It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2005, 05:11 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dido_H HB User
Still virgin but BF is Not!!!!!!!

I am 28 and my BF is 46 with 2 kids. Obviously he had full sex all his adult life till he knew me Now because I don't want to lose virginity to him before I am 100% sure that he's the right person for me and through marriage, we did not have full sex yet. We sleep together and we have wonderful oral sex and he comes sometimes 3 times a day. But I am wondering does this satisfy his sexual desires till we tie the knot? or should I feel guilty about being virgin ?
Thanks
D

Last edited by Dido_H; 08-06-2005 at 05:12 PM.

Old 08-06-2005, 08:58 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User
Re: Still virgin but BF is Not!!!!!!!

CAn I ask you why you think you are remaining a virgin when you guys are obviously having sex, performing oral and he's coming three times a day? Don't you think your virginitiy is just a technicality? And, didn't Bill Clinton try to convince Hilary by using the same argument?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2005, 10:54 PM   #3
(female)

AsWeSlipAway HB User

Obviously it depends on what you defination of virgin is....personally I consider it intercourse. (Which btw I'm a virgin too)

Is he on you about having sex or does in understand your reasoning? I think that if he isn't bothering you about it, then he is okay with it. Not that he doesn't want to have sex with you, but he's willing to wait. I don't think you should feel guilty about being a virgin, plus its not like he's getting nothing from you Maybe you should ask him how he feels about it.

Old 08-07-2005, 07:21 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Dido_H HB User

hrnygoat, I am with him because I love him, age is not a big issue in my mind. cflas, I am not a virgin in the sense that I never had sex with him at all, but in the sense that we never had intercourse. My worry is not whether I am virgin, but to know that when he's used to having a certain kind of sex, how frustrated he might be if he doesn't have it anymore.
AsWeSlipAway, thanks a lot for your helpful reply. Yes we spoke about it and, you are right, he seems to be enjoying our sex life a lot. He's willing to wait --not for long though --we are planning to get married very soon. The thing is I want if men could really reduce their sexual activities without feeling frustrated about it.

Old 08-07-2005, 07:33 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User

But what I haven't heard from you is what the two of your have talked about, how your have reasoned and negotiated this situation. You have told what you think his expectations are but not,in fact, what he has told you. You're right, everything about "to be a virgin or not to be a virgin" is pure semantics.

But I would be really interested in hearing about how he feels about this situation. Chris

Old 08-07-2005, 08:55 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Dido_H HB User

Thanks Chris for your reply.
Well he says that he's very happy with me sexually, and actually thinks that I have a strong sexual drive. He's my first serious relationship (I live with him). However, he keeps on expressing his desires to have full sex with me. When we argue, he says that I am "not a woman"!!!!!! I explained to him that he's lowering the word "woman" if he thinks that womanhood is simply letting a man penetrate!!!!!!! For me, it means a lot more. That said, he keeps on calling me "my wonderful woman". And he mentioned that he never had such strong sex with any one before (ex-s with kids included). He doesn't much like my values but I don't want to give my body completely to someone before I am 100% sure that I want to and importantly through marriage. This probably makes him insecure because it implies that I don't trust him enough. He doesn't lay a lot of stress on marriage but is willing to wait. Hope that I am making things clearer although I really find him very hard to understand
D

Last edited by Dido_H; 08-07-2005 at 08:59 AM.

Old 08-07-2005, 09:08 AM   #7
(female)

pamstransky HB User

good for you too many men and women are jumping into sex with out really thinking about the conseqences both physical and emotional

Old 08-07-2005, 09:27 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Cinemagic HB User

You should never feel guilty about anything you honestly feel is the right thing to do for you. Asking other people is asking what their individual morals are. They simply do not apply to you. I will tell you that I would not date someone or very long if I didn't have sex with them. IMO, I would not like to get married or live in a committed relationship with someone I was sexually incompatible with. I have had enough women to know that I can be a stallion with most, but a real loser with a few. Not that they were bad, just that we weren't sexually compatible. But my morals do not preclude me from pre-marital sex. If your morals tell you not to have p-re-marital sex, then don't do it. As for his satisfaction, same goes for him. If he's happy with your present arrangement and loves you, then he's happy and satisfied. If he wasn't satisfied, you'd know it. He'd probably start making snide comments or out and out complaining. You do what is right for you and if you need to know about his satisfaction, come out and ask him.

Old 08-07-2005, 09:28 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User

Well, now I am concerned. I know that you're living with him and all. And I still think that it's odd that you have consumated the relationship, especially since your living with him (and, contrary to panstransky, they are having sex, just not intercourse), I am more deeply disturbed by his references that you are not a woman. I mean, here you are, sleeping with him, have oral sex with him (frequently, I might add) I suspect also fixing meals, doing laundry, etc etc and he has the balls to suggest that the only that that will make you 'a complete woman' is that he has to have intercourse with you.

This is really strange. So, how long have you two not been having intercourse. Have you ever had intercourse before and how do this guy differ from the other guy. And, when you do have sexual contact, do you tell each other that you "love" them?

