It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2005, 08:23 AM   #1
(male)

JustAProgrammer HB User
Question Foreskin behaviour change after stretching

I'm 26, male, always been single, don't expect to be partnered so masturbation is the extent of my sex life.

My Foreskin Retraction Experience
Found out 3 weeks ago (GP told me) the need to clean retract the foreskin and clean the glans. Sitting on my bed I was able to retract the foreskin back to the corona when flacid (using lots of sorbolene cream to help the process) and ended up picking off 1.5mm thick chunks of smegma (yuck!).

After week of daily cleaning (under the shower) and stretching it using erections I finally discovered the way the foreskin joins to the base of the head. It can be pulled back over the corona while erect though it is a little tight.

The Problem
Now my foreskin tends to retract by itself when I get an erection and ends up half way round the head where it is a little tight. You see when I masturbate in bed I like to touch myself in areas other than my penis and then finish by putting 8-10 tissues over the top of my penis and hold the foreskin (which
was always covering most of the glans) through the tissues using my thumb and two fingers then rib up and down. Aside: If I ribbed my thumb over the corona (squeezing as well) then my penis became sore inside - this started about 4 years ago so I just used the top part of the head from then on without any issues.

It was perfect for me as I could relax, not worry about getting semen over the bedclothes and just enjoy the orgasm. It was also easy then to go to sleep just bundle the tissues up and put them in my pocket to flush away in the morning. Now though because the foreskin goes half way down the head the tissues chafe the glans and the foreskin won't move to give me the same sensation.

So.... How do I get back the ability to have the foreskin stay over the erect head and only have it retract manually? Do I continue stretching to make it wider or do I need to try to lengthen it so that even though it now moves back there will be more foreskin to cover the glans? I don't want to stretch it and find that all it does is spontaneously retract back past the corona.

I'm feeling really angry about this whole thing and almost wish I hadn't tried to retract it in the first place. After all I don't have any need for the "gliding action" and could always have done this stretching stuff later should my life change. However it does feel better for it so it's really a double edged sword for me. I know I could change my techniques, use a condom to contain the sement and lubricant to allow me to work the glans etc.etc. but I really really want the simplicity of what I had before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2005, 11:35 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

degen95 HB User
Re: Foreskin behaviour change after stretching

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAProgrammer
I'm 26, male, always been single, don't expect to be partnered so masturbation is the extent of my sex life.
that's an issue for another day.
Quote:
After week of daily cleaning (under the shower) and stretching it using erections I finally discovered the way the foreskin joins to the base of the head. It can be pulled back over the corona while erect though it is a little tight.
what are you calling "corona"? is that the glans/head of penis?? anyway, the foreskin is supposed to retract a bit once erect. its also supposed to move freely back and forth when flaccid AND erect so you should work towards that; not trying to tighten it back again. the sex will be better when it happens.

Old 12-16-2005, 12:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

It is considered normal for a foreskin to retract by itself when erect but it's also common for guys with fully retractable foreskins to not have them go back by themselves. Every individual penis and foreskin is slightly different. I have seen complaints from guys that their foreskins don't go back by themselves when they get an erection and I have also seen complaints from guys like JustAProgrammer who miss the full coverage they had when their foreskin was too tight to retract. From my perspective they are all just luck to have one at all.
I don't think it will go back to the way it was before and given that the chunks of built-up smegma have now gone, that, on balance, is probably a good thing. There was always a slight risk of an infection occuring in that stuff and the odour and yuck factor would probably turn potential partners off. Infections, though not as common as people think, can cause scarring, adhesions and other problems. Stretching the length of the foreskin may give better coverage again but I'm not sure if that is desirable for intercourse, if that ever happens. Tommy or other intact men may be able to advise better on this. You may find that stretching further to get rid of the residual tightness makes sliding the skin up and down with your fist more comfortable and therefore enjoyable. Then you may be able to just catch your ejaculate in your navel or in a tissue on your stomach like the rest of us. Alternatively as the over-sensitivity caused by the total non-exposure of the glans lessens you may find that things that caused discomfort before are comfortable now. So you may be able to develop a slightly different technique that uses the tissues again.
Best of luck,
Geoff

Last edited by Administrator; 12-17-2005 at 01:26 AM. Reason: don't comment on mod actions and don't instruct members.

