It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2005, 05:51 PM   #1
(female)

julie39180 HB User
Question husband & low sex drive?

my husband has had a low sex drive for years. I WAS WOUNDERING, IF ANY OF U HAVE THIS PROBLEM AND WHAT DID U DO FOR IT? should it be a big concern or should we just not worry about it? what would help him get the desire back.... i would love to here from anyone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2005, 06:43 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

princess72 HB User
Re: husband & low sex drive?

Hey...i've been having the same problem. Is your husband on any med's, or anti depressants? Also, how old is he? Mine is 37----and way too young to be having these issue's. He is finally taking control and seeking help. He has an appointment with the urologist this week, and also went to the doc for hormone testing and blood tests. He has no libido and ED. I have been dealing with this for almost 6 yrs!!! Im 33. It is humiliating for him, and everytime i brought it up, the problem got worse. I have been very supportive-----obviously! I got to the point of feeling like it was me, and i wasnt attractive or wanted! I hope we find out something soon. Really there are lots of places to start, first with communicating with him the problem. It is really hard, men tend to have an ego with sex, and you dont want to make him feel "less of a man" it's a very touchy subject. I know it is frusterating---but, support him through it, and you two will figure it out. Good luck to you....................

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2005, 06:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

There are lots of possible causes of low sex drive from having an affair to depression about business or personal problems.

However it can also be an early warning sign for several serious diseases including diabetes, heart disease and brain tumors, so it is important to discover the origin of the problem.

Unfortunately, many men with low sex drive don't view it as a problem either because they are too embarassed to admit the unthinkable or because their condition predisposes them to depression which in turn makes it hard to seek help. That's where you come in.

If he can't help himself then you will have to help him instead, but understand this may well be an enormous struggle. The steps are simple, the execution hard. 1. tell him something is wrong between you and you are concerned about his health and your relationship (you can do this verbally but usually its easier to write a letter to him, concentrate on the facts and his health). 2. make an appointment for him to see a doctor for a physical and ensure blood tests for testosterone, thyroid and prolactin are done. Go with him to the appointment and make sure the doctor hears how unhappy you have been as a couple and how concerned you are.

Btw, I had this problem and I was one of those guys who insisted everything was just fine. In my case I waited too long for help...pride is a bad thing sometimes. Don't let that happen to your guy.

Last edited by orion; 07-18-2005 at 06:49 PM.

Old 07-18-2005, 09:23 PM   #4
(female)

julie39180 HB User
Smile Re: husband & low sex drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess72
Hey...i've been having the same problem. Is your husband on any med's, or anti depressants? Also, how old is he? Mine is 37----and way too young to be having these issue's. He is finally taking control and seeking help. He has an appointment with the urologist this week, and also went to the doc for hormone testing and blood tests. He has no libido and ED. I have been dealing with this for almost 6 yrs!!! Im 33. It is humiliating for him, and everytime i brought it up, the problem got worse. I have been very supportive-----obviously! I got to the point of feeling like it was me, and i wasnt attractive or wanted! I hope we find out something soon. Really there are lots of places to start, first with communicating with him the problem. It is really hard, men tend to have an ego with sex, and you dont want to make him feel "less of a man" it's a very touchy subject. I know it is frusterating---but, support him through it, and you two will figure it out. Good luck to you....................
my husband will be 37 yrs old this month and i will be 35 next month. he is not on any med . and hasnt been to the dr. at all for any test. we had a talk about it the other day for the first time. i alwaz thought it was me. he has no problem getting it up or getting off but he just dont want it but maybe 1x a week or every 2 weeks. im hoping maybe he will go to a regular dr. just to have test run and then we can go from there. but yea he has an ego and probably wont go...

Old 07-18-2005, 10:57 PM   #5
(male)

Jack Saturn HB User

When men pass 30,things start to fall:the chest falls to the belly,the hair falls to the floor,and somewhere in the years that follow,so does a man's Testosterone level.Unless there are other more serious symptoms other than those stated,this is fersure da place to begin.Ask him if:
1)he feels his strength and endurance falling.
2)he still wakes up with a morning erection.
3)he's gaining weight(fat)
4)he's losing interest in sex(NOT YOU!!),just sex,in general.
5)he feels less"manly"of late
If he says "yes"to 2 or more,I betcha hebegotda low Test.
A simple blood test will yield the answer.Jack Saturn

Closed Thread