It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2005, 09:01 AM   #1
(female)

D31 HB User
Do guys ever turn down sex?

I have been in a relationship for a year now. We live together, and he is 23 I am 32. Is not normal for a guy of that age or any age for that matter to turn down sex? The reason I got was I am not in the mood. I asked some others what they thought. I was told either he is getting it elsewhere or he does not like woman. Any thoughts? Guys ..

Old 08-17-2005, 09:06 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Zagreus HB User
Re: Do guys ever turn down sex?

Of course men are sometimes not in the mood. I think you're reading too much into this. It sounds to me like he wasn't in the mood or was too tired.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2005, 09:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I agree he is either getting it elsewhere or not into women.
why are you with such a young guy? maybe he thinks of you as his sugar-mama or a mother figure.

Old 08-17-2005, 10:10 AM   #4
(female)

D31 HB User

Well that is what he said he was both tierd and not in the mood. A friend and I were talking and got on the topic , and I mentioned it. She said it was odd, most guys don't turn it down. On the other question why I am with someone so young, well we click with one another, we care about each other love the whole thing... age should not be an issue. Just wanted an un-biased opinion.

Old 08-17-2005, 10:24 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

I imagine most guys wouldn't turn down sex, especially if they weren't getting it regularly - I'm sure those'd jump at any chance - but in a relationship, there's no reason to immediately suspect something is wrong if the guy passes. Well, unless it happens all the time. Maybe he was in a crappy mood ('tired' being his polite term). If it starts to happen all the time, then maybe something's wrong (and not necessarily that he's gay or has something on the side).

Old 08-17-2005, 10:31 AM   #6
(female)

CherryroseQT HB User

Hi!
I'm suprised that people think a guy is going to be in the moood 100% of the time. My boyfriend works 10 hours/ day sometimes more. Stress and tiredness are often reasons men have for not wanting to participate in sex.

From your post it sounded like he only turned it down once!?!? I would say if it's not consistently that he turns it down don't jump to any silly conclusions.

If you find that he turns down sex all the time and you can't attribute it to raised stress levels or tiredness I would simply ask him about it.

Have you lost interest in having sex with me?
Is there something I can do help get you in the mood?

I know what your going through and it's always easy to assume the "worst-case-scenario". Generally, it's not the worst case scenario...it's just what your guy said "He was tired" that it!

Good Luck!

Old 08-17-2005, 10:32 AM   #7
(female)

D31 HB User

Well it is not like we never have sex. I guess I just thought it was odd. Like any relationship in the beginning you do more. And now not so much. Thanks for your response.

Old 08-17-2005, 03:59 PM   #8
(female)

pamstransky HB User

i can understand sometimes i am not in the mood (pams husband) but 99% of the time i am asking and getting denied cause she is not in the mood
sounds abit unusual that he turns the oppurtunity down
and maybe he is just not interested yet not saying that he is gay but i was 35 when we met and had sex for the first time (for me)
be patient and he will come around to have a strong urge

Old 08-18-2005, 04:30 AM   #9
(male)

MOONCHILD63 HB User

I find it interesting Pam that you were a virgin until 35.I once dated a gal when we were both 23 and she said she was waiting until she was married. I can't speak for other guys but at 23 it counld have been a 15 hour work day follwed by a hockey game for me and if sex were offred I would be ready.

Old 08-18-2005, 07:43 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Music4All HB User

Men of all ages can and do have legitimate reasons for not wanting sex on a given opportunity. To suggest that all men always want sex is tantamount to suggesting all women never really want sex. They both are wrong on the same level.

Anyone that believes that only gay men and cheaterers turn down every opportunity with a women is seriously out of sync with the realities of daily life that might cause one to say they are not up to performing.

Please, read the various forums on this board - the answers are there. There are tons of posts from men that indicate they are not always interested, with many good reasons why.

Last edited by Music4All; 08-18-2005 at 07:46 AM.

Old 08-18-2005, 07:43 AM   #11
(male)

Smoothie_Guy HB User

If a guy is stressed and tired from work, it will have an effect. I've turned down sex on that basis more than a few times because of it. Don't read anything into it.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:18 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

degen95 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by D31
I have been in a relationship for a year now. We live together, and he is 23 I am 32. Is not normal for a guy of that age or any age for that matter to turn down sex? The reason I got was I am not in the mood. I asked some others what they thought. I was told either he is getting it elsewhere or he does not like woman. Any thoughts? Guys ..
one word: NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!

easy for me to say since..well..anyway, the only time i'd probably consider turning it down is if i was sick or something..or really tired after a really rough workout, but even in this case i'd be open to cuddling or whatever .

Old 08-18-2005, 09:55 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

star_shine_2010 HB User

I have been in a year long relationship also, and there have been times, where I have been turned down. I don't read too much into it. I turn him down all the time, and I still love him and DO want to sleep with him, just not at that particular moment. Is he stressed out? When my partner was going through a very hard time, he couldn't even get an erection. So don't pay too much attention to it. he has his reasons, and I'm sure it's not you. However you may want to be open and just ask him. communication's key!

Old 08-22-2005, 04:07 PM   #14
Veteran
(male)

bkm4673 HB User

i dont know your man hun im a 32 yr old healthy single male with ocd in az. and when i am dating a women i always want sex and more than once a day and oral so i dont know maybe he isnt into you or where u not getting along? If it persist hun then id wouldnt worry just bring it up again and if he doesnt change dont be with him anymore thats my opinion because sex is improtant for the women and the man to get it when they r in need of it when a couple. I am single so i have to do it myself lol funny huh. take care k

Old 08-22-2005, 08:30 PM   #15

myope33 HB User

Maybe he believes in abstinence? alot of young people do, me for example and im also a 23 year old male. Theres so much more to a relationship than the purely physical aspect. I also like older women as for the gay thing, I doubt it or he would be with a man instead.

Closed Thread