Old 12-17-2005, 09:19 PM   #4
(male)

JustAProgrammer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by degen95
that's an issue for another day.
*smile* Nah it's okay - I'm kind of content to be single - was just giving a bit of background info so that my post made more sense (i.e. why I might not be as worried about cleaning it though keeping it clearn does make me feel better on a hygine level). I have also always dried the end of my penis with toilet paper after urinating so that would probably have helped it stay cleaner over the years that it would have otherwise. BTW the top of my glans has always been visible so I guess urine wouldn't have built up too much.

Quote:
what are you calling "corona"?
The ring at the base of the glans where the foreskin will sit behind - I think that's the term for it. It's a slightly redder colour than the rest of the glans in my case. I imagine others here would notice the same thing, no?
Quote:
the sex will be better when it happens.
If you mean intercourse from what I've read that would appear to be so but dunno if it'll help my singluar sex life or not - hence wanting to find out more here before continuing to stretch or not. Once it's properly stretched I believe won't be able to go back - any more than I can already go back now, because that bit of skin at the top of the frenulum (probably part of it) that held the foreskin in place while erect has been stretched away. Could it be that in some men that piece of skin is thicker and therefore they have a harder or longer time stretching it whereas mine was stretched when I first fully retracted the foreskin.

Thanks for your reply - it's great having a place like this where people can discuss fairly private and personal health/emotional/wellbeing issues

Old 12-17-2005, 10:18 PM   #5
(male)

JustAProgrammer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffB
It is considered normal for a foreskin to retract by itself when erect but it's also common for guys with fully retractable foreskins to not have them go back by themselves. Every individual penis and foreskin is slightly different. I have seen complaints from guys that their foreskins don't go back by themselves when they get an erection and I have also seen complaints from guys like JustAProgrammer who miss the full coverage they had when their foreskin was too tight to retract. From my perspective they are all just luck to have one at all.
Interesting to hear about the different complains Geoff. Personally I do feel lucky that I have an intact foreskin.

Quote:
I don't think it will go back to the way it was before and given that the chunks of built-up smegma have now gone, that, on balance, is probably a good thing. There was always a slight risk of an infection occuring in that stuff
Exactly - double edged sword. I seem to believe though that it was the bit of skin sort of at the top of the frenulum that was holding it in place (see my reply to degen95) rather than the ring of foreskin being particularly tight.

Quote:
and the odour and yuck factor would probably turn potential partners off.
Yeah if I had a wife I wouldn't want it all yucky and messy like it was. For me clean is good. Interestingly enough there was no odour (that I could notice anyway) when the foreskin was forward, and only a slight odour when the smegma was exposed by retracting the foreskin further than I usually would have in the past.

Quote:
Stretching the length of the foreskin may give better coverage again but I'm not sure if that is desirable for intercourse, if that ever happens. Tommy or other intact men may be able to advise better on this. You may find that stretching further to get rid of the residual tightness makes sliding the skin up and down with your fist more comfortable and therefore enjoyable. Then you may be able to just catch your ejaculate in your navel or in a tissue on your stomach like the rest of us.
I'll hope that some other men might be able to advise me on stretching the length. Funnily enough I read about different men having different percentage of coverage of the glans when erect.

I have caught the ejaculate on my stomach before but never felt as relaxed about doing that 'cause then I kind of had to spring into action and mop up rather than just relax after climax :) Having to concentrate on something else rather than the feelings seems to take away something from it a bit for me. For one thing there are hepas of different things I could do and as they say sex happens between the ears so really I guess I will adapt.

Quote:
Alternatively as the over-sensitivity caused by the total non-exposure of the glans lessens you may find that things that caused discomfort before are comfortable now. So you may be able to develop a slightly different technique that uses the tissues again.
Yeah it sure was sensitive when I first exposed it *grin* Couldn't run the shower head on it comfortably at first. It is become less sensitive but still inclined to feel chaffed quite easily. I'm aware time and further exposure will reduce that though. I've always been able to see the top of my glans and have fingered that from time to time so that part isn't oversenstive.

Thanks for your post Geoff - I do appreciate it and hope that some time I can offer support to others who may be going through what I'm going through at the moment just as you and others here do (I read quite a lot of your posts while browsing the forum).

