It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2005, 07:04 AM   #1
(male)

jfls41 HB User
Itchy, red scrotum problem

I have had this problem many years and when I came across this board I thought I would ask if anyone might know what it is and what will get rid of it. I am 41 now and wish I could turn the clock back and undo the things I did. Here goes...

In 1982 I had sex with a prostitute in Florida, I was a navy recruit, young, foolish and stupid. After this stupidity with this lady of the night, I distinctly remember feeling funny down there, it was a creepy feeling in my skin around the scrotum. I went to navy medic and he said it was probably a fungus. Another corpman said might be jock itch or heat rash. My scrotum is slightly red, no sores, but if I work in the heat and sweat, it gets itchy. I have used Cruex and all the different types of jock itch spray on it and it doesn't go away but if I don't put anything on it, it gets real itchy. I have found the best thing to keep it from itching and the redness goes away is Gold Bond Medicated Powder. I have tried Sarna lotion, Gold Bond works better.

Could someone tell me what kind of disease this might be that is sexually transmitted? Fungus, Heat Rash, Ecsema, jock itch, ??? Any home remedies I could try? anyone know what it is?

Old 06-07-2005, 11:23 AM   #2
(male)

RUSTY HEWES HB User
Re: Itchy, red scrotum problem

Ihad the same problem as you. Caught it in about the same way. My symptons were about the same. Mine was a yeast infection. Go to the drug store and purchase any one of the yeast cremes that women use. Make sure you buy the creme nothing else. Spread liberally over your scrotum at least twice a day. It is a little messy but should clear up the problem

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2005, 02:45 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sparkleflower HB User

While I'm no doctor, it's safe to say that it's not a STD. I agree with the other poster, but I think that after 23 years of dealing with this it's time to see a dermatologist for diagnosis and treatment.

Old 07-11-2005, 04:37 PM   #4
(male)

TommyJones HB User

I've tried every med known to man for the past nine months. Nothing helped. Now it has spead to my legs and arms, and the side of my face now tingles...nice.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:42 PM   #5
(male)

JDM101 HB User

I to have the same problem. Been to the Dermo about 15 times. Used creams, oitments, pills, - He insists it is not a STS Problem but called: Scrotum Redness. Scrotum is red and the bottom and my penis and tip is also red. He stated it is very difficult to get rid of. I guess so, It's been 10 months. Seems everyone has the same systoms. Doesn't hurt so much standing up but sitting in a car or sitting at work and it feels very bad. I might just try some of the creams some of you have suggested. Cant hurt. Hope it goes away soon.

Old 08-31-2005, 12:33 PM   #6
(male)

JDM101 HB User

I To Have A Redness On My Scrotum And Tip Of Penis. According To The Dermatoligist. It's Called "scrotum Redness" (no Joke). He Also Told Me That It Is Very Difficult To Get Rid Of. I Am Currently Using Nystatin And Triamcinolone Acetonide Ointment, Ups , Cephalexin And Fluconazole. The Last Two I Started Yesterday. I'll Be Looking Forward To Seeing If This Helps At All. I've Had This For Over A Year And It's No Fun. He Did Tell Me That It Is Not Std = No Symptoms. You Would Definately Know If You Had A Std. Anyone Out There Have Anything Else That Might Work? Sure Would Like To Get Rid Of This Crap.

Old 08-31-2005, 12:36 PM   #7
(male)

JDM101 HB User

You Posted This Is June. Did THE CREAM Work? Explain.

Last edited by JDM101; 08-31-2005 at 12:38 PM.

Closed Thread