It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2006, 06:53 AM   #1

Little 1 HB User
Foreskin question

Hello,

I am a female asking a question about my boyfriend.

I want to know about this because I'm worried that it may be unhealthy in some way - not that it makes any difference to my feelings for him at all. I know that no two people are the same afterall!

I don't mean to be too graphic, but I need to provide a description in order to explain my worries!

The thing is ... when he is erect, his foreskin does not go down to reveal the head of the penis. The 'opening' (around the 'head') is probably less than a centimetre ... so you can just see the tip of the penis through the opening of the foreskin. It isnt just that it doesn't naturally reveal the tip: even when 'pulled' down, the head simply doesnt fit out at all.

My concern is that this is not healthy for him. I thought that men needed to clean themselves under the foreskin, and when he ejaculates ... surely some gets caught within the forskin around and under the head, which is covered.

I don't want to mention this to him without knowing that it is unhelathy for him. He knows that I love him no matter what, but I don't want to cause undue concern! I would have thought that, in his position, a circumcision would be better.

Thank you in advance... and sorry if I've wasted time by being concerned about something that isn't a problem

x

Last edited by Little 1; 01-03-2006 at 06:54 AM.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:24 AM   #2
(male)

lennydee789 HB User
Re: Foreskin question

Encourage him to try the foreskin stretching exercises described in the sticky's above, if his foreskin doesn't retract easily. If he is just lazy and doesn't skin back in the shower, make showering with him part of foreplay and do it for him.Some younger men have simply not been taught the proper care of their natural penis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2006, 09:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

he isn't being lazy, he has phimosis. it can be fixed with simple stretching, in about 99% of the cases. the instructions are in a sticky, at the top of Men's Health.
in my opinion, he should walk the other way someone suggests circumcision. that is a permanent removal, and unless he has tried stretching, and stretching with betamethasone cream, and a dorsal slit operation, and they have all failed, it is big overkill.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:54 AM   #4

Little 1 HB User

To my knowledge he hasn't tried any stretching ... he doesn't even seem to consider it an 'issue' at all or think that isn't normal. This makes it a little hard to mention it to him.

I will try to subtly mention it to him soon... without sounding like I am comparing him to others!!

It isn't laziness ... the foreskin literally cannot be pulled back. Thank you all for your advice! I need to think about how to bring this up without making him feel self conscious now

It doesn't sound like a SERIOUS problem though so I'm sure it'll make him feel better that it can be fixed. Also I thought that the most sensitive area was the tip/head of the penis. There is a little 'stringy' thing there that I mentioned in conversation before I really realised his 'problem', that he didnt even know existed ... and he has said that the most sensitive area is the out shaft of the penis.So maybe he will be more sensitive too!

thanks again

x

Old 01-03-2006, 11:54 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

a whole new world of wonder is waiting for him. make sure he knows that. it won't hurt his self esteem, but it will give him motivation to stretch. it has to be done often and consistently, or it won't work.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:01 PM   #6
(male)

Metroplex HB User
Wink Re: Foreskin question

When I was a teen, my foreskin didn't retract at all (I am guessing you are teenagers) but I pulled it down daily until it stretched and now it glides comfortably to reveal the head when erect.
I had to wash all the smegma trapped there for all those years (yuck) and now I wash under it daily.
Tell your boyfriend the benefits of cleaning under the foreskin, and help him during sex to stretch it, I think if you do it gently for him it will be a beautiful experience for him!
Otherwise, see a doctor.