Old 12-18-2005, 12:25 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

Dear JustAProgrammer,
I'm glad to be of some help. I meant to say earlier that you were extremely lucky to be able to retract as far as you were able to so quickly. Some men take many weeks to get that far.
I don't think that stretching the frenulum is why it's not staying forward. I think it is more just the diameter of the opening. Or did you really feel the frenulum stretching when you were working on retracting, early on?
I would suggest that it is best to keep stretching and get full easy mobility of the foreskin. You have lost the ability to masturbate the way you always did and I think having it nice and loose will give you more options in the long run. Try using one or two tissues spread out on your stomach and/or pushing back the bedclothes. This means you don't have to "spring into action" (as much) and scrabble for a tissue afterwards.
Like I said I envy you and I think you will enjoy things more if you find yourself a partner. Ever since I was a kid and saw another boy masturbating, using his foreskin like a lube, I have always envied intact males. This is despite the fact that foreskins were rare when I was growing up in Australia. Now they are the norm amongst younger men. I suspect you are on the same continent from the mention of sorbelene?
Tell us why are you so set on remaining single? Is it a religious issue? You sound like a good man going to waste for no good reason.
Cheers,
Geoff

Old 01-12-2006, 05:36 AM   #7
(male)

JustAProgrammer HB User

Quote:
Dear JustAProgrammer,
I'm glad to be of some help. I meant to say earlier that you were extremely lucky to be able to retract as far as you were able to so quickly. Some men take many weeks to get that far.
Dear Geoff,

Thanks for putting things in perspective for me yet again

Quote:
I don't think that stretching the frenulum is why it's not staying forward. I think it is more just the diameter of the opening. Or did you really feel the frenulum stretching when you were working on retracting, early on?
I didn't notice it, I just saw the change after I'd stretched the foreskin back.

Quote:
I would suggest that it is best to keep stretching and get full easy mobility of the foreskin. You have lost the ability to masturbate the way you always did and I think having it nice and loose will give you more options in the long run.
I've continued to do just that and it's looser now and will spontaneously retract all the way back when erect. Also the glans is getting a little less oversenstive too. Finally, the foreskin stayed in place once (5th Jan) I suspect due to the sorbolene gumming it up a bit, however it's actually more comfortable to have it retract so the glans can fully expand - interesting hey?
I could use the tissues somewhat how I used to by putting sorbolene on the outside of the foreskin to give the tissues enough 'grip' so I could rib it back and forth without the foreskin slipping back.

It's certainly not loose enough to go 'easily' back and forth yet as I haven't tried to stretch it diligently, just pulled it back down the shaft when erect for a short while every other day or so, after all I've got time to do this.
Quote:
Try using one or two tissues spread out on your stomach and/or pushing back the bedclothes. This means you don't have to "spring into action" (as much) and scrabble for a tissue afterwards.
Yes, only a couple of tissues needed, that worked quite well - thanks Geoff for the practical suggestion.

Quote:
Like I said I envy you and I think you will enjoy things more if you find yourself a partner. Ever since I was a kid and saw another boy masturbating, using his foreskin like a lube, I have always envied intact males. This is despite the fact that foreskins were rare when I was growing up in Australia. Now they are the norm amongst younger men.
That must have been difficult for you. I'd never even considered that some men would feel bad about being circumcised from birth. In my day it was sort of 50/50 as to whether you'd be circumcised or not.

Quote:
I suspect you are on the same continent from the mention of sorbelene?
Yep from Vic. You are from up north if I recall correctly.

Quote:
Tell us why are you so set on remaining single? Is it a religious issue?
I'm not quite sure what you mean here - can you clarify that for me please?

Quote:
You sound like a good man going to waste for no good reason.
Most kind Thanks for your time in answering my post - it has given me comfort.

Bye for now,

JustAProgrammer.

Old 01-13-2006, 05:22 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Dear Geoff,

Thanks for putting things in perspective for me yet again

I didn't notice it, I just saw the change after I'd stretched the foreskin back.

I've continued to do just that and it's looser now and will spontaneously retract all the way back when erect. Also the glans is getting a little less oversenstive too. Finally, the foreskin stayed in place once (5th Jan) I suspect due to the sorbolene gumming it up a bit, however it's actually more comfortable to have it retract so the glans can fully expand - interesting hey?
I could use the tissues somewhat how I used to by putting sorbolene on the outside of the foreskin to give the tissues enough 'grip' so I could rib it back and forth without the foreskin slipping back.

It's certainly not loose enough to go 'easily' back and forth yet as I haven't tried to stretch it diligently, just pulled it back down the shaft when erect for a short while every other day or so, after all I've got time to do this.

