It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2005, 10:27 AM   #1
(male)

Tehhet HB User
Kinda strange problem

Well, let's start with more usual problem at first.
For three months or so I had ocassional problems with urination. They are actually very very mild, sometimes barely noticable, but include very mild burning sensation, and feeling that "few drops are left" in the canal. Not in bladder, but exactly in canal. I have absolutely no other symptoms that can be related either with bladder infections or with prostate problems - those are absolutely only two.
I made some tests (bacteriogram, and also tests for candida, chlamidia, ureaplasma and mycoplasma) and they all came back negative. One of my friends has chronic prostatitis, and his symptoms are quite similar so maybe that's the case here too.
Just to note - problems are not persistant. I have them for few days, then I feel perfectly okay for few days, and so on....

But yesterday I noticed rather strange thing. Body (or tissue actually because it's under the skin) of my penis is somewhat hardened in "normal" state, without erection. There is no lump, and all thing is not lumpy at all, it's completely flat and it's all along, only a bit harder then it should be when penis is not erected. It's kinda like having erection without enlargment (I can achieve normal erection with enlargment as well).

Just to mention I noticed that yesterday and I am pretty sure it wasn't like this before.

I asked few friends and they told me they never felt similar thing, but my father told me that he had similar thing many times when he was younger, always lasted for few days, sometimes even for less time, but that he definitely experienced it.

Can this be related to prostate somehow? (because at this moment I am in period of "few days" with mild problems).
I am also kinda scared that it can be urethral cancer, although they always mention "lump" as a symptom, and it's not lump at all - everything is flat just harder then it should be.

Maybe even Peyronie's disease?

If anyone has any suggestions (especially if someone had same condition, so that I know that I am not only one in the world ) I would be grateful if you let me know.

Oh, by the way, I am 30 years old.

Thanks in advance,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2005, 04:17 PM   #2
Inactive

kramsrednuas HB User
Re: Kinda strange problem

I don't have any guidance but I am going through the same thing. I have an appointment with a urologist on Friday, I'll let you know what he says.

I have tested negative for all STD's as that was my first course of action. I also had a doctor put me on 10 days of doxycycline for Non Specific Urethritis however that did not work either.

Old 08-09-2005, 01:20 AM   #3
(male)

Tehhet HB User
Re: Kinda strange problem

thanks for your response.
actually, I was at my urologist today, yesterday he called me to come when he heard about that "hard body" story because he thought it was Peyronie's. However, now when he made exam and touched it he said that it's normal, maybe little bit more hard then usual but completely normal - well, since he called me immidiately I suppose that he checked it appropriately, and he is experienced, so mabye it's just a little bit hard but inside normal limits - and I noticed that it's not like that all the time, so it can be some kind of reaction as well since I am touching it all the time to see if maybe it turned soft in last 10 minutes .
He checked my prostate as well and also said it's normal (although he mentioned that it only means that I don't have abnormal growths or acute prostatitis, but chronic one is still possibility).
As for negative tests he told me that especially with males tests can be falsely negative, and also infection can be a bit deeper and not in area where they took sample - so he suggest me that my wife does all those tests as well.

Good luck with your exam, and let me know if there are some other suggestions from your doc (of course, who knows if we do have same thing after all)

Closed Thread