It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2005, 07:41 AM   #1
(female)

Ankyra80 HB User
Ejaculation: small amounts of semen... normal?

My boyfriend and i have been sexually active for a few months now and i have noticed that he doesnt ejaculate a fair amount of semen. I asked him about it and hes told me that he has always ejaculated in small amounts (like 1 or 2 teaspoons). Sometimes its hard for me to see that he ejaculated. His semen is thin in texture and mostly clear in color.
Now i dont mind not having a big mess after sex... lol. But is this something that he and/or should be concerned with? Could this lead to something serious, like an STD, illness, or a problem with one of his testicles? Could this lead to a problem with him having children in the future? Are color and texture a factor?

One more thing, he usually orgasms when we are doing it slowly (as opposed to a big, fast, grand finale). And like i read at another post, he does have an awkward way of masturbating- he lies flat, face down and hold his penis between his thumb and index finger and he humps his hand....( dont know if this could be related)

Any comments?

Old 07-14-2005, 08:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mrbojangle HB User
Re: Ejaculation: small amounts of semen... normal?

Personally, I don't think 1 or 2 teaspoons is a small amount, I don't ejaculate much more than that. It also makes a big difference how often he is ejaculating.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2005, 11:20 AM   #3
(female)

Ankyra80 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbojangle
Personally, I don't think 1 or 2 teaspoons is a small amount, I don't ejaculate much more than that. It also makes a big difference how often he is ejaculating.
He says he doesn't masturbate often. I asked him why such a small amount, he says hes always ejaculated in small amounts...

Im used to seeing 1 or 2 tablespoons, but not teaspoons...maybe even less.
Seems like it's precum, not ejaculate.

Old 07-14-2005, 03:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbojangle
I believe the average ejaculate volume is 5cc or just over 1 teaspoon so a tablespoon is actually quite a bit. He sounds normal.

Old 07-14-2005, 03:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

Yeah, a tablespoon is above normal, thought some guys can indeed put out a lot. I would agree that a bit over a teaspoon is probably normal. And, no, his method of masturbation would not impact his volume - how often he does it would, at least to some extent - nor make him more likely to have/get an STD. I don't think you have much to worry about.

Old 07-14-2005, 04:07 PM   #6
(female)

Ankyra80 HB User

Thanks guys.

Old 07-14-2005, 04:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

I think he normal!..sometimes I just give a tea-spoon never really measured but sometimes I think its how well aroused I get..because at times I really poor that stuff out and it does make a mess for the misses and other times its just a little like a tea-spoon....I'd be safe to say its like a tea-spoon full most of the time and the texture will vary..I ask my Dr bout that he said it's just a mixture of precum mix up with the seman and some big medical word testrones or somethinghe said..but he simply told me its not any thing to worry bout.

If I masterbate before intercourse then during intercouse I have less seman, I don't know for sure but I think it takes the body time to build up the seman? so if it's let out and then later a little later hours later it has not built up enough yet? maybe? but I'm not sure .
I think your b/f is normal.

Old 07-19-2005, 12:39 AM   #8

Renn HB User

<<One more thing, he usually orgasms when we are doing it slowly (as opposed to a big, fast, grand finale). And like i read at another post, he does have an awkward way of masturbating- he lies flat, face down and holds his penis between his thumb and index finger and he humps his hand....( dont know if this could be related)>>

There's nothing unusual or "awkward" about the way he masturbates. By no means does every guy lie on his back & passively stroke with his right hand, though that is the most common and most effortless (lazy?) way! It's sometimes referred to as the effeminate way for a guy to get his sex!Masturbating actively, face down, using the hips & buttocks in an up-and-down thrusting motion and humping the bed or a pillow, more or less imitating intercourse, with or without holding the penis in the hand or fingers, is another common method of doing it. And, face it, in a sense it does seem like a more "masculine" way of a guy getting his private satisfaction, putting a little more work into it, than just lying there on his back & letting his hand do all the work! (Incidentally, how do you know how he does this bit of business??)

And yes, his method of pleasuring himself could be related to the fact that in intercourse he climaxes by thrusting slowly as opposed to rapidly. For various reasons I can think of, he most likely thrusts into his hand/the bed slowly and deliberately, rather than jack-hammer-like, and since he's used to approaching and achieving orgasm this way, he repeats it in intercourse. Nothing wrong with that, unless it bothers you.

As for the amount of semen he puts out, I agree with what practically everybody else has said. There's no rule for how much fluid a guy ejaculates--some put out just a few drops, some put out a lot more. A teaspoonful or often less, is what's generally considered "normal." And the fluid varies from being very thick or quite thin.

Closed Thread