Yes, only a couple of tissues needed, that worked quite well - thanks Geoff for the practical suggestion.
Glad it worked. It's good to be of practial use.
Quote:

That must have been difficult for you. I'd never even considered that some men would feel bad about being circumcised from birth. In my day it was sort of 50/50 as to whether you'd be circumcised or not.
Yep eventually I had to seek professional help from a psychologist. That helped but helping guys here helps too.
Quote:

Yep from Vic. You are from up north if I recall correctly..
Yep SEQld
Quote:

I'm not quite sure what you mean here - can you clarify that for me please?.
You said at the beginning " I'm 26, male, always been single, don't expect to be partnered so masturbation is the extent of my sex life." so I assumed you had a reason to expect you would be remaining single.
Quote:

Most kind Thanks for your time in answering my post - it has given me comfort.?.
Thanks, that's nice to know
Quote:

Bye for now,

JustAProgrammer.
Cheers and keep up the good work,
Geoff

Old 01-27-2006, 11:25 PM   #9
(male)

JustAProgrammer HB User

Thanks Geoff. Haven't been stretching much lately, but will probably post an update or two at some stage in the future.

Bye for now,

JustAProgrammer.

Old 01-28-2006, 06:46 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

Quote:
I was told by my mother when I was a small boy to retract my foreskin, as far as it would go, every time I urintaed, and in the bath or shower to clean it. This really wont take you any time at all, so no excuses please! It wasnt long before it would go all the way back, as mine was just naturally adhered to the the glans.

I suggest that you too do this, as every other day or so is not enough. What you will achieve from this is not a loose foreskin, but full mobility of the foreskin. If you need to stretch it as well then do it as well.

You will find that techniques for masturbation are going to be different, and yes - how you clear up afterwards will differ too. Dont forget that part of the fun can be to get a bit messy, spray your ejaculate all over your chest and say "the hell with it I am not going to wipe up" and just rub it into your chest and stomach. Try it on occasions, you might enjoy it! With a retractable foreskin you can ejaculate with more force and further, so I suggest you explore this and enjoy it.

I wonder from reading between the lines that you may not have total privacy where you are and need to appear to have not masturbated, well this may be something else to address so you can be more relaxed with yourself and sex in general, this may help you discover that you do want to have partners and enjoy a health sex life?

Good Luck

Old 01-28-2006, 05:48 PM   #11
(male)

JustAProgrammer HB User

Thanks for your reply!

I do retract the foreskin every day to clean it under the shower and would hate not to now. I clean it by taking it back as far as it will go so that the entire underside of the foreskin is exposed (couldn't take it all the way back like that when I started cleaning it a couple of months ago).

What I meant was that I hadn't been stretching it while erect stretching it apart using my index fingers. Pulling the foreskin back to clean when flaccid doesn't really widen it methinks. Hope that makes sense?

Good point about changing my attitude to cleaning up. Believe it or not I have ejaculated onto my stomach before (even prior to finding out about retracting my foreskin) but have never really found it all that pleasant - nice enough while it's warm but when it gets cold it doesn't feel that great so I usually want to wipe it off. Even then the hair on my stomach and chest tends to stay a bit sticky and I don't really like the feel of that. As you implied it's all a mind game

Your last paragraph raises an interesting question. I'm a spoilt brat who lives at home and thus it is true that I like to keep the fact that I've masturbated private (few wouldn't I guess). The interesting thing is I have no trouble discussing it with my family and they are absolutely okay about it, so it's not a fear or anxiety thing. If I felt it was an issue I'd just change and wash my own sheets (and they'd know why but that'd be ok because it'd just be part of my routine and they wouldn't see any evidence of whether I had masturbated or not).

I don't believe in sex before marriage (for me anyway) and I haven't fallen in love yet. Sex for the experience of sex (i.e. just based on attraction without the commitment of love) wouldn't make me happy I feel. In fact I think it'd probably make me feel unhappy. I'm not that highly charged so don't feel attraction very often. This means I'm not getting frustrated or feeling deprived like the more highly charged among us might. Anyway I'll just keep living my life, be kind to people, and see what the future holds.

P.S. These issues are the stuff of life, aren't they? They could be discussed forever (without conclusion) I think. I don't feel any need to discuss them further here. I really wanted advice from other men on whether continuing to stretch my foreskin would help me regain the ability to masturbate in a satisfying way. This need has been very well met and I'm thankful for the posters who replied with their insights and ideas. Now I feel (and hope) that given time I'll be as satisfied with my masturbation as prior to first retracting. Who knows, I may even become more satisfied!

Old 01-28-2006, 06:26 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

I would like to wish you luck, it is hard to bare ones soul here and you have certainly done that!

Old 01-28-2006, 06:32 PM   #13
(male)

JustAProgrammer HB User

Thanks a lot Stuart

Closed Thread