It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2005, 07:15 AM   #1
(male)

cronic_worrier HB User
Mysterious vein on penis...or is it?

Upon a random inspection of my penis i found what appears to be a small vein (i hope) just to the right of the the strap of skin which attaches the skin to the penis head. It dissapears with pressure, causes no pain and certainly appears to have the colouration of a small vein...however, six month ago i did something which will haunt me forever and i gave in to seduction. I recieved oral sex from a woman who had a colesore...stupid i know, but you guys can understand when i say the brain in my penis took over. I went to the clinic to get checked out and got the all clear, but they told me they couldnt test for herpes. I did my own research online and apparently a small lesion appears before spliting open to form the sore... Now me being a cronic worrier i put two and two together and get 54... is this thing on my penis a vein or could it possibly be a lesion? I know its been 6 months and i may very well be doing what i do best and worrying myself ill... can somone please shed some light for me before i worry myself into a nervous breakdown, thanks...Cronic Worrier.

Old 08-14-2005, 07:43 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Cinemagic HB User
Re: Mysterious vein on penis...or is it?

First, there are tests available for herpes. They range from testing the fluid from an open sore to blood tests that look for specific DNA sequences. A simple online search will yield the tests involved. Second, a vein is not a herpetic lesion. A herpetic sore will start as an itchy spot and progress to being a little more painful, though not overly so. Then a small vesicle appears, pops and then a small round ulcer appears that is tender to the touch. You can be infectious from the first sign of the outbreak until healing is complete. Generally, herpes type I is the typical cold sores on the mouth. Herpes type II is genital. While they have slightly different DNA, there is cross infectivity between the areas. That being, type I can be transmitted to the genitals and vice versa. You may or may not have gotten herpes from her, but in any event, I'd suggest avoiding kissing or receiving oral sex when the cold sore is present. The vein is probably normal, but when in doubt, have a urologist check it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2005, 03:51 PM   #3
(male)

cronic_worrier HB User
Re: Mysterious vein on penis...or is it?

Well its gone... the vein looking thing dissapeared... but thank a million for the advice on herpes, just to make sure we're on the same page, i dont actually have a lesion or a coldsore... i thought i was getting one, but turned out to be a vein.. im going to the docs anyway to be on the safe side, but thank you very much for your help.

Closed Thread