It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2005, 05:57 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

JustDave4now HB User
Prostate, Age, and sex

I heard almost all men have prostate problems at some time, does anyone know how soon is it common to start.

I just turned 40 myself, and I might be having some small issues but unsure and wonder if it just goes with being 40. I just had an exam a few years back and things were fine then.

What I have noticed is..

Rarely I get a small tightning discomfort at the base of the scrotum when I Urinate.
Ocasionally upon a rare orgasm, it will become a intense painful throbbing
at the base of the scrotum that I can 't stop and have to wait out, not a fun time. (this is rare though, like maybe twice a year)
I have noticed a huge decrease in my sex drive, but that could be just age
My testicles tend to ache a bit out of the blue

But other than that,

I do not get any blood in my urine or semen
I normally don't have any trouble passing Urine
I don't get the need to urinate most get I hear

The reason I don't think its serious is because I had mine checked about three years back and it was fine then.

Also I noticed something odd, I was put on antibiotics a bit back because I was ill for something else, and my symptoms for this problem went away, I mean everything, I thought great, I must have had a infection.

But months later it came back, recently I went back on some antibiotics for a sty in my eye, and low and behold the symptoms cleared up again. Hmmm, now I wonder if I wait it out will it come back again.

Part of me is realizing this may be me getting old, LOL, well I guess I will have to live with my pipes getting a bit rusty.

I am trying to be an optimist, I mentioned it to my wife and asked her if she thought I should see the doc. She told me many men get discomfort as they age and the prostrate enlargens and says there are vitamins I can take. Maybe thats the route I need to take. She said it might be wise to try the vitamins first then if that doesn't work see the Doc. Since this is less embarrasing, it appeals to me most.

Last edited by JustDave4now; 09-12-2005 at 06:23 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 06:46 PM   #2
(male)

doj HB User
Re: Prostrate, Age, and sex

I suggest you go ahead for another visit with the doctor to be sure. I started having prostate infections when I was about 40, and they got increasingly worse over the years. Finally had to have a TURP in January this year, and the tissue they removed was biopsied and I had cancer. My PSA was never abnormal except when I had infections, so it didn't even show the cancer...I was just fortunate that I had the TURP otherwise the doctor said it could have been quite some time before they discovered the cancer. Best to just see the doctor, get the "finger wave" and check things out.

Old 09-14-2005, 08:02 PM   #3
(male)

citationX HB User

FWIW...Welcome to the club...

I'm 37 and having a on/off battle w/ Prostatitus as a result of a UTI. I got Accute Pros and was put on DOXYCYCLINE. Yeah..it was a real pain. Balls were swollan, hurt to pee and I had erectile isssues but it cleared up and I have a real understanding wife. Have been to a Euro yet...?? If not, GO ASAP. The longer you wait the worse it gets.

It's all part of being male I reckon. In the meantime, try to flush out the bacteria via lots of water and yes, "empty-out" your load. That helps clear out any infectious bacteria in your seeman.

Good Luck...

Old 09-16-2005, 06:13 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

JustDave4now HB User

Hey CitationX,
How long did they keep you on Doxy? Earlier in the year (Junish) I was put on Doxy for four weeks because I got a tick bite that had a ring about it, I was also getting low grade fevors, traveling joint pain as well as testicle and pelvic pain, and I was tired all the time.
They tested me for lyme but it came up neg twice, so they treated me with doxy anyway, and you know it got better so I figured they got it right. But I also noticed back then I was getting allot of prostate discomfort too with orgasim, and that went away with the doxy too.

So I am wondering, you would think four weeks would clear up my infection if that is what it was, but alas my infection came back

Hmmm I made an appointment with a urologist in two weeks, not that I want to go, but I am afraid what might happen if I don't.

Closed Thread