It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2005, 10:15 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

LynX21 HB User
So I'm a virgin...

I'm 19 and a virgin and haven't done too much with girls yet... I am a good looking guy and all but have a problem right now I kinda have acne but I am on something to get rid of it and that is probably why I have that lack of confidence now and when it is better I am sure that I will be confident. Besides that point I was wondering if it's weird that I am a virgin and am getting worred because it happened yet. I am currently a sophomore in college and was wondering if anybody had any recomendations as to where I should be looking or where not to be looking for girls (even though I haven't been looking lately because of the above reason) I had chances with girls in high school because it seemed like the girls did all the work and I didn't take them because I was immature and not sexually ready... and now I regret it because at college it is so massive of a school that I am the one that will have to do the work... Anyways Once I finish with my "problem" I hope to get into some serious relationships and meet lots of more girls. Feel free to comment and recommend things to me. Thanks---

Old 08-30-2005, 01:38 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

ethera HB User
Re: So I'm a virgin...

Acne is caused by two things:

1. fat content in the facial skin, and

2. acne bacteria.

Acne bacteria feed and thrive on the fat content in the facial ( or other areas ) skin.

Go to a doctor to see about getting two prescriptions:

1. Tetracyclene gel capsules: these reduce the fat content in the facial skin, reducing or eliminating the food source for the acne bacteria.

2. Retin-A topical gel , to be applied to the skin on the face: this kills the acne bacteria.

In my experience, the best way to meet (a) girl[s], is to not obsess too much about sex or women in general

( very difficult for some people ). Be yourself, and go about your daily life.

[ I am divorced, and I have just re-entered college myself. It's difficult to not get distracted by all the girls, and wonder how to be more attractive and impressive, and if you're going to meet or hook up with anyone cute. Gotta try to focus on priorities anyway...]

Don't spend too much time fantasizing, and you will find your real life to be quite interesting.

Don't pay too much attention to people who seem like they're really dynamic, charismatic, sophisticated, and otherwise 'have it all together'.

They don't, and what seems to work for them, won't necessarily work for you.

If and when you do find yourself in a relationship, whether more casual or more steady, be aware that you get what you give.

Other than that, be glad you are young, and be aware of and discover your own opportunities.

Best Wishes To You

Last edited by ethera; 08-30-2005 at 01:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2005, 02:40 AM   #3
(male)

BarnStormin54 HB User

Man, don't be worrying. I'm 18, and I haven't had any serious girlfriends, or sex. In fact, I'm waiting until I'm married to have sex.

Don't go looking for love and sex. If you do, you're only going to find something you don't want. If you keep your eyes and your ears open, you'll find the right girl.

And about sex, don't worry that it "hasn't happened." Everyone progresses at a different rate. Besides, if you rush into it, it won't be special, and you may end up regretting it.

Don't get worked up, it'll all happen in good time. Besides, good things come to those who wait, right?

Old 08-30-2005, 03:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

If you look at the girls, I am sure you will find plenty with acne problems, too. Once someone gets to know someone else, physical things tend to matter less. I rarely get personal here, but I have been very attracted to people with acne because I got to know them and see their inner self. Unless perhaps you are really scarred, I think most girls will be able to overlook the acne and be willing to get to know you and go out with you.

While there is a lot of pressure on people to have sex, and many do it simply to get losing their virginity out of the way, no one has to know and you should not feel like you are under any time requirement to have sex. It is really not all that big a deal, especially if you get involved in a one-night affair. Don't put too much pressure on yourself either, which only makes things worse.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:37 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

LynX21 HB User

thanks and nah i'm not scarred..

Old 08-31-2005, 05:05 PM   #6
(male)

Ambush347 HB User

I had a huge problem with acne when I was in high school. And by huge I mean I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror. Because of that I kinda gave up on other physical aspects of myself cuz i didnt see a point to them and that just made problems worse. But anyway, it got to the point where it was so bad I went to see a dermatologist and we immediately started on accutane. She said if I would have waited just a few more months i would have been severely scarred. The acutane worked extremely well although I suffered severe dryness on my face while I was taking it but it was worth it. I guess if its bad enough you can look into doing that, but only if it's really bad.

Closed Thread