It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2005, 06:06 PM   #1
(male)

Bananagoof HB User
Touching while asleep

Here's a scenario that I'd like to get some opinions on:

There are two people sleeping in a bed. One person is attracted to the other, and while that other person is asleep, the first person touches the second's clothed genital area.

Is this rape? How would you feel being the one recieving the unwanted touching? How would you feel being the person doing the touching? Should the toucher admit their mistake to the other person, or remain quiet afterwards, hoping they didn't feel or notice it? Has the one being touched been victimized?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2005, 06:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Re: Touching while asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananagoof
Here's a scenario that I'd like to get some opinions on:

There are two people sleeping in a bed. One person is attracted to the other, and while that other person is asleep, the first person touches the second's clothed genital area.

Is this rape? How would you feel being the one recieving the unwanted touching? How would you feel being the person doing the touching? Should the toucher admit their mistake to the other person, or remain quiet afterwards, hoping they didn't feel or notice it? Has the one being touched been victimized?
Hi,
NO it's not rape if there was no penetration with the penis.(debateable)
however it is wrong to touch a person like that if your just friends and not in a romatic relationship.

I don't think I really understand just what your saying?..why in the world would the two people be sharing the same bed in the first place?
I would say the one being touched is the victim..its wrong to be violated in any sexual way sleeping or other wise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2005, 06:44 PM   #3
(male)

manofthemoment HB User

This is a very senstive question which can have many answers.1st of all if you did that to someone (touch) i dont think it would be classed as rape.If the person you were sleeping with asked you before hand not to touch them while asleep , well then yes you have committed a crime.This then can lead them to say not to let it happen again or they may call in the law.On the other hand if your sleeping with someone , they must know that they are opening themselfs to been brushed against or touched though the night either on purpose or by accident.
If the other person has requested not to be touched though the night and you do , well then you are taking the matter to the level of pre-knowledge set up .What i mean by that is , that you have planned all along to touch or feel even when asked not too , in this case the answer is yes and you are again committing a crime.

If your spending the night with someone and the urge gets too much , the best thing to do is leave the bed and sleep on the lounge.Another option is to talk and have a clearer understanding before you sleep together on what is ok and what is out of bounds.

Old 08-10-2005, 07:15 AM   #4
(male)

chromer roller HB User

You really need to be specific and post whether you are the toucher or the touchee and what the circumstances were. I'm sure there are plenty of instances like camping, or even studying together that present "sleeping together" opportunities. Obviously, when there is an attraction, things can become physical, but taking advantage of someone while they sleep is a violation. Before this happens again, you need to have a talk with the other person. These boards can be very beneficial, but not when vague generalizations are made.

Closed Thread