It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2005, 11:43 AM   #1
(male)

leanbest909 HB User
Help! My nipples are too small!

I am a 28 year old male who has had smaller than normal nipples my whole life, especially the areola part. I have been teased about them for about 15 years now. I'm always embarrassed to take off my shirt at the pool or to run or anything like that. I tried a pump to stretch them out, but they just shrink again. I live with my girlfriend, and I don't want her to ever know that I have to use a pump on them. It is so embarrassing. Is there any other way that I can get permanently larger nipples that I don't have to worry about?

Old 07-29-2005, 05:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User
Re: Help! My nipples are too small!

Men & women each have different size nipples & areolas. It is normal.
My areola are smooth & about the size of a silver dollar, the nipples are about 1/4 diameter. I am male.

I never heard of a man complaining about them being too small, it is usually because they are too big.

Do you always wear a shirt around her? If not, has she complained about the size?

Last edited by JinL; 07-29-2005 at 05:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2005, 10:45 AM   #3
(male)

leanbest909 HB User

She has seen me without a shirt on, but it is after I have used the pump to expand them. I want them to stay paermanently larger. My areola and nipples can get as small as a dime or maybe even smaller. I have been laughed at my entire life for this. That's why I want to make them bigger.

Old 07-29-2005, 06:06 PM   #4
(male)

Big Dan HB User

My nipples are pretty small. I thought men were supposed to have small nipples. If your nipples were big, you'd probably get teased even more.

Old 08-02-2005, 12:06 PM   #5
(male)

Polarbear2 HB User

Can I assume that you have been teased your for the ‘last 15 years’ by one person (ie: your brother) It seems kind of odd that you would have multiple people, from different walks of life,, at different times during your 28 years, all tease you about some insignificant part of your body that is coverage most of the time and within the normal range all of the time. If your nipple was growing out of your forehead, of you had nipples that were 3 inches long and bright green, then maybe…but you are normal.

I would suspect that if it is one person, then the teasing could just have easily been about your nose, the length of your big toe, or your ‘outie’ bellybutton. That person has picked up on your insecurity about a very minor thing, and has amplified it out of proportion only to bug the he** out of your. IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING.

It would be oversimplifying things to tell you to just ignore it and move on. I would however, suggest that you stop focusing on what you can’t (and don’t need to) change, and focus on what the how you can change your relationship with your tormentor, and work on how you can take back the power you have given them. You need to change yourself physiologically, not physically.

Small nipples are not your main problem, believing they are is.

Old 08-02-2005, 02:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

I was just thinking the same thing as polarbear2. It seems like such a strange thing to tease a guy about! I think who ever has been teasing you has found a nice button of yours to push. Personally, I think they must be pretty desperate to tease you if that's the best they can come up with. LOL.

Small nipples on a guy should NOT be a concern. Depending on who's doing the teasing, try turning it around and mock their big giant nipples, the freaks. (Kidding.)

But seriously, I'm sure they're doing it to bug you, not because there's anything wrong with small nipples. They're all wonderful.

Old 08-15-2005, 05:55 AM   #7
(male)

leanbest909 HB User

It is easy to tell me to ignore it, and I wish I could. But this teasing has come from all types of people. If I had to guess, I would say that probably around 200 different people have made fun of them throughout the course of my life. It makes me think that those who don't are being polite. I know it is probably more psychological than anything, but I would definitely feel more confident if mine were larger.

Old 08-16-2005, 06:20 AM   #8
(male)

Polarbear2 HB User

I don’t mean to seem condescending, but please take another (inward) look at what your perceptions are, and how others are actually seeing you. To say that 200 different people have teased you about small nipples seems…..bizarre. In my 31 years, I couldn’t say that 200 people have noticed anything about my nipples, much less whether they were out of the norm. At the beach, in parks, at a public pool, no one cares. Unless you are on public display, or suffering some military / college style hazing humiliation, I REALLY DOUBT that what you say is true.

If you do think it is true, then I would suggest that you investigate the ‘Net for BODY DISMORPHIA DISORDER (BDD). It is a common issue where the sufferer starts to obsess over some part of their body being imperfect, as well as believing that others also see them that way. Whether it is obsession over too much body fat, too little muscle size, penis size, or any number of similar issues, professional help is available. For your own sake, please get that help.

