It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2005, 08:29 AM   #1
(male)

jarouc HB User
Question I'm like Superman in bed, but It's gettin old...

Like Superman in that I can last forever. I'm 20 and have always been able to last a long time when havin sex with my girlfriend, especially vaginal sex. However I started taking an anti depressant recently and while I still have a sex drive and can get an erection, I find it almost impossible to reach orgasm when I'm with my girl. I feel like I have no sensitivity in my head. I'm attracted to her and comfortable with her but it's frustrating for both of us. Oddly, I still have no problem reaching orgasm when I masterbait. When I do, I typically hump something rather than use my hand in a sex/thrusting type motion. Could this be related to my problem? I quit masterbaiting for a month or so in the hope that It would make a difference but it didn't. Any light anyone could shed on this for me would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-16-2005, 08:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: I'm like Superman in bed, but It's gettin old...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarouc
Like Superman in that I can last forever. I'm 20 and have always been able to last a long time when havin sex with my girlfriend, especially vaginal sex. However I started taking an anti depressant recently and while I still have a sex drive and can get an erection, I find it almost impossible to reach orgasm when I'm with my girl. I feel like I have no sensitivity in my head. I'm attracted to her and comfortable with her but it's frustrating for both of us. Oddly, I still have no problem reaching orgasm when I masterbait. When I do, I typically hump something rather than use my hand in a sex/thrusting type motion. Could this be related to my problem? I quit masterbaiting for a month or so in the hope that It would make a difference but it didn't. Any light anyone could shed on this for me would be greatly appreciated.

Antidepressants (particularly SSRI's) can affect ability to orgasm. In fact, sexual side effects are the biggest complaint about antidepressants. Most people don't just overcome the side effect, but rather switch to another medication. The Wellbutrin products seem to have the lowest incidence of sexual side effects among all of the SSRI's

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2005, 09:54 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

comeonnow HB User

Just for the record, Wellbutrin isn't an SSRI, as it affects the dopamine level in a person's brain and not the serotonin level like the SSRI's. It's true, though, that Wellbutrin doesn't have the bad sexual side effect reputation that the SSRI's have. I'm on Wellbutrin and my doctor told me that Wellbutrin has the opposite effect (it actually INcreases a person's libido). That's unfortunate for me, though, because I already had a much higher sex drive than my husband. If I were you, I would definitely go to my doctor and mention the sexual side effects that you are experiencing and ask about the possibility of switching to something else.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:26 AM   #4
(male)

MOONCHILD63 HB User

When I was 20 I thought was a superman too.Then at 34 with 1 kid I had to be more like the caped crusader.Now at 42 2 kids I am the joker. Now I know what it means to get it while your young.

Old 08-17-2005, 10:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarouc
I started taking an anti depressant recently and while I still have a sex drive and can get an erection, I find it almost impossible to reach orgasm when I'm with my girl.
That's your problem right there. You should talk to your doc about it and see if there is something you can take instead. SSRIs are brutal, and you should only be taking them if you really really have to, and in conjunction with therapy. They might be a quick fix for some things, but they can cause other problems, like anorgasmia, which is a major complaint against them.

Old 08-17-2005, 07:30 PM   #6
(male)

jarouc HB User

Thanks for the input guys. What I don't understand is why I have no problems reaching orgasm when I masterbait...

Closed Thread