It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2005, 05:55 PM   #1
(female)

diavolin HB User
Question about upcoming surgery...

I was wondering if anybody knew anything about Hypospadias...and if there are any complications associated with using a catheter during surgery?

Or would a catheter even be necessary for back surgery (repairing 2 fractured disks)....

Sorry, just worried, and haven't been able to find any answers on the internet...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2005, 10:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

keil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB User
Thumbs up Re: Question about upcoming surgery...

I had surgery, twice! first was after an accident were I fell and broke the ball off the top of the femor bone (hip) that time they installed a pin and bar in my leg and YES they "inserted" a catheter while I was fully awake! The going in was painful but once set I hardly knew it was there...
It was remover a few days after surgury, no complications, just a little soar. the second surgury was a total hip replacement, no catheter this time!
Best thing to do is talk to your doctor about your conserns, I told my doc all my feelings and state of mind, he answered my questions and explained all proceedures, that put me at ease, even as I walked in to the operating room this time and my surgon was there, after I was sitting on the operating table he asked "how do you feel" I told him "scard"!!!! he assured me everything would be OK and it was.
Good luck and talk and listen to the Doc / Surgon.
Keil

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2005, 12:30 PM   #3
(male)

goingcommando HB User
Re: Question about upcoming surgery...

I have had heart surgery but the catheter was not inserted until I was put to sleep on the operating table. It came out on the third day after surgery. Had no problems. It was a little uncomfortable being removed as was the tube in my neck and two tubes in my chest and belly. But, I never had any complications following this experience.

Old 08-16-2005, 02:18 PM   #4
(female)

punkrokchk2000 HB User
Re: Question about upcoming surgery...

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences...it has put my mind at ease...

Closed Thread