Old 01-03-2006, 09:56 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

ftpphix HB User
Phimosis

Little1 I was in the same situation as your boyfriend a few years ago. I was 18 (now 21) and never retratced my foreskin over the head all the way basically because it hurt to do so. When I was younger i had no idea i was meant to retract the foreskin over the head. ignorance maybe but noone ever told me (bad parents). I first got into trouble when I was 18 and experimenting sexually. Couldnt have sex and could be stimulatted oraly. This really bothered me so I went to see a urolgist. He identifed my problem as as phimosis. He gave me some cream (sorry can't remember name) and some simple stretching to do. It all improved dramatically in little over a month and I could have great sex and recieve oral stimulation properly for the first time.
All I can say is he is lucky he has someone like you to care for him and to help him. I had noone! and had to find out the hard way .

send him to a urologist is the best thing i think.

goodluck

-ftpphix-

Old 01-04-2006, 06:31 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

A urologist is not the best advice, unless he lives outside the USA. I know. I have had 3 urologists recommend circumcision, and I have a perfectly functioning penis.

Old 01-04-2006, 07:33 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

X5DRIVER HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little 1
Hello,

I am a female asking a question about my boyfriend.

I want to know about this because I'm worried that it may be unhealthy in some way - not that it makes any difference to my feelings for him at all. I know that no two people are the same afterall!

I don't mean to be too graphic, but I need to provide a description in order to explain my worries!

The thing is ... when he is erect, his foreskin does not go down to reveal the head of the penis. The 'opening' (around the 'head') is probably less than a centimetre ... so you can just see the tip of the penis through the opening of the foreskin. It isnt just that it doesn't naturally reveal the tip: even when 'pulled' down, the head simply doesnt fit out at all.

My concern is that this is not healthy for him. I thought that men needed to clean themselves under the foreskin, and when he ejaculates ... surely some gets caught within the forskin around and under the head, which is covered.

I don't want to mention this to him without knowing that it is unhelathy for him. He knows that I love him no matter what, but I don't want to cause undue concern! I would have thought that, in his position, a circumcision would be better.

Thank you in advance... and sorry if I've wasted time by being concerned about something that isn't a problem

x
Your boyfriend has Phimosis. Phimosis is when the foreskin is too tight to retract behind the glans. It can be a serious problem because trapped smegma, urine and other fluids can build up and cause infection or disease.

The best thing to do is have him see a urologist about the problem. The may recommend stretching, steroid cream or circumcision based upon the extent of the problem.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:11 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

I agree. He has phimosis. Where I disagree, is that the first course of treatment should be stretching, as instructed in the sticky at the top of Men's Health.

Urine isn't trapped by a tight foreskin. Gravity still pulls downward, and that is where the urine goes. Other fluids, what other fluids? Any fluid will still flow out.

He should be very cautious, in seeing a doctor. From personal experience, mine and others, doctors in both the US and England recommend circumcision far more often than it is actually needed. I had a doctor recommend a circumcision for me, because my frenulum tore. When I asked how this would help, he said that it would remove the entire area. My son was taken to three doctors, all of whom recommended circumcision, when he was three. It is common knowledge now, but not then, that phimosis cannot be diagnosed that young, and that it is normal for the foreskin to be unretractable at that age. We had him circumcised. Hindsight is 20/20.

Stretching will very likely be all that he needs. It is free, and it works almost all of the time.

Old 01-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

I was a lucky one, when I was about 6 or 7 my mother told me to try to pull the foreskin back every time I urinated, of course at first it didnt want to go back at all, but after a while it would go back further and further until it was all the way back. It was tight at first, and part of pulling the skin back stretched it. I have friends who were not told this, and some have had circmcisions and some have managed to stretch it for themselves. The result is I have a foreskin that gives me untold pleasure and also protects my glans from all things from rubbing on my clothes to sunburn!

So if someone has never really tried to retract his foreskin on a regular basis stretching has to be the first thing to try. It might take a while, but he will get there in the end. As well as the more intense stretching excercises in the sticky, if he just trys to retract it as far as it will go every time he urninates this will help him a lot.

The foreskin in most penises I have come across are quite tight even when unerect, but most foreskins have an amazing ability to stretch. Even guys I have known who have been unable to retract at all can manage it more and more after some stretching so this must be the first thing to try.

Dont forget that the word Phimosis describes tightness, and every foreskin is tight to a certain extent by design. Just because it is tight does not mean that drastic surgery is required, even if it does provide the raw materials for lots of skin grafts!

Closed Thread