Old 08-21-2005, 09:32 AM   #9
(male)

monarch15 HB User
Talking In response to this issue

It is interesting because I just got online today to look up info on this same situation (small nipples). I am 36, and too have dealt with the teasing, etc all of my life. I have to say that it is one of those rare instances where if you don't deal with the difference then you don't understand. Plus, it is so easy to judge the situation and say that it is a psychological issue. I have been teased most of my life as well, growing up I always wore a shirt, even in the pool. It came to a point where I just got annoyed by the teasing all the time. ...or not necessarily the teasing but just the acknowledgement from people that they were so small as if I didn't know. In my 20's I little by little began getting over it because adults aren't as bad as children when it comes to teasing. But it is like anything, people are always looking for something to talk about.
I started working out to build some confidence in my body to help over ride the issue, which has helped a lot. unfortunately your nipples are very strategically placed right in the middle focal point of your body so they are always there to be seen. Luckily I am hairy as well which also helps hide the issue.
Anyway, I am saying all of that to say this, I understand your issue, and I too would like to know of a way to increase the size of my nipples, not so much to stop the teasing, people staring, etc but for my own self confidence, much the same way a woman may want breast enlargements.
Lastly, i just want to say that most people have something that they deal with that they don't like about themselves, whether it is extra weight, crooked teeth, small breasts, big thighs, balding (which I deal with as well), but it isn't necessarily a psychological issue if it is in deed true that you have small nipples, and I don't believe that there is anything wrong with wanting more for yourself if it makes you feel normal and fit into this judgemental society. So, if anyone does have any information on if there is a way of increasing the size of small nipples please pass it along, I would love to know what it is. Thanks.

...oh, i do have one more response for the moment, polarbear stated this, "Small nipples are not your main problem, believing they are is." That has to be one of the most ignorant things that I have read on here. Either they are small or they're not, I am sure that he, as well as I, know the difference. Simply trying to believe differently doesn't make them bigger nor make anyone else think they are bigger therefore stopping the joking. ...and believe me, comments like that do not solve the issue. yes, there is something psychological to it but don't over analyze it.

Last edited by monarch15; 08-21-2005 at 12:56 PM.

Old 08-21-2005, 11:36 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

It does seem odd that you say that over 200 people have teased you about this. How could that many people even be in a position to see your nipples, much less tease you? Especially since you say that you stay covered up at the pool and the gym. And what kind of person would tease about such a thing? I think you really need to look at what is wrong with the person doing the teasing! Plus you say you live with your girlfriend, clearly she isn't bothered by them!

Having said that, have you considered medical tattooing? Basically an experienced tattoo artist can give you more nipple. This is often done for women after mastectomies. I knew a woman who had it done and it was amazing. Even from close up you could not tell, because the shading and coloration was so perfect. I would think that if they can create an entire nipple from nothing, they can certainly enhance what you have.

Also, you say you have used a pump? Are your nipples also inverted? The only way to permanently correct inverted nipples is with surgery. All of those creams and things are just scams. Good luck.

Old 08-22-2005, 10:13 AM   #11
(male)

Polarbear2 HB User

Belief and perception are very powerful influences in our lives. The balding single man who won’t go out on dates does not have his hair to blame. The woman with an A cup who does not go to the beach does not have her breasts to blame. Is it physical, yes, I can’t deny that, but the fact is that it creates no barrier. When there is a cosmetic (not physiological) attribute that acts as a barrier to the enjoyment of anything…it is a psychological barrier. When that barrier is reinforced by looks, stares, teasing or awkward questions, the self imposed psychological aspect is even greater. The physical reality and the perception of that reality are often not equivalent.

I applaud that you are working-out to help with the issue and strengthen your self-esteem. You are changing the belief in your own self-worth, changing your psychological perspective for the better. I am asking no less of the earlier poster.

Focusing on something the general population would consider insignificant reeks of an unhealthy focus or obsession. Treatment is available.

I stand by my original ignorant statement: “Small nipples are not your main problem, believing they are is.”

Old 09-07-2005, 02:47 PM   #12
(male)

leanbest909 HB User

No - actually small nipples are the problem. I'm not the only one who believes they are. I had a group of people making fun of them last year. I think it is way to easy to have your opinion when you are reading this and not experiencing it. I used to play organized sports in high school and college - lots of shirts and skins opportunities - that's how so many people made fun of them. And I don't swim with a shirt on. Believe me - it is pretty psychologically damaging when people laugh at you.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:04 AM   #13
(male)

james438 HB User

Hi My nipples are small as well probably about the size of and M & M and as I am in the military i often have to get naked with loads of other men ( i am straight). I had never been bothered about my nipples before untill one guy pointed it out and everyone started to notice. Unfortunately the one guy has a big gob and so was telling everyone. This made me feel a bit insecure so like yourself i checked to see it was normal. A lot of people just say that men aren't meant to have small nipples but when you compare them to other peoples thats when you notice the difference. I've never had a women say anything about them so i take it there is nothing to worry about. There's not much that can be done about it so you just have to accept it and now you know your not alone out there

Closed Thread