It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2005, 06:58 PM   #1

Jason3412 HB User
Question Is this something to worry about?

Hi,

I'm a 20 year old male. I've only had sex with 3 girls in total (which I've thought is very conservative). I had sex with an ex gf when we were together a couple years back, but not often...maybe 1-2 every several weeks. Then I popped the cherry of 1 girl who now is a good friend of mine. Then, I started sleeping with my current girlfriend (of almost a year now). I've always used a condom and have been very careful about it...except for 2-3 times several months ago. For several minutes we had sex without a condom until we finally put it on. Then, we went back to using condoms. One night a few weeks ago, we were drunk and it happened again for a few minutes without the condom. Always being cautious, I went home every time and I poured some Listerine on my penis just in case.

About a week ago, I noticed a few tiny, red rash-like bumps on my pubic region, extending from my waistline going down towards the bulk of my pubic hair, with nothing unusual on my penis. They are NOT itchy and I have no symptoms besides these red things....they are not too red either, I think if we used the condom I wouldn't even notice them if I wasn't looking for them. Over the past week or so, I've noticed them starting to get slightly larger and spread just a tiny bit.

My girlfriend hasn't noticed them (or at least hasn't said anything) so you only see them if you look for them. I'm getting concerned because I recently found out about my girlfreinds sexual history, and lets just say 1 of the guys she slept with is a real big player when it comes to sleeping with girls. My girlfriend and I have the best sex, but I'm just starting to wonder if I could have caught something from her. I've looked at her down there, and have found NO signs of any STD that could be seen.

Today I made an appointment tomorrow to go to the Doc and check it out...Im just getting very nervous. The lady on the phone said it could simply be a heat rash or something, which I'm praying is the case. However, she also said it could be herpes, which I know is NOT curable.

Any advice or info would so dearly be welcomed. Thank you!!!
-Concerned

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2005, 07:50 PM   #2
(female)

Karen62705 HB User
Re: Is this something to worry about?

I am wondering why in the world you poured Listerine on yourself!?!? Listerine will not prevent you from getting an STD!!! The only thing it could do is give you an infection, like it sounds like it may have. Could you be having a bad reaction due to the Listerine?

Old 09-12-2005, 10:58 PM   #3

Jason3412 HB User

I just remembered Listerine being something that many people have used "just in case"...since listerine in theory does kill 99% germs. if I was having a bad reaction to it, wouldn't it be appearing on the shaft instead of on the upper pubic region?

Old 09-13-2005, 05:23 AM   #4
(female)

Karen62705 HB User

Have you changed laundry detergent? Sometimes this can cause a rash. From what I have read Herpes is somewhat painful. It dosen't sound like Herpes to me. When is you Doctor appt. ?

Please don't be under the impression that you can prevent an STD from Listerine. I promise you it will not prevent an STD infection! Anytime you have skin to skin contact there is always a risk for an STD transfer, this is why condoms don't always prevent STD's.

From what you described it dosen't sound like an STD, but since you have had unprotected sex, it is possible. Let me know what happens at the DR.

Good Luck to you

Old 09-13-2005, 12:59 PM   #5

Jason3412 HB User

What a relief!

Doc said its a mild case of molloscum....what a relief!!

And I asked about the listerine, he said that he doesnt see it being a problem.

Old 09-13-2005, 02:09 PM   #6
(female)

Karen62705 HB User

good to hear it's nothing serious! And you were all worried over nothing!

Old 09-14-2005, 12:29 AM   #7

Jason3412 HB User

now I know to make sure I use a condom EVERY time!!

When I felt the difference in feeling without a condom, I was amazed...it sure is a big difference. But until I get married, I just dont tihnk its worth it.

Closed Thread