Lots of stuff to deal with, huh? chris

Old 08-07-2005, 10:06 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Dido_H HB User

Thanks Pamnstransky,

Thanks Cinemagic for your honest and fair opinion:. I find it very helpful to know what men think. You are absolutely right, each of us should either accept the way the other is, or just look for other partners who would make us more happy. I compromised a lot by living and sleeping with him. He did the same by not being unfaithful physically, which suggests to me that we are both trying to reach a middleground where we can understand each other but at the same time practise our different values. I also agree with you that a married or committed couple must be sexually compatible. I think that we know each other's sexual needs, pleasures and frustrations. In general, we think that our sex life is way better than of any average couple who are having full sex. He thinks that I am too wild. But I love it. So on the whole I think that we are sexualy very compatible.

Chris, I think you asked the question that I always ask myself: Does he think that women are sex objects? If so, then it is really an issue of concern and I won't in the least be proud to be his woman. I told him this. But it seems that he expresses his doubts about my womanhood only and only if we have some argument. Yet this is bad enough. Some Irish fella who saw us once in a pub told me that he might be feeling insecure with me. In general, men try to approach me a lot and even girls told him that he's so lucky to be with me. I didn't have intercourse with any of the men I knew in the past, and he's the closest I got to physically. we love each other passionately and he doesn't stop kissing me and telling me that he loves me while in bed. I do the same to him and love doing it and love looking at his face when we are in bed. We always wake up very close in the morning. I am always in his arms.

Last edited by Dido_H; 08-07-2005 at 10:09 AM.

Old 08-07-2005, 10:42 AM   #11
(male)

goingcommando HB User

There is no way to be 100 percent sure about anyone. That's why we who are married commit not only to the person but also to the marriage. We all will disappoint each other sooner or later. The old Love Story movie which came out in the 60's had a byline in it that said, "Love is never having to say you're sorry." That is the biggest lie that could ever be told. Love is always being able to say you're sorry. The way I look at this is that you are married already. Maybe it is time to commit to the marriage. I hear a lot of people saying that all they want is a "long-term" relationship. My question to them is "How Long?" A month, six months, a year, two years....How about a lifetime? This type of commitment takes a lot of work because we are all so flawed. But, WOW!! It's worth it when you get to the point where your spouse truly chooses to love you not because you meet their needs or they meet your needs, but because they love you in spite of your frailties and faults. That's powerful love. More on this at a later time.

Old 08-09-2005, 05:15 AM   #12
(male)

PokerHot HB User

All as I think is that you have some control/anxiety problem, that somehow if he leaves and you allowed him "sex" then you will have "lost" in some sort of game you are playing in your mind.

Everything in life is a risk allow yourself to take a risk. You have a fear of failure in my mind.

Its like you have waited so long that the pressure has backed up, that if your reason for waiting does not work then you have wasted all those years waiting...

perhaps I am completely wrong..but thats what appears to me..

Old 08-09-2005, 06:43 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Music4All HB User

I see no fear of failure in you. I see you as a person that internalized your values and you are simply struggling with keeping to those values. This is normal. Remaining a virgin has nothing to do with manipulation or fear of failure; it has everything to do with making a choice, for many reasons that are meaningful to you, and staying with that choice.

It is well established that pre-marital sexual compatibility is no indicator as to how sexually compatible things will be one, three, five years into the marriage. This board is rife with people posting problems that include saying how explosive and frequent and mutually satisfying sex was before marriage only to post how unsatisfying and infrequent sex is now for them.

Love, selflessness, commitment, a desire to sacrifice and give to your partner is what makes great sex in the long term. No testing of the waters is necessary if these qualities exist. If they don't exist, finding sexual compatibility is a very temporary indicator of future happiness or continued sexual compatibility.

Stick to your values, whatever they are.

Last edited by Music4All; 08-09-2005 at 06:43 AM.

Old 08-09-2005, 02:44 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Dido_H HB User

Thanks Poker and Music
Pokerhot, Nop I am not afraid of losing my virginity to him out of fear of loss/failure. Definitely not. Don't you think that I am risking a lot giving him emotionally and mentally more than anyone else would? Isn't the emotional loss bigger than the physical one if he ever leaves? I live with him and love him to bits. Besides, I live in England where men place little value on whether I am a virgin or not, so it's not like I can't find anyone if I lose my virginity to him.And nop, I don't have any games in my mind, exactly the opposite. I don't think that your message makes a lot of sense to me and I don't know how you could read my mind and judge that I am playing a game.

Music4All, thanks for insightful message. You are absolutely right, no one can guarantee harmony, sexual or otherwise. A friend of mine got divorced from her husband after she committted herself to their marriage and had a child with him, but she's the biggest winner despite obviously giving him a lot physically. She decided that they don't get on as a couple anymore and she's nothing but happier now without him. It's largely a matter of principle that I want to keep a physical distance for the time being, without risking having a baby or other things while I am doing my last PhD year. My BF proposed to me only few weeks ago. We flew back home and he asked my dad permission for us to get married. Then , we both decided to delay it for a while because we have our PhDs as a priority and marriage would at least distract me becuase I won't want to leave the bed anymore only joking

D

Last edited by Dido_H; 08-09-2005 at 02:51 PM.

Old 08-09-2005, 05:06 PM   #15
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User

Please understand, I am not trying to beat a dead horse and whether you decide to have intercourse wiht him or not is purely a decision you will have to make in time. However, it still concerns me that he has this unique but cruel way of putting you down and attacking your womanhood, your actual personhood, because of the decision you make. Is there a possibility that, if you give in on this area (which is of great importance to you) because of what he says about you that he could "up the ante?" I mean what's next. Just be careful, girl...these moments are defining who you are..chris

Closed Thread