It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
(male)

urblessed00 HB User
Uncircumsized, sensitive head, and losing erection. Help!!

I'm hoping someone can be of great help to me. I am a 28-year old who technically is no longer a virgin. However, until this year, the only sunlight my penis head saw, was to clean it. Nievely, I had no idea that the foreskin was supposed to retract during sex and also slide during sex. So, now the foreskin has loosened as much to retracting isn't as bad. However, the skin still will get stuck behind the head and does not slide once it is behind the head of my penis.

Another problem is the head of my penis is EXTREMELY sensitive. It's sensitive to touch, or anything done to it (oral) and thus I lose my erection. Also, now, my penis will get hard, but then when I try intercourse, it's a soft erection. I'm thinking this is due to the sensitive head. Is it due to me being uncircumsized? Additionally, I don't feel anything really, when I'm having sex. My penis is about 5.5 inches in length.....nothing to brag about. This has gotten into my mind now. This is happening with my second sexual partner and I want sex to be pleasurable for her as well as myself. I use protection (of course) each time.

What can I do to get rid of the sensitive head of my penis? How can I get it to not be so sensitive? Is that what is killing my erections? What can I do to maintain the hard erection? Is the foreskin supposed to slide up and down the penis during sex? Please excuse my nieveness to all this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2005, 01:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User
Re: Uncircumsized, sensitive head, and losing erection. Help!!

That sensitivity is quite common and guys who get circumcised as adults usually go through a period of a lot of discomfort until the keratin layer thickens on the glans from constant rubbing on clothing etc. Some circumcised men say that this same effect causes them not to feel much at all as they get older but others have no such trouble. The thing to do is to touch and stimulate it as much as possible until the sensations change from pain to pleasure. Use lube to start with and try masturbating that way if you can. If it's to sensitive for that try the spray from the shower on it first.
Have a look at my stretching instructions at the top of the men's health board. You have a very mild case and stretching shoud fix the tightness fairly quickly; but keep it up for a month or two after it's loose enough, to stop it tightening up again.
I think the loss of erection is simply due to fear that it's going to hurt again. Work on the stretching and desensitisation and things should be fine. Yours size is bang on average which means that there is nothing to be ashamed of in that department.
Hope this helps and get back with any questions after you read the instructions carefully.
Geoff

Old 06-20-2005, 01:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

Hey man, I can help here. I'm uncut, just a bit over 5.5 inches and no one ever told me anything about my penis or how it would work, how to retract the foreskin, hygiene or anything....learned it all on my own. So here goes....

Yes, your foreskin should glide easily back and forth over the head and onto the shaft while you're having sex. Its fine if is gets "stuck" behind the head, just make sure that it doesn't stay there for along, especially while you're erect as it may be restricting the bloodflow into the glans and that isn't healthy for it.

It is also very common for us to be supersensitive....remember that the head of your penis has remained covered and without direct stimulation for years. You can work with it now...the more you expose it to direct stimulation, touch and such...the less sensitive it'll be. Soon, the head of your penis will be the pleasure center of your penis and you'll love oral sex or anything...and your penis won't lose its erection because of the sensitivity! Try exposing the head and working with it as much as you can. Focus masturbating by rubbing it...using lube will help. Everytime you have the chance, stroke it, rub it or stimulate it...alone, or with her help. Continuing oral sex will help, make sure she does this with your foreskin retracted...the two of you can have fun with this....if she's willing to help. Don't worry man, this is really common!

No need to excuse your naivety about this...we weren't told any of this by anyone, right? And don't give your size another thought...did you know that according to most surveys I've seen we ARE the average adult male size? As long as it works and you're working on it....lol, things are fine. Remember that sex takes two people working together to make it really great. It isn't all your responsibility....for it being great or so so! I'll be glad to help more or chat more about this....by the way, I was a virgin longer than you as well, I understand all of this is quite different for us and that our experiences are different than others who started much younger than we are. Hope some of this helps!

Old 06-21-2005, 10:13 AM   #4
(male)

urblessed00 HB User

Man, thank you both for your replies. I feel much better knowing how to fix this. It's rather embarassing and I'm glad yall were able to give feedback and relate to the situation. I will heed both of your advice. You have my gratitude. Thanks again.

Old 06-21-2005, 11:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hey bud, you're welcome! There is NO need to be embarassed about this at all, we deal with stuff quite frankly here, just glad to be of some help. Keep me posted man, I'd like to know how things progress. Don't be worried about asking other questions are getting clarification about something, we're here to help each other out. Good luck!

Old 06-21-2005, 01:48 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

Ditto to what Lance said, we usually agree .
By the way I'll be going away to work in the USA from near the end of July. It's a fantastic oportunity to live and work in an exciting city overseas, learning new skills and with all my expenses, paid plus my normal salary . We'll take some leave in Europe on the way home too. So I doubt I'll be able to check these boards for over four months after then. Sorry that will put more load back on you Lance but as you can guess I'm pretty excited.
Cheers,
Geoff

Old 06-21-2005, 02:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

That's great Geoff...enjoy your stay here in the states. I'll try to manage this uncut stuff without your great advice and skill.... Oh and by the way, I'm glad we mostly agree!

Closed Thread