It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
Inactive

Gundam HB User
made an appointment for circumcism

As per subjected, I have made an appointment for circumcism done next month, just some questions before I go ahead: -

I have tried stretching, & I could only stretched so little. Like when I'm not hard, I can pull my foreskin & show 3/4 of my head, but it's so deformed it looks so weird & ridiculous. Is this normal during the process of stretching ??? & when I'm hard, it's extremely difficult to stretch @ all. Sure I saw a bit of my head, but never been able to stretch any further. During my whole life, I have never been able to wash & clean my head since my foreskin @ 110% of the time covers it. Luckily (knock on wood), no inflammation yet ... I'm 32.

I heard all bad things about circumcism, like losing all sensitivity & stuff, I'm just so confused right now ... but this is something that I have always wanted to get done, so that my pennis wouldn't look too different when I have sex with my girlfriends. Is there any way that I can have circumcism done & remain my sensitivity ?!

Anyadvices or feedbacks on this issue would be great. Thx. guys.

Old 09-07-2005, 04:45 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sparkleflower HB User
How long and how often have you tried stretching your foreskin? It is definitely not an overnight process - it takes weeks of careful and diligent stretching. However, I think it's definitely worth the effort.

And I'm a woman, btw :-)

Last edited by Mod-S4; 09-07-2005 at 05:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2005, 04:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

keil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB User
Re: made an appointment for circumcism

I was cut at birth... wish they didn't do that
from what I read here you will loose some senativity. if you have this many questions and conserns you should be talking to the doc, he can explain what to expect after the operation.
good luck & keep us up dated,
keil

Last edited by keil; 09-07-2005 at 04:50 PM.

Old 09-08-2005, 06:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

if you can see 3/4 of your head, you don't need a circumcision. stretching will work. if you want the stretching to work faster, make sure you do it every day, several times a day.
if your head looks deformed, it is going to look the same way it does now after a circumcision, just a little less shiny.
if you are insecure with having a foreskin, and want to look like everybody else, perhaps a circumcision is the way to go.

Old 09-08-2005, 07:27 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

mrbojangle HB User

Like others on this post, I urge you to try the streching exercise for some time. I'm intact and after doing the streching, have no problem with keeping clean under my foreskin. Please try and keep us informed-- we care!

Last edited by mrbojangle; 09-08-2005 at 07:28 AM.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:32 AM   #6
Inactive

Gundam HB User

Thx guys, I will try stretching everyday until mu appoint, which's in beginning of Oct.

1 more question though, how come after circumcism, my head would still look deformed ? I thought the whole purpose of circumcism is to widen the opening by cutting some part of the foreskin. Or have I got the idea completely wrong ??

Old 09-08-2005, 11:31 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

circumcision is removal of the foreskin. the head does not change its appearance, not a whole lot. why did you say that the head looks deformed?

Old 09-08-2005, 11:39 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

keil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB User

After reading your most recent post you really need to talk with your doc, he can give you the best information and might have "before & after" pictures!
You have the wrong idea about what the operation will do....
Not to get too grafic BUT, the doc can show you on your penis what the surgery will do.
Please talk to the doc and continue the streching,
Keep us up dated
Keil

Old 09-09-2005, 09:09 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

That the glans expands because it was being held in by the foreskin is a fallacy.
Please provide some evidence, as in a peer-reviewed study.
How would you know if someone else will or won't be disappointed?

Old 09-09-2005, 01:54 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

JustDave4now HB User

My advice is not just talk to your doctor, but do some research too on the net and see if you can see some before and after pictures. The first thing you have to remember though, is that there is two camps when it comes into opinion on the subject.
Camp one is the Al Natural and uncut, they keep their kids uncut so they look like them, they will tell you that this is the way you were supposed to be and altering it is a bad idea. They will mention the loss of sensitivity thing of course and how most of the world is uncut, just in US did this become a fad. They will offer some useful ideas on how to get around your issue without surgury which is always a good thing to consider. They believe its just a matter of maintence on keeping an uncut clean its not a big deal. They have some great points

Camp two are cut, they get their kids cut so they look like them. They like the way it looks and feel they don't have this so called sensitivity issue. They find an uncut penis odd, and rather nasty with its smegma and antelope look and all. They do not have to stretch and work their penis to behave properly, it just does, low maintenace. They think that most of the world is like them, they are wrong, but usually those around them are, so its where they get that idea. They have some great ideas on helping you understand what having a cut penis is like, and will tell you how easy it is to keep a cut penis clean and to alieve your fears that a cut penis is nerve dead or impared somehow. They have some great points.

Then their is also this small bunch of wanabies who resent being cut in the first place, and feel somehow they were jilted in the pleasure nerve mix by chopping them when they were babies and helpless. They feel they weren't given a choice and that sucks, but there isn't that many of them so you can't give them the title of a group. They are a bit bitter, so advice from them come slightly salted

So if you take that all into consideration it comes down to what fixes your problem, not so much what people feel is the best solution. The trick you need to ask yourself is what your problem is, if its just the tight skin thing, you might want to try a few things first, but if its also a cosmetic thing too, then maybe the cut may make you feel better about yourself, well thats okay too.

I won't tell you which camp im in, but I will tell you I hope you find a solution that makes you happy and helps you live in comfort so you don't have to worry about it anymore.
Good luck.

Last edited by JustDave4now; 09-09-2005 at 01:57 PM.

Old 09-09-2005, 02:37 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

sparkleflower HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDave4now
They find an uncut penis odd, and rather nasty with its smegma and antelope look and all. They do not have to stretch and work their penis to behave properly, it just does, low maintenace.
I've been with a couple of uncut guys and my husband's uncut. None of them have smegma under the foreskin; when kept clean (which takes literally one second in the shower) it doesn't smell or taste any different from an circumcised penis, even at the end of the day. Also, none of them have to do anything to make their penises work properly - not sure why you'd think they do, unless you had difficulty retracting the foreskin. Most guys don't have that issue. But even if you do, once it's loose enough to go back over the glans, there's no effort involved in that, either. It's completely effortless :-)

Closed Thread