It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2005, 12:24 PM   #1
(female)

Cannalee HB User
Question What is the difference between "sexy" and "sensual"?

What does a man mean when he says "Some women are sexy, some are sensual, you're sensual" ? Just curious...

Old 09-17-2005, 03:02 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

ethera HB User
First of all, be aware that that is his opinion. Someone else might say or think that you are sexy and sensual, or just sexy.

[ deleted ]

It sounds like basically he'd like to have sex with you ( if he hasn't already ), but he is also preoccupied with other women ( whether mentally or physically as well ).

Last edited by Mod-S4; 09-17-2005 at 08:29 PM. Reason: This board is for your own writing only. Please do not quote passages from other sources.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2005, 11:47 PM   #3

super fluke HB User
Re: What is the difference between "sexy" and "sensual"?

FOR ME PERSONALLY, sexy is more physical. sensual is more mental.

i can go to one of those interactive community websites and find a hundred "sexy" women within a 10 mile radius of my apartment. but out of those hundred women i might feel that only 1 or 2 of them are sensual. sensuality is something that is more personal to me than sexy. but (likely) the majority of ppl consider them synonyms. and it's hard to debate such a thing.

in my own personal opinion, sexy is a broader term. sensuality for me is more aural than physical. i'd also go out on a limb and say sensuality is more tied into chemistry than sexiness.

sexy = physical characteristics (eyes, lips, stomach, back), peeves (blinking when she's angry, tangling her legs with yours when she sleeps), external personality traits (accent, posture, walk)
sensual = aural (a feeling, unexplainable attraction), chemistry (comfort level together, depth of honesty between eachother, lack of judgement between eachother), internally personal (familiarity, soulful, private)

now you can see, from my PERSONAL definitions, that it's really easy to intertwine the two words. and you can tell it's based largely on opinion. obviously, something one man would call "sexy" the next man might find "sensual". something can be sexy and sensual @ the same time. and i'm putting entirely too much thought into comparing these two words!

- Ryan

Old 09-18-2005, 07:21 AM   #4
(female)

rainy_daze HB User

Super Fluke explained this best. At the end of the day, words are malleable. Terms such as sexy and sensual are words that become intertwined and mean different things to different people.

To me, sexy is more obvious while senual is more discreet. But both are always good.

Old 09-18-2005, 01:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

One comes from the root word 'sex', the other comes from 'sense' (as in 'the senses').

But I don't think this is really about semantics. I think the guy was just trying to give you what he thought was an extra special compliment while obviously implying that he thinks you're hot in a 'better' way. Take it for what it's worth and don't worry about getting an exact analysis. You've probably spent waaaay more time trying to read into it than he spent coming up with his line.

Old 09-18-2005, 02:38 PM   #6
(female)

Cannalee HB User

Thanks to all who replied...guess I can take it as not an insult but more like a brain tease. And yes, I definitely agree with Thisby, it was a teasing line meant to make this airhead think while he's probably used that line more than once!

Closed Thread