It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2005, 01:16 PM   #1
(male)

itwouldbesonice HB User
small penis

i am 28, and i have always been very shy in inquiring about my penis to anyone. It is smaller than it should be. I do not know why. I do know that when I was a child I had an operation, where the doctors had to remove one side of the "sack" and the testes were moved on one side. Now, one of the testes is significantly smaller than the other.
My penis grew during puberty, but it never got to the size it should be at. rough;y 4 1/2 " when erect. you could imagine how embarrassing it could be explaining this to girlfriends.
Is there anything I can do? Is it too late to do anything? Should I just deal with it? The older I get, the more it bothers me. It seems like it doesn't bother my girlfriend, but the more time that passes, the more I can't stop thinking of how different my adolescent life would be if I had checked it out early.
Any advice on who I should see, or what my options are (if any) ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2005, 02:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mrbojangle HB User
Re: small penis

When you say that 4.5" doesn't bother your g/f I think you should stop worrying about something that you can not change, just accept the fact and enjoy your relationship with a most understanding gal!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2005, 11:17 PM   #3
Veteran

Darkfur HB User

I was born with an undesended right testicle, which was removed at age 23. My left nut rides high in the sack, looking small unless I wrangle it all out. I sometimes wonder if these issues prevented my penis from growing to its full genetic potential. (I'm about 4.5" or so erect.) But really, how can I know what my penis would have grown to normally? Perhaps that is my true size. Perhaps for you as well?

Try to accept who you are, and what you have. Sure, I envy your full sack, but also appreciate what I do have. If you are overweight, you can (sensibly) try to lose weight to gain some length. Supposedly, there's some hidden potential to be released. As it is, we've pretty close to average size, and certainly don't need to explain ourselves.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwouldbesonice
My penis grew during puberty, but it never got to the size it should be at. rough;y 4 1/2 " when erect. you could imagine how embarrassing it could be explaining this to girlfriends.
Since the average penis is now know by accurate scientific measurements to be 5.1" with 98% of men between 4 and 6" you are totally and completely within the average penis size. Unfortunately you have bought into the myth that every man is 6" or he isn't a man. If that were true then 98% of men would fail to be men. Your penis is perfectly normal and since the average vagina is only 5" long (go figure) you fit perfectly with your gf. Stop being embarrassed and be proud that your penis works, can provide pleasure for you and your gf, and is perfectly normal. Enjoy your penis, because it won't last forever.

I know it's hard to accept that you are normal but if you insist I will provide the medical journal articles that support the 5.1" penis average.

Old 09-12-2005, 04:39 AM   #5
(female)

___vintaqe HB User

Coming from a females point of view, 4.5 can definitely be an enjoyable size, as long as YOU are comfortable with your size and show that you are comfortable with it. If you show signs of insecurity with your size, then it can make for a really awkward situation for the female, and for you. To tell you the truth, I do not enjoy anything above 6 inches. Sometimes even 6 is a lot to handle. Like the old saying goes, it's not really the size that matters, it's the way you present it and use it. You need to be comfortable and confident with yourself, and it'll make for a better ride.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:53 AM   #6
(male)

itwouldbesonice HB User

hi,

thanks for the comments.

I might sound selfish when talking like this, and it may seem like I'm only thinking of myself, but to tell you the truth, it's been something that's been eating me inside. Maybe I'm making too much a deal about it, but sometimes I stop and think that my life might have been different if things weren't the way they are.

I've missed many oppurtunities with women because of this, and because I was too shy to "show it".

It really lowers my self esteem when I put on a condom and it fits loose. It's not a good feeling inside.

And I'm afraid that the more I think about this, the more it'll eat me up inside. It makes me feel less like a man.

I know it's stupid, and maybe I should wake up and be greatful that I have a great girlfriend who loves me, but it still bothers me. It has nothing to do with her, or anyone else.

I'm may be sounding really selfish, but I think that if things were different, I'm be much more of a confident person, and wouldn't have to "hide" from certain situations.

this is the first time in my life that I actually spoke out about this, and it's quite hard to do.. But thanks for listening, and if it gets to the point that I'll have to see someone just to talk about this, I will.

thanks again.

Old 09-15-2005, 10:05 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

jv109 HB User

Hey actually mine is the same size as yours. I've sort of gotten used to the fact that its small and am learning to accept it.

As for showing it, well yes there have been a couple of times when girls/women have either giggled or said something like "it's cute", or "oh my!". Just learn to accept that its small and laugh along with them! Like that girl who posted, don't apologize or ask them if they think its small. Cuz actually I do have it small. They just don't want to see your lack of confidence.

Old 09-15-2005, 12:49 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

keil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB User

If you have a "belly" try loosing the weight it will help, maybe not cause your penis to grow but it will look bigger, the other thing you can do is shave, loose the pubic hair... it makes your penis look longer, thats what I do.
keep us up dated,
Keil

Old 09-16-2005, 05:16 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

jv109 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by keil
If you have a "belly" try loosing the weight it will help, maybe not cause your penis to grow but it will look bigger, the other thing you can do is shave, loose the pubic hair... it makes your penis look longer, thats what I do.
keep us up dated,
Keil
I don't shave my pubic hair but do keep it trim. Since I'm 4.5" hard and 2" soft, I'm afraid if I shave it all the way it would look too boyish!

Old 09-16-2005, 09:51 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Well, why not try it, the hair will grow back and besides many girls like the "boyish" look!
I'm 3" flacid but with no hair looks biger!
please keep me posted
Keil

Last edited by keil; 09-16-2005 at 09:59 AM.

Old 09-16-2005, 11:10 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

jv109 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by keil
... besides many girls like the "boyish" look!
I wasn't aware of that! But at just 2" it really looks small, guess cuz it is! And in the locker room its the smallest too!! So I just trim mine. Besides in front of a girl its not going to stay flaccid!

Old 09-16-2005, 11:28 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

In the locker room there are ways to not walk around just "hanging out" I use the towel and kind a keep it in front rather than over the sholder or at your side! Byso holding the towel so it just about covers your penis no one will see the actually size. I have seen many guys do this at the gym and noticed some are small some big and some guys just don't feel confortable walking and standing around with their package out in plain sight.
Good luck, relax and be happy with what you have,
Keil

Old 09-16-2005, 03:14 PM   #13
(female)

Mstngfan HB User

you are fine. Some girls have smaller vaginas than others. It shouldnt matter anyways if you find the right girl. Id choose a 4.5 inch penis over a 7 inch penis any day because I have a smaller vagina, 7 would hurt.

Closed Thread