It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2005, 11:14 PM   #1
(male)

Melbs HB User
Hickey on Penis... will it go!

Hey all... just wondering, i got a hickey on the end of my penis the other night... about 35 hours ago. It instantly was there straight away, so its safe to say its blood under the surface from sucking too hard. It concerns me that it might be there permanantly! Im stressing, its hopefully too early to tell how permanant it is, but it dosent look the nicest.

Do you think it'll go away within say a week? Has anyone ever had this and had it subsided?

Its been a while since ive had a hickey anyway, even on the neck, also how long does a neck hickey last?

Old 07-22-2005, 12:06 AM   #2
(male)

dakels HB User
Re: Hickey on Penis... will it go!

heh, I wouldn't worry about it. "Hickey's" are a result of excessive pressure/sucking which causes small capillaries to break causing bruiding. It is not usually dangerous. Your penis, especially on the head is more sensitive to this due to many blood vessels.

It should start gradually fading within a few days and be clear in a week or 2 depending on the severity. If you see any sort of contusions, severe discoloration or pain after several days, you may want to consult your physician.

[I am not a doctor]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2005, 05:23 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Zagreus HB User

Yes, it should disappear. (I've had this happen). But it won't necessarily go quickly. If you have any concerns, see a doc.

Old 07-23-2005, 05:53 AM   #4
(male)

Melbs HB User

Cheers for the replys....

I thought id do a follow up for anyone who may have a similar concern. It has been 5 days now and it has dramatically faded to be almost gone. So i m less worried now. The concern was in the embarresment of having a permanant red/brown discolouration ever present, but it appears that with a hickey... that won't be the case. Thanks again...

Closed Thread