It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2005, 01:52 PM   #1
(male)

HANGMANBLUES HB User
Question Orgasm Trouble

I'm a 21 year-old male. Only in the past month did I lose my virginity. In the dozen or so times my partner and I have had sex, she has reached orgasm regularly while I've only done so once.

Little bit of a reversal, I know. It's not for lack of trying on either of our parts as she is experienced and more than willing to do whatever it takes. There is no problem achieving or maintaining erection on my part.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any suggestions or theories? The only other background I can think to give is that I'm currently taking 60 mg (one tablet) of Cymbalta daily for depression and anxiety.

Old 08-09-2005, 02:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Re: Orgasm Trouble

Hey bud, I'd say two things. First, since you've just recently lost your virginity that may be playing a role here. OUr penis gets very trained to our masturbation technique...grip, speed, manner in which we masturbate...and try as we may, we simply can't duplicate a vagina. However, I suspect in your case that its the meds that are causing this, depression meds are known for their effect both on erections (not your problem) but moreso on ejaculation! I'd suggest that you talk with your doc, he/she may be able to change the medication or the dosage and see if that will help. Do some research on that med and see what type of side effects you find...I bet one will be exactly what you're dealing with. Hang in there, keep trying and have fun. By the way, is it also true when you masturbate?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2005, 10:37 AM   #3
(female)

lostinreality HB User

He's right masturbating alot conditions yourself to that type of stimulation and a women's body just can't compete.

Alot of antidepressants cause problems. Some kill the libido and some like paxil make it hard to climax. Wellbutrin is one that doesn't seem to have this problem.

Old 08-09-2005, 03:23 PM   #4
(male)

HANGMANBLUES HB User

Good point on the transition from masturbating to actual sex. I should bring the situation up with my psychiatrist since he's the one who prescribed the medicine. To answer Lance's question, I very rarely have any trouble reaching climax when masturbating. Thanks for your input guys.

Old 08-10-2005, 06:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Hey hangmanblues,

My bf is on medication for anxiety and it takes forever for him to climax. He has no problems achieving or maintaining an erection but it can get very frustrating for him when he can't finish up. If it would make you feel better, you should talk to your psychiatrist about it.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:01 PM   #6
(male)

HANGMANBLUES HB User

BostonGirl: It can be very frustrating, apparently for my girlfriend too since sometimes she won't let herself climax unless I do. Makes her feel like she's "doing a bad job" which isn't the case at all. Sadly enough I don't even get the post-non-orgasm pains (can't use the slang version...starts with a color, ends with sports equipemtn) much anymore. I do plan to ask my psychiatrist about it. Thanks.

Old 08-11-2005, 03:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Hangman: I understand how your girlfriend feels. I hope you let her know that it's not anything she's doing wrong but that it could be because of the medication. For me, it takes a while to orgasm so my bf can take as long as he needs haha. Hope everything works out for you.

Closed Thread