It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2006, 05:38 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User
Ejaculation????

Can a man ejaculate and not be fully erect?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2006, 06:06 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Zagreus HB User
Re: Ejaculation????

Yes. As a matter of fact, he need not be erect at all (though most typically he will be, of course.) But men who are fully impotent can still ejaculate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2006, 07:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

CancerDad HB User

There are actually three different nerve processes going on... One to gain hardness, one to orgasm (you don't have to be erect, or ejaculate although in most men, orgasm usually coincides with ejaculation), and lastly, ejaculation which can occur with an erect penis, with or without orgasm. I was actually surprised to learn this for myself, so I thought I would pass it along to all of you.

Old 01-04-2006, 07:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

it happened to me once. I was so aroused, I simply ejaculated, without benefit of an erection.

Old 01-04-2006, 12:21 PM   #5
(male)

lennydee789 HB User

and, it's possible to masterbate to full orgasm without an erection!

Old 01-04-2006, 12:45 PM   #6
(male)

Ron Z HB User

Yes - it is possible. Due to prostate cancer and very radical surgery, erections are impossible. With stimulation, I can have orgasams which are dry. You have no idea how much I wish I could just have a good old hard on. I am only 51. On the good side, there is no mess! I hope you never find yourself in my position. ENJOY every and any erection you get even though it may be totally at the wrong time or just annoying.

Old 01-04-2006, 02:05 PM   #7
(male)

AHML3000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Z
Yes - it is possible. Due to prostate cancer and very radical surgery, erections are impossible.
Let's don't scare these boys too badly. A prostatectomy doesn't always lead to impotence. In almost 75% of the cases, a near normal sex life can be realized within a year or two of surgery--usually much sooner. I've done the prostate cancer thing, too, and while it's looking more and more like the days of a good old hard-on are gone, there's still a good bit of life left in the old boy. With a little extra attention from the wife and one of those rubber ring type restrictors, he can still get dressed up and go to town.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:46 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

CancerDad HB User

I think the point was "very radical surgery." ED as a result of surgery is different for everyone... depending on a number of variables. I think Ron was speaking to his experience, not quoting statistics. Though, 75% does sound like a pretty high figure to me. Where are you obtaining this statistic?

Ron... being a 33 year old rectal cancer survivor, who also had VERY radical surgery, I can tell you that I completely understand your predicament. Have you considered an implant? How far out are you? It's my understanding from my urologist that some men who undergo radical prostatectomy often spontaneously regain functioning after even up to 3 1/2 years post surgery. Again, this all depends on a number of variables.

AHML: I'm glad your experience has been better than some. I wish you continued success.

Regards,
CancerDad

Old 01-05-2006, 06:37 AM   #9
(male)

AHML3000 HB User

Apologies to Ron. I did misread your comments as general instead of specific to you. I really feel for you, guy, and hope you can regain some function in time.

I was very fortunate my cancer was detected early. My situation was Gleason 6, non-palpable organ confined tumor, only 1 of 12 biopsy cores abnormal. Both nerves were spared.

Dr. Patrick Walsh's book, "Surviving Prostate Cancer," has tables of statisitcs for most any situation. He said I should have about a 98% chance of regaining continence and near 75% chance of regaining erections adequate for penetration. Incontinence was never a problem and the other is definitely headed in the right direction.

Anyway back to the original post, yes, climax is possible without an erection. I was totally shocked when my doctor mentioned it and, believe me, ecstatic when it worked.

Closed Thread