be careful and not to agressive, make sure everthing is lubed up and you should be fine. That pleasure of being uncut is worth it!

Old 06-07-2005, 07:41 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by user1020
Oh it might keep ripping and i might have to get a stitch now thats a scary thought . Damnit mom and dad why couldnt you just cut me . First it was phimosis then when I took care of that I found a build up of smegma, and now all this stuff about my frenulum ripping. Its definately not worth the extra sensitivity!
The guys I was talking about were very unlucky. Yours seems to have healed up fast and totally. So just be a bit careful to avoid the dry situation that caused it, as Lance suggests and you should be fine. Anyway one stich would not be a big deal. Despite the problems you have had I would happily swap with you. Problems with foreskins are generally fixable, with a little effort but things like skin bridges, removal of too much skin and scarring on circumcised penises are not as easily fixed. Be glad your parents made this choice for you. I'm envious.
Geoff

Old 06-07-2005, 10:53 PM   #10
(male)

gir HB User

Aye, foreskins are good things. Without one, you have MUCH less mobility, and you have to rely on friction on the glans itself, which is not good. Also, the glans gradually becomes keratinised (= harder / tougher / less sensitive) if you leave it uncovered - which is also not good. Try holding your foreskin retracted back as far as it goes (so there's no mobility) with one hand, and masturbating with the other. And imagine not having any other option.

Seriously, be thankful to your parents for giving you the choice.

I'm currently considering frenuloplasty, which afaics should give the best of both worlds - completely uncovered when you want it to be, but fully mobile and fully protected as well.

Closed Thread