It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2005, 09:42 AM   #1

uberchauch HB User
Sex without a condom

My girlfriend and I have been in a relationship for about four months. We are planning to have sex. This will be my first partner, I will be her second. We have both been tested and are clean, and she is on the birth control pill.

In that case, would it be okay to have sex without a condom? Is there anything else that I should be concerned about?

Thanks.

Old 07-20-2005, 09:52 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

pcantona HB User
Re: Sex without a condom

Well..the usual. Sex without condom may cause std/diseases and may cause pregnancy even with the birth control pill. Some drug interactions may cancel out the BC pill. Make sure that she is open for "2nd option" if pregnancy occurs. Unless you are ready to be a father ofcourse. Other than that. Yes sex without condom is WAY better and less intrusive and frustrating and more natural. How ever it does have its draw backs like mentioned above.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2005, 10:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcantona
Sex without condom may cause std/diseases
Sex without a condom will never ever CAUSE any STD or disease. Unprotected sex between two people cannot create an STD out of thin air. One of the partners has to already have it in order for it to be an STD.

If you are clean, then STDs are not a factor. But pregnancy is still a remote possibility because no method is 100%. Make sure you have discussed what you will do if that happens.

Also, not to say you can't trust your gf, but guys only have ONE opportunity to prevent pregnancy, and that's when they chose to put on a condom - or not. If you don't, you are totally leaving everything else up to her, and any mistakes she might make.

If YOU don't want to be a father, YOU make sure you take responsibility. If you are absolutely positive she will take her pills correctly, and nothing will go wrong, that's your choice.

Old 07-20-2005, 10:15 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

pcantona HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisby
Sex without a condom will never ever CAUSE any STD or disease. Unprotected sex between two people cannot create an STD out of thin air. One of the partners has to already have it in order for it to be an STD.
No but not everyone that has sex is honest. You can meet the most sweetest girl and get engaged and she can have 3 guys on the side that he doesn't know about. Most people are not honest with how, when, who they have sex with. So yeah this is about trust and no ofcourse you don't get STDs out of thin air, I didnt say that!. My g/f said this..I love and trust you enough to TAKE the risk to get an STD or even HIV. That pretty much says it all!

Old 07-20-2005, 10:26 AM   #5
(male)

bust1too HB User

I've never had sex with a women (except my current 4 year one that I live with) that I did NOT use a condom. For me, I didn't mind using one. The piece of mind that I had everytime I slide one off after sex, knowing where every little seed I had was..... made sex and all the days after that better! Wrap it up! You'll be glad you did. The sensation isn't much different and you might even last a little longer because of it. That is good for her.

Old 07-20-2005, 11:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

pcantona, I don't know if you are missing my point or what, but you said unprotected sex can CAUSE STDs. All I'm saying is that it can't. Sure, it can spread them - or transmit tem, to use the word in the name - but when there are actually people out there who think you can get STDs out of thin air just by having sex, I think it's important to distinguish between the two, and you're only confusing the matter.

Unprotected sex does not CAUSE stds. Period. That's all I'm saying.

Old 07-20-2005, 12:48 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

Zagreus HB User

If neither of you has a communicable disease and you are both absolutely monogamous, and she is conscientious with the birth control pill, things should be fine. Yeast infections and the like can still present an occasional problem perhaps, or a potential urinary tract infection. Nothing is 100% certain. My wife and I used the birth control pill alone for the first years of our marriage and things were fine. We now use condoms because she is diabetic and the pill is riskier for women with diabetes. There are some potential side effects with the pill that your partner should discuss with her physician.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:33 PM   #8

ZeroJester HB User

Sex without a condom, as everyone here has already said, can cause unfortunate reprocussions, those being children or STD's. However, the sensation of sex without a condom is better and does feel more natural. With a condom, the stimulation from sexual intercourse is dulled down a bit, and although still enjoyable, just not as intense. I would advise however, that you do use a condom. Be safe about it, do it for your own physical health, and peace of mind. Be it that you want to try the all natural way sometime in the future, that is up to you.

Old 07-21-2005, 04:16 PM   #9
(female)

beck12 HB User

If you're worried about decreased stimulation you can also try the female condom - not sure how all men think of it, but my guy liked it better & I did too. Not sure what makes the big difference, but you can work with it, try other forms of protection along the way.

Closed Thread