It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2005, 04:28 PM   #1
(male)

joedizzle HB User
hard "vein" on penis

I recently noticed a bump on my penis when i was erect. it is under the size of a dime. It is present when i am flaccid, but much more noticeable when i'm hard. when my penis is soft, it just sort of feels like a little bump, but when it is hard, there is a bump as well as a hard "vein" that runs from the bump to a point about 1/2-1 inch further on up my penis. the vein is much harder than the other veins in my penis, and it really isn't that visible, it's more or less white in color. the location is right around the base of my penis on the left side. I'm in college and due to finances I don't like to go to the doctor unless it is completely necessary. I recently had a rash that would not go away(not related to sex or the genitalia), so I visited a doctor at the school clinic as well as a dermatologist. I asked them both about the bump, and neither seemed too concerned. The dermatologist examined it quite thouroughly and said he thought it was a vein. Oh yeah, the bump is stationary. but the veiny thing moves from side to side. It is a bit uncomfortable when i'm erect, and I sometimes get a tingling sensation. However, it doesn't seem to mess with my ability to have sex in any way. I do plan on seeing a urologist in the next month or so, but in the mean time, does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Old 11-06-2005, 10:58 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

DoOoOoM HB User
Re: hard "vein" on penis

If it is a vein then you most likely have sclerosing lymphangitis. Sounds as bad as it really is. It's actually an inflammatory disorder from vigorous sex or masturbation. It usually goes away within a week but some are known to last for years. The best way to heal the problem is to avoid dry sex or masturbation. Plenty of lubrication and a limited amount of sexual activity will help reduce the swelling.

Last edited by DoOoOoM; 11-06-2005 at 04:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2006, 02:30 PM   #3
(male)

G8kpr HB User
Wink Re: hard "vein" on penis

I know exactly what you have, as I had it too. A "vein" thing right at the base of the penis head.

Mine was mostly viewable when I was erect.. I went to a walk in clinic and was examined (this was about 2 years ago). I was so nervous that the doctor would ask me to become erect. Lol.. Or that I would with his examination...

At any rate, he examined my penis flaccid, and felt around. He couldn't really find it, so I described it, and showed the location. He wasn't too concerned about it.

I kept an eye on it, and afterawhile it went away on it's own. I'm glad to hear someone else has had the same thing. I posted the same question on another board, and no one knew what the heck I was talking about =)

Old 11-20-2007, 06:25 AM   #4
(male)

jayfunk19 HB User
Re: hard "vein" on penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8kpr View Post
I know exactly what you have, as I had it too. A "vein" thing right at the base of the penis head.

Mine was mostly viewable when I was erect.. I went to a walk in clinic and was examined (this was about 2 years ago). I was so nervous that the doctor would ask me to become erect. Lol.. Or that I would with his examination...

At any rate, he examined my penis flaccid, and felt around. He couldn't really find it, so I described it, and showed the location. He wasn't too concerned about it.

I kept an eye on it, and afterawhile it went away on it's own. I'm glad to hear someone else has had the same thing. I posted the same question on another board, and no one knew what the heck I was talking about =)

Hey dude, glad yours went away. Tell me, did you experience pain with yours also? Was sex or masturbation difficult or painful? How long did it take before it went away? Many thanks, your experiece is much appreciated

Last edited by Mod-S4; 11-20-2007 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Please do not revive old threads, start a new one for your question. Closing thread.

Closed Thread